Getting married at tHe Hard Rock Cancun

Hey!  I started a new post but it has to be approved first.  So, I'll post some pics here...

The rooms were great!  Everyone booked the Deluxe Platinum rooms with an ocean view.  We were given an upgrade and our room was on the 3rd floor.  We were extremely happy with the room.  I let the hubby pick the menu for the reception and he picked the Mediterranean menu.  The wedding coordinator will give you a list of all the different kinds of menus to choose from.  Everything was really good! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyalaneh View Post

We had an amazing time!  I couldn't have asked for a better experience.  Everything was better than I could have imagined.  I'll list and review some things...but if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. 

The hotel itself was great.  The food was wonderful, the drinks were plentiful, and the staff was very helpful...I have no complaints about the hotel...other than...the lobby bar is in the middle of the hotel.  Since this is not an adults only resort, there were kids everywhere...including the bar area.  Also, the discotheque does not open until 11:30 at night...which by that time most everyone was tired from all the activities during the day.  Other than that...everything else was pretty great! 

The actual wedding day was so easy!  They handled everything and I didn't have to worry about anything.  Cintya is so very sweet and made sure everything went perfectly.  I also had a friend be in charge of getting everyone down to the beach on time for the wedding...this helped a lot.  I went with the complementary package and just changed a few of the details.  First off I got rid of that gold tree branch thing.  I went with hot pink roses for all of my flowers...including the ones in the vase at the alter.  I changed the gold vase to a clear glass vase as well.  The flowers were beautiful and I was really happy with the quality of my bouquet, the bridesmaids bouquets, and the groomsman's boutonnieres.  

The reception was held on the Breeze Terrace on the 3rd floor instead of the planned Infinity Terrace.    Cintya said it would be better so we went with that and she was right.  Everything was set up beautifully.  You have your own personal bar and bartender.  It was a buffet dinner, but it was tastefully done and I have no complaints.  We chose the Mediterranean Buffet and the food was delicious!  The only thing I changed on the menu was the fig tart to a fruit tart.  One thing to consider...I had a hard time deciding if I wanted to spend the money to set up an ipod speaker system...I believe it is $395 for just 2 hours.  I decided against it and I'm glad I did.  There was another wedding reception just below us with a loud DJ and all.  We were able to listen to their music and I didn't have to pay for it.  So, you may want to check to see if there will be other receptions going on at the same time and what their music situation will be.  I don't believe we would have been able to hear ours with the one below us going on as well. 

We used the hotel's affiliated photographer from Ocean Photo Studio.  I was a little worried about using them without knowing which photographer we were going to get and seeing their personal work beforehand.  I went with the deluxe photography package for $1,755.  I am still waiting on getting my pictures and video back.  However, in the meantime they sent me some pictures so that I could use them for our home reception.  I'll post them in a separate thread so I don't take over this one. 

Please feel free to ask me anything about our experience.  :)

It sounds perfect!  Im so happy for you guys, congrats! 

Our reception/cocktail hour is going to be on the beach.. curious what your thoughts about the beach were?  Did you have any musical instruments play at your ceremony?  We are having a harpist but my concern is hearing her over the waves.  Did you find it windy or cold? 

Thanks!

Thank you!

I did not have any musical instruments played at the ceremony.  I used the ipod speaker system that the hotel furnished...it is included in the complementary package.  You will pick 3 songs for when the guests are being seated, 1 song for the bridal party, 1 song for the bride, and then 1 song after the kiss.  The music is plenty loud once you are down there on the beach.  While we were waiting for the ceremony to begin, it was a little harder for us girls to hear any music. 

This is at the top of the stairs and where you will begin your walk.  Be prepared to have plenty of spectators before, during, and after the ceremony.  The photographer must have been able to photoshop them out of our pictures...because in reality they were everywhere.  I would assume that the harpist would have a way to ensure that the music played will be heard.  You may want to check with the wedding coordinator to double check.  The minister will have a microphone and will hold it for you when it is your time to speak.  Since our wedding was in August, the weather was definitely not cold.  It was breezy, but hot in the sun.  But, it really wasn't that bad.  The wind didn't seem to be that big of an issue either.  My mom recorded the ceremony with her camera and the wind isn't too bad on her copy either.  I think the cocktail hour on the beach is a neat idea...but just know that it won't be private.  There will be people walking up and down the beach the entire time.  We even had random people come over and sit in the ceremony seats before the wedding, so make sure you have someone watching for that.    

We are looking at a different resort in Cancun for our wedding, but wanted to say that we stayed at this resort last March and it was even better than when I stayed there when it was Cancun Palace :)

Good food, service, and the rooms are very cool from where they renovated everything. Only thing I would not like from a wedding perspective is that they are constantly playing rather loud Rock music by the pool and beach, which is great when you are partying down but not so cool while you are getting married...other than that it is a great resort, and highly recommend it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone... I got married at the Cancun Palace (now Hard Rock Cancun) in May 2012. We are not member of Hard Rock Cancun!!!! The resort was in the middle of construction to become Hard Rock Cancun. Despite the construction I would not change anything for the World. My wedding was absolutely awesome. I am back on this site because we are returning to Hard Rock Cancun in May and my aunt is getting married this time. I am helping her with the plans so if anyone has any new info or advice or would like info from my wedding let me know :)

Congrats to all the Brides to be!!

Hi everybody!

We're so thankful because we finished another beautiful wedding full of love and emotions!

Although it is in spanish we hope you're able to get the really important feelings

that this couple transmit!

We love to work with people so cute and emotive.

Once again we hope you like it!

Have an excellent planning!

Gallardo Films, Mayan Riviera, Mexico

vimeo_logo.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jenn,

I really enjoyed where we did ours on the 3rd floor terrace.  During the day it won't look like much...but at night it is set up beautifully...in my opinion.  It's nice to be able to have an awesome view of the beach and water during the reception.  I was truly happy that we moved it there. 

They already have lights set up for you...I didn't have to pay for those.  However, the reception that was set up below us looked to have had some lights...but then again they had the whole dj/dance floor package.  I would assume just for a regular plain ole' dinner...the lights they have around the hotel are fine.  I did get my photos a couple weeks ago and they were really good.  The album and the book that come with the package are really neat.  I was a little disappointed in the video...I would have liked to have seen more included and the songs were definitely not what I would have picked had I been given the chance.  However, for $145 you can buy the master DVD...which is what I will end up doing so that I can have access to all of the video.  The video itself was pretty good quality though.