Having trouble with gown! Plz help!

MK71809

Hey Brides I am getting married on embarkation day n I can't help but feel that I shouldn't be getting a big ole gown. Bc #1 it's my second marriage n #2 won't be in it very long bc the ceremony n reception will be over by 3pm n I think its silly 2 spend all that money for only several hrs. Can u past brides or brides 2 be help me out! Pllllleeeeaase! I don't want the party 2 end at 3pm when my non sailing guest have 2 leave. What is everyone else doing? Will u have dinner n cocktails later in the evening? R u wearing a big, beautiful wedding gown? What made u decide on long or short? Thanks, Kara

Hi Kara, I think you should wear whatever you want to wear on your wedding day, regardless if it's your second marriage. I do suggest you get a dress that travels well though (material that doesn't wrinkle easily/not too heavy/not too hot for the destination you chose). I didn't get married on a cruise, but I did get married on a beach and my dress was super lightweight chiffon. Good luck!

Originally Posted by MK71809 View Post

Hey Brides I am getting married on embarkation day n I can't help but feel that I shouldn't be getting a big ole gown. Bc #1 it's my second marriage n #2 won't be in it very long bc the ceremony n reception will be over by 3pm n I think its silly 2 spend all that money for only several hrs. Can u past brides or brides 2 be help me out! Pllllleeeeaase! I don't want the party 2 end at 3pm when my non sailing guest have 2 leave. What is everyone else doing? Will u have dinner n cocktails later in the evening? R u wearing a big, beautiful wedding gown? What made u decide on long or short?

Thanks, Kara

Hi Kara,

So I got my dress from Nordstroms online. There is a Nordstrom Wedding Suite not too far from me that I'll have all the alterations done at. What I love love love about Nordstroms is their return policy. So far I have purchased 3 gowns off their website and have returned the 2 I didn't like. As long as it's not altered and you still have the tags they will take it back no questions asked. I got my dress for $250 which is unheard of. All the reviews from this gown said it's easy to travel with and doesn't wrinkle. I've tried it on and I LOVE it!! It does run a lil long so I'll have to get it altered. Another thing about Nordstorm is they'll let you chose a $$ amount to go up to and it's free shipping over $75. I don't know if you have got your dress yet or if you are still looking but if you are still looking I'd look into Nordstrom's Wedding Gown selections. If you do have your dress and are feeling guilty what is the return policy like. A dress doesn't have to cost an arm and a leg for it to be considered a wedding gown. As long as you feel comfortable in it and are comfortable with the price then I say it's the right gown. If your dress is big and the price is right and you feel good in it then I say rock that gown! Good of luck!

Best,

Melissa

Wedding Suite Dresses $500 and under:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/c/wedding-bride-all-dresses?origin=leftnav#category=b60153960&type=category&marketingslots=2&page=1&size=&width=&price=100-150_150-200_200-300_300-500&brand=&instoreavailability=false&lastfilter=price&sizeFinderId=2&resultsmode=&segmentId=0&partial=1&pagesize=100&contextualsortcategoryid=0&shopperSegment=1%7CP2%3AP%7CCS1001%3ACS

Pic of my dress...only cost $250 and looks amazing on and I'm no size 2:

Adrianna Papell Pleat Bodice Rosette Ballgown

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/adrianna-papell-pleat-bodice-rosette-ballgown/3136583?origin=category-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=IVORY&resultback=5023&cm_sp=personalizedsort-_-browseresults-_-1_15_D&pprd=0

_6362075.jpg

• Like 1

Thank u! I haven't purchased it yet but have fallen inlove with this one uge2azeq.jpg

Hope the pic comes up :))

That is beautiful!!!!!! I love love love it! I think as long as you look and feel great in it to hell with what anyone says about your 2nd wedding. I think you deserve to feel special on this day no matter what! Good luck!

I love your gown - to make you feel better, it is our second wedding as well (I am in my late 40's), my original thought was that I would get a simple gown since it is our second wedding and it was on a cruise, well I tried on all of the ones that I printed (without a train, no fuss etc) and I ended up with something I never thought I would; when I tried it on I just fell in love with it!

LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01

Dst8 what day r u getting married on ur cruise?

Thank u 2 everyone that responded... ya know what I'm gonna get that big beautiful dress bc my first marriage didn't matter and It's still my day :))

Kara

Kara - great way to look at it - its your day and it should be whatever you want it to be.....

We are getting married on the Breeze 1-4-14

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting married on embarkation day as well, and I'm wearing what I want!  Yes, the non sailing guests have to get off at 3, but I'm staying in my dress until after dinner.  I really want to take pictures during the captain's drill! LOL! We aren't having a formal reception, since dinner is at 6.  I'm staying in my dress as long as I want! Do whatever pleases you, because that's all that matters on that day!  Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...