• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 alwalters625

alwalters625
  • 57 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 22, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Now Larimar- Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Posted 28 August 2014 - 11:11 AM

I effeminately want to go barefoot on the beach, but I have no idea what shoes to wear after for my reception.  What is everyone else doing??  I just got my dress this weekend and not sure what would go well and have to worry about the hem, since I will be barefoot but wearing shoes later....

I am wondering about the same thing. I definitely want barefoot sandals for the ceremony, but the reception is not on the beach and I wanted to switch to heels, however if I get my dress hemmed for me to be barefoot, how will that look, and if I hem it for heels won't it be too long during the ceremony?

#42 Sabes44

Sabes44
  • 354 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 29, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Riviera Cancun
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 28 August 2014 - 12:51 PM

I am wondering about the same thing. I definitely want barefoot sandals for the ceremony, but the reception is not on the beach and I wanted to switch to heels, however if I get my dress hemmed for me to be barefoot, how will that look, and if I hem it for heels won't it be too long during the ceremony?

When I tried on my dress the gal who was helping me said I should get heels no higher than 3" and remember you have to hold your dress, bouquet and dad's arm walking down the isle.  I will hold my dress till I get to the sand and it will just puddle a little bit on the sand as I walk.  Hopefully won't be too bad, but I haven't found shoes yet either...

Edited by Sabes44, 28 August 2014 - 12:52 PM.

#43 KAT2015

KAT2015
  • 115 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 4, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Calgary, AB, Canada
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta, Canada

Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:58 PM

I haven't even really thought about it all that much - I figured if my dress drags in the same then so be it! I'll bring shoes and leave them at the end of the aisle or with my sister!

I will have flats to change into after my feet hurt at the reception, so I'll keep that in mind when my dress gets bustled.

#44 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:56 PM

Why do you have to hold your dress? Isn't that why they hem it while wearing your shoes? Hahah I'm a newbie and it shows

Ohhh maybe you mean the train?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by calgarybride2015, 28 August 2014 - 03:57 PM.

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#45 Sabes44

Sabes44
  • 354 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 04:05 PM

Why do you have to hold your dress? Isn't that why they hem it while wearing your shoes? Hahah I'm a newbie and it shows

Ohhh maybe you mean the train?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I would be going barefoot for the ceremony on the sand and it would be longer to go with heels for the reception portion.  So that's why the gal said I would have to hold it.  But I will only hold it till right before I walk on the sand.  Don't worry I didn't even think about that part till the sales girl mentioned it!

#46 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 28 August 2014 - 04:07 PM

Well I would be going barefoot for the ceremony on the sand and it would be longer to go with heels for the reception portion.  So that's why the gal said I would have to hold it.  But I will only hold it till right before I walk on the sand.  Don't worry I didn't even think about that part till the sales girl mentioned it!

ahhhhh, yes makes sense.

I remember this question being posed before about how to prepare for flats/barefeet and heels.

I am going barefoot if the sand allows, and then sandals for the rest of the day so I may be ok!

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#47 Sabes44

Sabes44
  • 354 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 04:10 PM

ahhhhh, yes makes sense.

I remember this question being posed before about how to prepare for flats/barefeet and heels.

I am going barefoot if the sand allows, and then sandals for the rest of the day so I may be ok!

Yup you will be good to go!  I am such a heels person and my fiance loves me being "tall" so  now just need to find the right shoes!  I have no idea what would even work with my dress.

#48 projecttwayne2015

projecttwayne2015
  • 102 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 18, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Guanacaste, Costa Rica
  • LocationThunder Bay, ON

Posted 28 August 2014 - 05:26 PM

sandal are definately the way to go

#49 Maggietron

Maggietron
  • 294 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 11, 2015

Posted 29 August 2014 - 06:26 AM

I want to go barefoot because I hate shoe shopping, but I guess I'm still going to need sandals for the reception. I suppose wearing birkenstocks at your wedding probably isn't very fashionable lol.

#50 LauraM

LauraM
  • 232 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 1, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace, Cancun Mexico

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:08 AM

I'm actually considering some sort of pretty white slipper... either that or barefoot. I just want to feel free and comfortable!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users