El Taj Bride? Or Non-Inclusive Venues?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 TheDivineMissC

TheDivineMissC
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:54 AM

Hi everyone!

Just about to start reaching out to venues in the Playa Del Carmen to start planning our October wedding.  My fiance Chris and I are excited to plan and know we have a lot of work to do.  He works in the hotel/hospitality industry, and I am an event planner, so we have a lot of experience but it's definitely different planning your own!  Plus we are not planning on doing a site, so we are rolling the dice a little and hoping for the best.  

Anyone else looking at El Taj,or have any experience with their staff and vendors?  We love this boutique hotel and are hoping that this might be *the one*!

Are there other recommendations for a non-inclusive hotel that is on the beach?  For both room blocks and as a reception venue.  We want to be on the beach, and would love to be able to do everything on site, and avoid the all-inclusive resorts.  

Congratulations to all the engaged couples out there, and to those who have tied the knot! :)

Cheers!

#2 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
    • 3,074 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:28 AM

Congrats TheDivineMissC + Chris !!!  on your destination wedding coming up in our gorgeous hometown of Playa del Carmen in Oct :)

Hope you find the perfect venue that fits your plans exactly and creates the wonderful backdrop to your wedding celebration you're dreaming of !!! Cheers :)

team MTM asst, Lynda :)

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                          100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#3 Kristen112808

Kristen112808
      • 169 posts
        • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:32 AM

The above pics look amazing!

Congrats and welcome!! :)

#4 feebi

feebi
        • 154 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:41 PM

You can look into Le Reve. They are a boutique hotel on the beach and would be an excellent venue for a wedding. I just got back from my stay there and have to say I was very happy with this hotel. The service and food were excellent and the place is gorgeous!! You can rent out the whole hotel too for total privacy. 

#5 mscheryl10

mscheryl10
          • 154 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:00 AM

Congrats and Welcome!! Those pics are beautiful, hope you can decide, Happy planning!

#6 dreamweddings

dreamweddings

Insiders

• Insiders w/ Articles
            • 603 posts
              • LocationPlaya Del Carmen

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by TheDivineMissC 

Hi everyone!

Just about to start reaching out to venues in the Playa Del Carmen to start planning our October wedding.  My fiance Chris and I are excited to plan and know we have a lot of work to do.  He works in the hotel/hospitality industry, and I am an event planner, so we have a lot of experience but it's definitely different planning your own!  Plus we are not planning on doing a site, so we are rolling the dice a little and hoping for the best.  

Anyone else looking at El Taj,or have any experience with their staff and vendors?  We love this boutique hotel and are hoping that this might be *the one*!

Are there other recommendations for a non-inclusive hotel that is on the beach?  For both room blocks and as a reception venue.  We want to be on the beach, and would love to be able to do everything on site, and avoid the all-inclusive resorts.  

Congratulations to all the engaged couples out there, and to those who have tied the knot! :)

Cheers!

Hey TheDivineMissC,

Congrats on your engagement and choosing for a choosing Destination Wedding.

As Wedding planner here in Playa Del Carmen and I must point out the El taj is a family friendly place and this beautiful location offers an excellent service and food. The beach area is called Indigo Beach club pretty busy area because is in the center, if you do not mind having tourist passing through during your ceremony then for sure you will be perfectly fine in having both the ceremony and reception there.

As you may know they have the restaurant right on the beach and they are pretty flexible, you are allowed to bring in any vendor you prefer.. Usually when you are having a reception there, you are allowed to use their furniture including lounges, white linen and some of their illumination.

They have a wide range of  menus to select from.

If you are interested in having more information please feel free to PM or email me at weddingsinplayadelcarmen@gmail.com

Happy Planning!

Joyce 

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya- We pay attention to your wishes and coordinate closely with you to ensure your wedding or event is planned to perfection! Supporting you brides and help you feel less overwhelmed during the wedding planning process.

Have fun the best is yet to come!

This is where I will be posting all videos about most common question about Destination wedding

:)  https://www.facebook...64036763874450/

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya
              weddingsinplayadelcarmen@gmail.com
              http://www.dreamwedd.../Home_Page.html

Happy Planning!
              Joyce

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users