Sign in to follow this  
terrihugg

DJ for a small reception?

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. I invite you to visit my Facebook page: Rosy Valdez Productions On Air We are the best choice in music and entertainment. solo singer with my sax and flute, piano, violín, duet, trio, music band Mariachi DJ music, fire show, etc. Contact me for more info. Rosy valdez Rvproductions@rosyvaldez.com

For those of you that went the Ipod route, who announced the cake cutting, first dance, etc?  Did you have a friend use the mic? or just forgo it? 

Thanks!!!

I'm having 30-35 total and will be using iPod and wedding DJ app. I haven't yet figured out what the flow/sequence should be abd who will be responsible for the music, announcements etc. would love to hear what others are doing.

I am in this same predicament!  I can't justify spending an arm and a leg for a dj that I'm not sure will even play music that we like.  Our resort only allows for semi-private dinners in one of their restaurants and so I have no idea how to go about planning for a reception.  Is anyone else having a semi-private dinner, and how are you going about planning your reception/dancing?  I HAVE to have music and dancing!  I want it to be as close to traditional but still very light and care-free!  My wedding will only have 30 ish guests coming.

We'll have 35 guests at our wedding and we are getting the DJ.  It's an added cost but one that I think is well worth it...my favorite part about weddings is the dancing! 

I'm still on the fence about this:( I'd really like a DJ but am way too involved & feel like I care too much about everything being perfect that if the DJ isn't wonderful & do everything I explained to a "t", that i'm just going to end up upset

Originally Posted by terrihugg View Post

Wedding is over and we go the DJ! He was absolutely fabulous. It was a great decision to hire him!

Glad to hear it turned out so awesome :D