• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#51 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 05:27 PM

Anny they look great! Thanks for being the ginneypig and trying them out! This is one decision I am definite of for my wedding!

#52 -Kate-

-Kate-
    • VIP Member
    • 7,676 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 10:26 PM

Those look fab! I am thinking about doing those for the welcome dinner.

Question: Do you use all pics of the couple or do you put family and friends on there too? It'd be cute for the reception to find group pics of the B&G with the guests seated at each table.

#53 Jackie

Jackie
      • 2,290 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 10:30 PM

Ann those are very nice. I love them!
        My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
        http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#54 Christine

Christine
        • VIP Member
        • 21,514 posts
        • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
        • Wedding Location:Napa, California
        • LocationReno, NV

Posted 21 December 2006 - 02:56 PM

I am jumping in on this really late...but those are so cute and I was wondering how the clear labels turned out, did anyone try them? I am excited about trying these.
        Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#55 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
        • VIP Member
        • 11,403 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 04:56 PM

I admit - I didn't do it yet! I really think I like the velum idea better though because it creates a diffused effect over the whole bag. I think I will try these again since I have gotten a better printer & gotten smarter about this whole at home printing stuff once I created my invitations.

#56 Christine

Christine
          • VIP Member
          • 21,514 posts
          • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
          • Wedding Location:Napa, California
          • LocationReno, NV

Posted 21 December 2006 - 05:10 PM

let me know how it goes, I am debating between a night time candle-lit ceremony and a garden wedding. Not sure what to do yet but if I do either I can use the luminaries. I like the idea making some of the decor because it gives that personalized feeling.
          Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#57 jpkw

jpkw
          • VIP Member
          • 1,650 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 05:15 PM

I finally got around to buying white bags from Michaels and I'm going to try to make the luminarias with our template on the clear labels. I'll post a pic when I'm finished.
            Questions:
            1) Do you put a design on each side of the bag, or just one side?
            2) What size candle do you use? I want to have the luminarias around the reception area at Cascade (dreams) and I wonder if votive candles might burn out too quick... Let me know what candles anyone else has used and if I should get them down in Cabo or bring down. Also, can you just put the candle in the bag and not need a glass container around it?
            thanks girls!!

#58 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
            • 1,430 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 04:24 PM

Jen, I did just one side of the bag. Also, I'm using a glass votive candle and I'm going to put a little sand in each bag to weigh it down. I bought the glass votive candles at Michaels it was $5 for 12. They were on sale! I bought a ton of them! How many are you going to do for Cascade? I'm not sure if that helps at all?

#59 jpkw

jpkw
              • VIP Member
              • 1,650 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 02:40 AM

Thanks Natalie!! I have to go back and look for some cheap candles at Michaels. What a great deal!! I still don't know how many I'll use at Cascade. I bought enough to make about 20 - not sure if I'll use that many b/c I'm also having tiki's... I might ask Mariana or Maye how many luminarias is typical. How many are you using?

#60 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 6,996 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 03:16 AM

Mariana suggested 80 or so for the Oceana Terrace...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users