Grand Sunset Princess 2014 Bride!!!!

I have booked our wedding at the Grand Sunset Princess. I have never been and I am having trouble visualizing the place.  I would like to book our reception at the Chill Out zone.  Can anyone tell me that if you book the chill out zone does that include beach area?  Also they have offered a semi private area in the chill out zone.  Does anyone know what this would be like?  If anyone has pictures it would really be great to see what it all looks like.

Thanks!

If you are looking at a more affordable option than doing a full private event, GSP does offer what they call a private "cocktail party"...this is what we have opted for after our dinner at the Miso restaurant.  I have been in correspondence with one of the wedding coordinators (EMMA) and we will be doing this option from 8pm-10pm on the beach.  You have your own private bartender and can hire their DJ for dancing etc.  I am also of the opinion that doing my first dance, dance with my dad, and so on is really important, but do not have the budget for Chill out lounge or other private options.  This seems to be a much more affordable option (depending on your party's size) and they will set up chairs and cocktail tables.  We are choosing to host this on the beach, but she said that they could do it in other locations as well (not sure on what those are, since we liked the idea of doing dancing in the sand...)

The options are 8pm-10pm $25USD per person for domestic open bar (its pricier if you want premium liquor) or $33USD per person for 8pm-11pm

If you want to have a DJ the cost is $560USD for 2hrs or $650USD for the 3hrs.

Hope that helps a bit! Good luck with your planning! :)

@@WinnipegBride - my sister did that option at her wedding in oct 2012, and it was perfect. We had dinner at the steakhouse, and then headed to the beach from 8-10pm. She had a bose for music (so skipped the DJ, but I personally would opt for the Dj or at least the sound equipment to help the music carry) and we had a private bar, with plenty of drink options. The event felt private as no one else was really around, and then after 10pm we headed up to the disco. It was a fantastic night!!

I have booked our wedding at the Grand Sunset Princess. I have never been and I am having trouble visualizing the place.  I would like to book our reception at the Chill Out zone.  Can anyone tell me that if you book the chill out zone does that include beach area?  Also they have offered a semi private area in the chill out zone.  Does anyone know what this would be like?  If anyone has pictures it would really be great to see what it all looks like.

Thanks!

Hi @@Sara1603. I've booked the Chill Out reception for myself as I have been to the resort, and the area is perfect! It's kind of hidden off to the right of the resort, in a private area. There is a big deck with palappas, and the dinner is set up on the deck with round tables. There is a beach area infront of the deck, where the dancing takes place, so yes there is a private beach that comes with it all. Of all the reception options, this one definitely appealed to me the most!

Here is a wedding that opted for the chill out reception:

http://www.weareyourphotogs.com/we-are-jen-jean-claude-pt-1/

There's a lot going on at the end but it can at least give you a slight idea. :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@@WinnipegBride - my sister did that option at her wedding in oct 2012, and it was perfect. We had dinner at the steakhouse, and then headed to the beach from 8-10pm. She had a bose for music (so skipped the DJ, but I personally would opt for the Dj or at least the sound equipment to help the music carry) and we had a private bar, with plenty of drink options. The event felt private as no one else was really around, and then after 10pm we headed up to the disco. It was a fantastic night!!

Hi @@Sara1603. I've booked the Chill Out reception for myself as I have been to the resort, and the area is perfect! It's kind of hidden off to the right of the resort, in a private area. There is a big deck with palappas, and the dinner is set up on the deck with round tables. There is a beach area infront of the deck, where the dancing takes place, so yes there is a private beach that comes with it all. Of all the reception options, this one definitely appealed to me the most!

Here is a wedding that opted for the chill out reception:

http://www.weareyourphotogs.com/we-are-jen-jean-claude-pt-1/

There's a lot going on at the end but it can at least give you a slight idea. :)

Nikki, your wedding looks amazing! You just made me so excited to have chosen the grand sunset princess resort. Your pictures are wonderful and I couldn't be more excited. Loved the chill out bar. 

Nikki, your wedding looks amazing! You just made me so excited to have chosen the grand sunset princess resort. Your pictures are wonderful and I couldn't be more excited. Loved the chill out bar. 

I haven't gotten married yet!! That was just a wedding I found that had the same reception, so I wanted to use it as an example! That wedding makes me so excited too because it looks beautiful and like everyone had a great time!

Mine isn't until May 26, 2015!

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone!

I am just curious to ask if any bride to be/already married are booking/have booked for 10 days.  My fiancé and I are getting married in November, and are currently booked in the Villa for 7 days.  Most of our guests have booked for the week, but I am now considering the possibility of staying for 10 days, since the week will most likely be a busy one.  Anyone else have thoughts on this or anyone who got married and stayed 7 days, would you recommend to stay for 10 days.  I am going back and fourth with this idea and am looking for some feedback.