Group Bookings!!!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 lauriewilde

• 5 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:02 AM

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this site and hoping I can some advice from all of you. I have booked to get married at Dreams Tulum the week of February 16, 2014. I have Save the Dates ready and a website created.

Our travel agent told us that Dreams Tulum only gives quotes for a 2 week time period and then my guests have to get a new quote after that. Could change the price could not?

Has anyone dealt with this constant changing quote? I thought I would get locked in for a longer amount of time?

Alos, what wording did you use on your Save the Dates to get people to book, I fell like I am so in advancce no one knows their schedules or holidays at work?

Last question. How far in advacne did you send actual invitations? Our Early Booking bonus in Aug 22, should I do it before than?

#2 trbutler

• 224 posts
    • Wedding Location:Aruba

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:46 PM

That seems odd!

#3 megthomson

• 258 posts
    • Wedding Date:December 5, 2014
    • Wedding Location:The Beach!
    • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:40 AM

Changing the quote sounds odd...it's a gamble because they could increase it as rooms are getting filled or dropping it if lots of rooms remain.  What did you end up doing?

#4 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:43 AM

when we do group quotes, the rooms and rates are held for much longer until the client releases the rooms.

It doesn't sound right so I would need more details.

Was a group contract signed?

Was this directly with the resort or through a travel agency?

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
    Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#5 HEZZA

• 166 posts
    • Wedding Location:Jamaica - Still deciding on resort
    • LocationNear Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:27 PM

that sounds fishy

#6 krisdaversa

• 308 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 13, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Melia Las Dunas (Cuba)
    • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 15 January 2014 - 10:06 AM

I have gone to a few travel agents looking for pricing and the travel agent told me it depends on the hotel and who we book with (Air Canada, Sunwing, Signture etc)

We were told 2 weeks on some and 90 days on other

#7 CurlyKristen

• 209 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 31, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire
    • LocationPuerto Morelos, Mexico

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:11 AM

be careful for sure!

#8 kcole123

• 850 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 17, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Melia Caribe
    • LocationPunta Cana, Dominican

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:48 AM

so much to consider that I have never realized once I started looking into the destination wedding. All worth it in the end though.

Kristy and Nathan

Melia Caribe Tropical

April 17, 2015

#9 ChristienEarnest

• 183 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 07:48 PM

I think you need to get more information...the information they have provided seems to be incorrect.

#10 DWBride2015

• Site Supporter
      • 128 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 24, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Royalton Resort- Jellyfish
      • LocationDR Punta Cana

Posted 06 April 2014 - 11:57 AM

I think you should talk to someone else

Soon to be Mrs. Thiam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users