GAMES ???

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 marieeveg

marieeveg
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:11 AM

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if any of you plan of doing games at their wedding ??

I you are, what kind of game are you planning ??

We only have 4 hours for the reception and i am not sure if we will have enough time to play some games.

Thank you !!!

#2 AllieH

AllieH
    • Resort/Area Ambassadors
    • 2,014 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
    • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
    • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:58 AM

Our reception was just 4 hours, and it went by FAST. We did a lot of dancing vs. any games though. I think it really depends on your guests, and what sort of celebration YOU want.

I think a game in the middle may have been a good break from the dancing. The one I like is the shoe game - the bride & groom have 1 of their own shoes, and 1 of the other's shoes. They are sitting back to back so they can't see the other's answer. Someone reads off statements, and then the bride & groom hold up the shoe as their answer of which one of them fits the statement best. The statements should be written by a close friend or family member - and kept "secret" from the B&G.

The statements can be funny like "most likely to leave the toothpaste uncapped", or "most likely to leave a dirty cup in the sink", or more risque or whatever best fits the couple.

HTH! Happy planning!

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#3 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
    • 3,074 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:46 AM

The Shoe Game is So Much FUN!!! it was one of the very memorable "moments that matter" at this Fun wedding reception shown here.......

team MTM asst, Lynda :)

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                          100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#4 WeddingCancun

WeddingCancun
      • Vendor
      • 210 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:10 PM

La vibora de la mar (the snake sea) it's a mexican children game but it has become popular to play it at weddings too! Similar to Londron bridge is falling down.

We help couples planning a beach destination wedding who want a splendid Wedding experience in Cancun and Riviera Maya get simple, elegant and romantic decoration without worring to deal with vendors who really dont care about your wedding. DO YOU KNOW ANYONE LIKE THAT?

#5 Lyman

Lyman
        • 262 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:40 PM

A photo booth provides hours of great FUN too.......and gives your guests a break from dancing for awhile, as well as the opportunity to record a video message of congrats to the bride + groom......or just add some hilarious props to photos they're putting in the couple's album for a keepsake. It's a Blast :)

#6 AllieH

AllieH
          • Resort/Area Ambassadors
          • 2,014 posts
          • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
          • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
          • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:27 PM

I think any sort of party game - cornhole (bean bag toss!), pitching washers, etc. If your group is pretty rambunctious and not shy, you can do some the cheesy ones like pass the lifesaver on a toothpick, unrolling the toilet paper over/under a line per team (first one to finish the roll wins!), twister, etc.

You can have dominoes, cards, or any other game too. It's all about the feel that you want the reception to have!

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#7 taiiwin

taiiwin
          • Banned
          • 1 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:52 PM

The play in wedding I think it is a good idea, hope the wedding is usually have game bigone to become a luxurious feast

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users