Photo

DJ for a small reception?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#11 clee0605

clee0605
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:13 PM

THANKS! I'm going to use this! my wedding is only 30 people and i was worried about music as well. 

#12 rosyvaldez

rosyvaldez
    • 50 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:11 PM

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. I invite you to visit my Facebook page: Rosy Valdez Productions On Air We are the best choice in music and entertainment. solo singer with my sax and flute, piano, violĀ­n, duet, trio, music band Mariachi DJ music, fire show, etc. Contact me for more info. Rosy valdez Rvproductions@rosyvaldez.com

#13 MsFaszion

MsFaszion
      • 174 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:12 AM

I'm in the beginning states but think I may just go the IPOD route.

#14 clee0605

clee0605
        • 26 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:49 AM

For those of you that went the Ipod route, who announced the cake cutting, first dance, etc?  Did you have a friend use the mic? or just forgo it? 

Thanks!!!

#15 safety75

safety75
          • 287 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:58 AM

I'm having 30-35 total and will be using iPod and wedding DJ app. I haven't yet figured out what the flow/sequence should be abd who will be responsible for the music, announcements etc. would love to hear what others are doing.

#16 MommyBride14

MommyBride14
            • 39 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:39 PM

I am in this same predicament!  I can't justify spending an arm and a leg for a dj that I'm not sure will even play music that we like.  Our resort only allows for semi-private dinners in one of their restaurants and so I have no idea how to go about planning for a reception.  Is anyone else having a semi-private dinner, and how are you going about planning your reception/dancing?  I HAVE to have music and dancing!  I want it to be as close to traditional but still very light and care-free!  My wedding will only have 30 ish guests coming.

#17 riz157

riz157
              • 47 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:04 PM

We'll have 35 guests at our wedding and we are getting the DJ.  It's an added cost but one that I think is well worth it...my favorite part about weddings is the dancing! 

#18 dsulivera

dsulivera
                • 16 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:38 PM

I'm still on the fence about this:( I'd really like a DJ but am way too involved & feel like I care too much about everything being perfect that if the DJ isn't wonderful & do everything I explained to a "t", that i'm just going to end up upset

#19 terrihugg

terrihugg
                  • 43 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:55 PM

Wedding is over and we go the DJ! He was absolutely fabulous. It was a great decision to hire him!

#20 gresley

gresley
                    • 164 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by terrihugg 

Wedding is over and we go the DJ! He was absolutely fabulous. It was a great decision to hire him!

Glad to hear it turned out so awesome :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)