Photo

Any Occidental Grand Xcaret Brides 2013-14?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 MrsK

MrsK
  • 44 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 29, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Occidental Grand Xcaret
  • LocationRed Deer, Alberta

Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:28 PM

Well, it's official we are switching to the cliff/ruins location. Lol I'm so glad you posted those photos and thanks so much for your pros/cons list! We are sure we would prefer the more private location...and the view is fabulous.

#22 Briggitte

Briggitte
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:10 AM

You're going to love it! Let me know if you have any other questions! 

#23 elizmellis

elizmellis
    • 12 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:51 AM

i'm still trying to decide which resort for my wedding but i'm almost 90% sure it will be at Occidental Grand Xcaret All Inclusive, it looks so beautiful. any tips would be great :)

#24 elizmellis

elizmellis
      • 12 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:18 AM

did you get the "free" wedding package or did you have to pay the fee? did you get the mariachi band if so howmuch does it cost?

your pictures are amazing - i will definitly be choosing the cliff side as well now :)

#25 MrsK

MrsK
        • 44 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:39 AM

We opted for the private reception at the beach house as it is beautiful! The cost for buffet is $40 pp, or for sit down meal $50 pp extra. Also, we decided to add an extra hour for our reception at $18 pp/ hour. Here is the list of prices for additional items...Posted Image

#26 Briggitte

Briggitte
        • 9 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:05 AM

I got the free package but upgraded certain things. We spent an extra $100 for the two teir cake and spent an extra $500 on the mariachi band (they play during the cocktail reception). We had our dinner in the mexican restraunt since we had under $30 people. That was $18 per person including all drinks. If you have over 30 people you have to rent out the reception area in the beach house (which is where they hold the cocktail hour) and the price can go anywhere from $40 per person for dinner to $65 depending on how many people.

They have a whole warehouse filled with decor items that previous brides have left behind and items that they normally have anyways for events. So don't puchase anything until you ask the planner. They supply you with everything decor wise you will need so that ends up saving a ton of money.

#27 Myrian

Myrian
          • 1 posts
          • Wedding Location:Cancun

Posted 11 January 2014 - 07:48 PM

Great pls post pic. I would love to get marry at OGX . Also when is the best time of the year for a wedding. I was planning July or August.

#28 MrsK

MrsK
          • 44 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:00 AM

Our wedding at the OGX was perfect! Our wedding coordinator Melanie answered my emails prior to the wedding promptly and made our wedding day even better than we thought it could be. We had our ceremony beside the Mayan ruins right next to the ocean, it was private and beautiful! Our wedding reception was held in the beach club and Melanie set it all up so nicely. We used the resort dj and were very happy with him as well. We just got married on January 29th, so we don't have our professional photos quite yet, but cannot wait to see them! Here are a few pictures from the big day :)

Attached Files

#29 Mikecantarell

Mikecantarell

Insiders

• Insiders
          • 338 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:00 AM

Hello ladies, 

Xcaret is a great place for a destination wedding, take a look at this real wedding that took place there.
            Enjoy it!   ^_^

Edited by Mikecantarell, 10 February 2014 - 10:23 AM.

#30 Amber2686

Amber2686
            • 6 posts
            • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya, Mexico
            • LocationWaco, Texas

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:23 PM

@Briggitte

Hi Briggitte, I'm Amber. I am planning a wedding for August 2015, and The Occidental Grande Xcaret is high on my list of resorts that I like--in large part thanks to the beautiful pictures you shared of your ceremony at the cliff/ruins site! I LOVE the ruins, and I like the idea of being close to Xcaret Park. I also like the price, as it fits the budget for my guests. The problem I'm having is that I cannot find any information on wedding package prices. The only thing that I have found is the pricing for a private dinner reception -- no other package information.

If you happen to have information on the packages offered and pricing for them, would you mind sharing it with me?

Also, I remember seeing that you did dinner in the Mexican restaurant. Did you have a dance/reception afterward? If so, was that in the restaurant also?

I really appreciate any help you might be able to offer!
            Thanks,
            Amber

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users