Sign in to follow this  
lauriewilde

Group Bookings!!!

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this site and hoping I can some advice from all of you. I have booked to get married at Dreams Tulum the week of February 16, 2014. I have Save the Dates ready and a website created.

Our travel agent told us that Dreams Tulum only gives quotes for a 2 week time period and then my guests have to get a new quote after that. Could change the price could not?

Has anyone dealt with this constant changing quote? I thought I would get locked in for a longer amount of time?

Alos, what wording did you use on your Save the Dates to get people to book, I fell like I am so in advancce no one knows their schedules or holidays at work?

Last question. How far in advacne did you send actual invitations? Our Early Booking bonus in Aug 22, should I do it before than?

Changing the quote sounds odd...it's a gamble because they could increase it as rooms are getting filled or dropping it if lots of rooms remain.  What did you end up doing?

when we do group quotes, the rooms and rates are held for much longer until the client releases the rooms.

It doesn't sound right so I would need more details.

Was a group contract signed?

Was this directly with the resort or through a travel agency?

that sounds fishy

I have gone to a few travel agents looking for pricing and the travel agent told me it depends on the hotel and who we book with (Air Canada, Sunwing, Signture etc)

We were told 2 weeks on some and 90 days on other

so much to consider that I have never realized once I started looking into the destination wedding. All worth it in the end though.