Negril Recommendations

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 emmie875

emmie875
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

Hi everyone,

I am new to BDW and just in the beginning stages of planning my Jamaican destination wedding! We are having about 40 people, including children. Negril is where we want to stay and I was wondering what all inclusive recommendations people have. I have been looking through past posts but there is nothing recent. We are not getting married until 1/2015, so we have quite some time to plan.

Thanks in advance

#2 JA2012

JA2012
    • 334 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

Hi & Welcome!

Depending on your budget there are alot of great places in Negril. I know some of them off by heart because I've researched them all for my own wedding. LOL!

Moondance Cliffs is gorgeous! But on the higher end.

Negril Escape is cute and has a tropical feel.

Rockhouse is good for you because I believe the max guests was something like 50

And Tensing Pen is another good one.

There's also the typical hotel weddings like Riu in Negril.

Good luck and happy planning :-)

#3 Cherina

Cherina
      • Banned
      • 636 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:38 PM

Emmie congrats on your engagement. I love Negril, My wedding is there in just over a year. Decide what feel you want modern, casual, local flair, beach, cliffs, hotel, boutique, villa exc. JA2012 the only thing I would add is Moon Dance Villas 40 people is perfect fur a venue buy out!!! Luxury and privacy

2.14.14 I can not wait to marry my very best friend ... Again!

#4 carrie8i8

carrie8i8
        • 2 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:07 AM

Actually if you plan to have kids under 12, most of the cliff side resorts do not allow kids to stay there because it's dangerous.  Also the Rockhouse only does weddings from April - Dec 15, so January would not work.

#5 raelay

raelay
          • 10 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:10 PM

I was going to say I don't think Rockhouse or Moondance will allow children(we looked at them and they look amazing!). I think Beaches does. We are doing Riu because it was more affordable for us and our family and allowed children. We are expecting between 30-35. I would love to hear from anyone who is planning a wedding there this year(or recently had one). 

#6 pzl101

pzl101
            • 281 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by JA2012 

Hi & Welcome!

Depending on your budget there are alot of great places in Negril. I know some of them off by heart because I've researched them all for my own wedding. LOL!

Moondance Cliffs is gorgeous! But on the higher end.

Negril Escape is cute and has a tropical feel.

Rockhouse is good for you because I believe the max guests was something like 50

And Tensing Pen is another good one.

There's also the typical hotel weddings like Riu in Negril.

Good luck and happy planning :-)

Thanks for this list - I am also looking for Negril suggestions but it seems like most of the nicer places are all on cliffs? Even though all of these look gorgeous, my FI and I are set on a beach ceremony.

Not sure if we want Riu or Sandals either (may be too big for us) We are planning on only 24 people including. Are there any others?

#7 pzl101

pzl101
              • 281 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by Cherina 

Emmie congrats on your engagement. I love Negril, My wedding is there in just over a year. Decide what feel you want modern, casual, local flair, beach, cliffs, hotel, boutique, villa exc.

JA2012 the only thing I would add is Moon Dance Villas 40 people is perfect fur a venue buy out!!! Luxury and privacy

ohh Moon Dance Villas looks beautiful and it's on the beach? We won't have enough to rent the whole place out but what a gorgeous resort!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users