Photo

Dreams Puerto Vallarta Brides 2012- 2014

• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#141 MrsBurnett2014

MrsBurnett2014
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:13 PM

Hi - can any of you lovely ladies recommend a travel agency? Most of my guests are flying in from the LA area. Thanks!

#142 bbbride

bbbride
    • 38 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:12 PM

My TA just posted on Facebook that AMResorts won't be managing dreams Cancun or puerto Vallarta after April 2014. Does anyone have info on this?

#143 Laurieu

Laurieu
      • 1 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:19 AM

I an the Owner/Manager of Vulcan Vacations, and we just heard that AM REsorts won't be managing Dreams Puerto Vallartaafter March 2014.  It might even be closed.  If you are looking for other resorts in that area, pelase give us a call and we can help you out.

Thanks!  Laurie  laurie@vulcanvacations.com

#144 futurekcarrera

futurekcarrera
        • 27 posts
        • Wedding Date:May 14, 2011
        • Wedding Location:Secrets Vallarta Bay, Puerto Vallarta
        • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:56 PM

It looks like they got purchased by Playa Resorts by Hilton, and that re-branding for the Dreams PV will take place in Q4 of 2014. I imagine that that means on the interim it will continue to operate as is, and there will also be construction happening late next year. (this is not a FACT, just my speculation based on the website posting)

http://playaresorts.com/about-3.php

Soon to be a Carrera

Secrets Vallarta Bay

November 2014

#145 elisa555

elisa555
        • 8 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:48 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by bbbride 

My TA just posted on Facebook that AMResorts won't be managing dreams Cancun or puerto Vallarta after April 2014. Does anyone have info on this?

Hi bbride, 

Yes, I just heard the same news from my TA. And my wedding is in April 2014! They are being bought out by the Hyatt and starting their remodel April 21, 2014. 

What are you going to do? Are you considering a different resort? 

#146 aamy

aamy
          • 2 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:38 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by elisa555 

Hi bbride, 

Yes, I just heard the same news from my TA. And my wedding is in April 2014! They are being bought out by the Hyatt and starting their remodel April 21, 2014. 

What are you going to do? Are you considering a different resort? 

Has the hotel made a statement that they are remodelling on the 21st? Or was this from your TA also?

#147 elisa555

elisa555
            • 8 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:15 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by aamy 

Has the hotel made a statement that they are remodelling on the 21st? Or was this from your TA also?

This was from my TA. Now, I'm hearing june 2014 ( from the email trail). 

I'm so lost on what to do. I'm emailing other resorts just to see if they have my date available. That will help narrow down my options. 

#148 deinasm

deinasm
              • 11 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:23 PM

Hi Ladies! Based on all the talk on here I contacted my coordinator at the resort and asked her if they were taking wedding reservations for 2014/2015. She told me that they have a stop sell as of April 20, 2014 and are booking no weddings past that date until they find out from the new owners how to proceed. From what I have read there will be a major remodel and they may close during but they won't give any other details. I had a site visit planned for Feb 2014 and will be canceling and choosing a new resort for the wedding....I am super bummed as I really loved the look of this resort! Hope this helps...

#149 vik123

vik123
                • 5 posts
                • Wedding Location:Las Caletas
                • LocationPV, Mexico

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:41 PM

Hi ladies, Was just about to book my wedding at dreams. Can't believe this is all happening. So fortunate that I didn't print the invites. I feel badly for all the brides who have to fully re-arrange there weddings. Anyone have an idea of what resorts they are switching too? After SO much research, it's hard to decide.

#150 kristadawn

kristadawn
                • 23 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:01 AM

Well I do believe the change in ownership is perhaps changing the resort and right now I wouldn't recommend it.we had so many issues and only such a small group that i'm just disappointed not even mad..all the reviews were so amazing that I can't even list all the mishaps. Overall my holiday was still enjoyable and the kids enjoyed it as well but I will never go back to this resort. We love Mexico and our wedding will be one of our best days ever however I can't rave about the hotel or service. Nothing was so awful that it ruined our holiday but for the money we paid we expected more. When we get home ill post more details we are just on travel day

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users