Dreams Puerto Vallarta Brides 2012- 2014

That is not a bad price at all considering the number of photos!

Do you also know if there is a late night bar at the resort?  I keep reading about the "sports bar", but I can't find anything more concrete about it.  I've also heard about Desires at a lot of Dreams resorts, but it doesn't seem to be in PV?

Originally Posted by amysis View Post

That is not a bad price at all considering the number of photos!

Do you also know if there is a late night bar at the resort?  I keep reading about the "sports bar", but I can't find anything more concrete about it.  I've also heard about Desires at a lot of Dreams resorts, but it doesn't seem to be in PV?

Yeah, I know! When I put all that together, there just wasn't any other option for me!

There is a Desire's at Dreams in PV. It is across from El Patio.

Alright, so Amir is standing on the stairs. Behind him is the doorway to El Patio, and directly across from these doors (El Patio) is the Desires Sports Lounge. I don't know why Dreams doesn't have it listed, but it is there! We hung out there briefly a couple of times, but I was usually exhausted by around 11 and wanted to go up to bed.

I can't believe I didn't take a picture.... but it is there!

Thanks so much!!All of this is a huge help! I definetly need to sit down and go over it all!

more time in a day is what we need :) lol...

My fiancee is adament on a legal ceremony,  ithink its a crazy expense but he feels if we are asking people to come and pay for the trip that we can pay for the true legal trip.. i disagree but lost that battle haha..

definetly need to look into the photography!!

can i ask what the deal is on the bonfire? i havent heard anything about that o[ption, but would be great welcome day or something!!

AS well I just did email invites to save date, but for you who did own invites, did you use template? Im hoping to do them this weekend but really should have looked more into it all sooner!! Procrastination!! :)

Originally Posted by kristadawn View Post

Thanks so much!!All of this is a huge help! I definetly need to sit down and go over it all!

more time in a day is what we need :) lol...

My fiancee is adament on a legal ceremony,  ithink its a crazy expense but he feels if we are asking people to come and pay for the trip that we can pay for the true legal trip.. i disagree but lost that battle haha..

definetly need to look into the photography!!

can i ask what the deal is on the bonfire? i havent heard anything about that o[ption, but would be great welcome day or something!!

AS well I just did email invites to save date, but for you who did own invites, did you use template? Im hoping to do them this weekend but really should have looked more into it all sooner!! Procrastination!!

I would talk to whoever you contact at Dreams is and find out all the things you need to do to have the legal ceremony.... if you want a catholic ceremony, you cannot do it on the beach, you have to go to one of the local Catholic Churches. If you just want it legal, I believe a judge comes out, which is then another fee.... While I understand and agree with your fiance...... if your paying nearly $2000 to make it legal in a country that isn't even yours, plus the cost of making it legal back here (not to mention how LONG that will take because it takes a long time to get the paper work back)...... just something to keep in mind. You can always get legally married AFTER back home, so it's not like you did it before....again, just something in my honest opinion that seems to be a huge waste of money/hassle when you don't have to do the same things legally back home....

I would look into the photography pretty quickly.... November is a pretty busy month, especially since your getting married this year!

Here's the info for the bonfire that Eleane sent me,  hope it helps!

I would send your your save the dates quickly, so that way people know...... and get your invites out as quickly as you can! People need time to put money aside... and you really can't do the same timeline as a traditional wedding (3-4 weeks), as it requires more planning (people need to check their passports, ensure they are up to date... save money.... get the time off work for a week, etc.) How many people are you inviting?

Has anyone had luck contacting the in house photographer from Dreams, I think they are Dreams Adventura Photography? They have replied to me a couple of times but never seem to fully anwer my question. I'm trying to find out if there is a way to get all the photos taken on a CD and just have the 36 or 50 photos that are included in the packages actually printed out. In her last email she said this:

In fact the LOVE or ULTIMATE package have included the images on a digital CD, hight resolution and jpeg format including the copy rights so then you can make prints and copies any size of your preference.

But I can't tell if she means you get the 36 or 50 photos that are included on a CD as well as printed or if you get ALL the photos on a CD. I've emailed them to clarify but its been two weeks again with no response. My other choice was Photoshoots Vallarta as well but if we dont have to incur the extra costs I would prefer not to. Just wondering if anyone has tried to get an answer on this same topic with them? Thanks!

Thanks! We have been in contact with the legal department who deals with the legal marriages and hopefully have all costs back this weekend!

We are only inviting family and very few close friends, wanted it more of a family holiday than anything. Emailed about photography! we qualify for the free wedding package but unfortunetly we still have more than ten people and need a reception or coctail hour so the free package isnt working and need to upgrade and hopefully save some that way?Havent heard back from thm regarding kids, are they full price for meals ect .

All the packages show only up to 20 people and then extra, we have about 20 ish adults and ten kids or so. just cant justify that cost when its all inclusive for people to eat anyway?

Anyone do the ceremony and then just do something else? I dont want it to appear unorganized or cheap, but not sure on the cost to feed people when its already included??

I def want to look into the bonfire idea for a welcome to all ..

Thanks! Still rambling !!lol..

Originally Posted by SLetendre View Post

Has anyone had luck contacting the in house photographer from Dreams, I think they are Dreams Adventura Photography? They have replied to me a couple of times but never seem to fully anwer my question. I'm trying to find out if there is a way to get all the photos taken on a CD and just have the 36 or 50 photos that are included in the packages actually printed out. In her last email she said this:

But I can't tell if she means you get the 36 or 50 photos that are included on a CD as well as printed or if you get ALL the photos on a CD. I've emailed them to clarify but its been two weeks again with no response. My other choice was Photoshoots Vallarta as well but if we dont have to incur the extra costs I would prefer not to. Just wondering if anyone has tried to get an answer on this same topic with them? Thanks!

i emailed as well! asking that exact question! hope we get some answers!!

So I just came across this on Pinterest and thought it would be awesome for a destination wedding (considering the cost of imported flowers). Has any body considered using synthetic flowers and doing it themselves??? At first I thought 'tacky" but the more I think about it, I'm actually considering it. If you buy the nice fake flowers, it can turn out really pretty (and exactly how you want it!), plus it is a keepsake forever! Thoughts, opinions? Is it a"no-no" or maybe worth it?

Check this out, it looks really good!:

http://www.weddingchicks.com/2012/09/17/how-to-make-a-fake-flower-bridal-bouquet/

Hey Ladies!

Jenny, thank you so much for confirming that there is a Desires at the resort!

@SLetendre & @KristadawnWe are working with Adventure Photography, and I have also had issues with their communication.  I was under the impression that we got the 50 photos on CD--I haven't heard anything about prints.  I can tell you that the Love and Ultimate packages only include 50 images--any additional have to be purchased at approximate $10 each.  Let me know if they get back to you on prints, please!  And I will let you ladies know what I find out--I cannot believe that our wedding is 3 weeks from today!  

@Kristadawn: The packages all include 20 people for food, drinks, cake, etc.  It is a per person charge beyond 20, which I agree is very frustrating given that it's an all inclusive.  I've had to think about it as paying for the private service, rather than the food and drinks.  And kids do cost less than adults.

I have a friend that recently got married at Dreams Cancun, and they did a late morning ceremony, reserved tables at one of the restaurants for lunch, and then they rented a catamaran and took all of their guests sailing for the afternoon.  They had a fantastic time!  I absolutely love the idea, except that it'd mean I wouldn't wear my dress as long!

@futurekcarrera: I did my bridesmaids flowers this afternoon!  I am absolutely onboard with fake flowers!  I bought flowers at Michaels for $8 for each BM bouquet and some wired ribbon to hold the stems together.  They are not as beautiful as those flowers on weddingchicks.com, but I think they look pretty darn good for about $10 each.  Even if we don't take them back home with us, it's way cheaper than buying the real flowers at the resort.