Jump to content

Recommended Posts

In the end I ended up inviting everyone, but I have to say that way more people are coming than I thought so my budget has basically doubled... something to keep in mind if you DO decide to invite everyone... people I never thought would come are SUPER excited about going... very strange.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkashmira View Post
In the end I ended up inviting everyone, but I have to say that way more people are coming than I thought so my budget has basically doubled... something to keep in mind if you DO decide to invite everyone... people I never thought would come are SUPER excited about going... very strange.
i tried to warn you that was going to happen...steve and i were worried we wouldn't make our room block...we thought we would have 15-20 people MAX but ended up with over 50.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by host View Post
i tried to warn you that was going to happen...steve and i were worried we wouldn't make our room block...we thought we would have 15-20 people MAX but ended up with over 50.
you totally did!

There's actually a few people who weren't even going to invite (from college and stuff) and one frined told the other two and they got so excited that they called us and were, "we can't wait! It's goign ot be so fun - we're going to make a vacation of it... blah blah blah..." and it'll be fin to have then there but I NEVER would have though thtey would come. And it's not like they're here in LA either and it's a quick flight - they all are in the NE.

So anyway the lesson to learn is unless you are prepared for 100 people up you may not want to invite every person you would invite to a local wedding...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mkay you guys, I just have to say that I have NO IDEA how many people are coming to ours!! YOu guys do, and your wedding is months after mine! WAAAA!

 

My MOH and a friend from college & her husband have made travel plans & lodging reservations & that's it! My own mother hasn't even booked her flight or her room yet. I actually sent an email out to all of our guests the other day explaining that I have to release our room block at the end of December & how I know it seems premature to make reservations, but it isn't really. And oh, by the way, please make sure you have a passport. I had my FI & MOH review it before I sent it to make sure I didn't sound desperate or pushy. I haven't heard back from anyone. WTF??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Christa - Don't worry! I don;t ACTUALLY know how many people are coming! It's totally just a guess and based on what people have told me/my parents/my FI/my FILs. To get my apprx. count I did this;

 

I

m using the Knot''s guestlist manager. I gave everyone who I htink is going to come an "A" and everyone I think it not goign to come a "B" (FYI: This is because I did not do a "B-List" invitee list). And that's how I came up with the number - I can certainly be WAY off but trust me - No one has booked anything! Actually even WE haven't booked anything yet! wink.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Christa - Don't worry! I don;t ACTUALLY know how many people are coming! It's totally just a guess and based on what people have told me/my parents/my FI/my FILs. To get my apprx. count I did this;

 

GIRL - you better get on it....J/K - you still have time

 

We booked our tickets on Frontier and got a pretty good rate of $335 each. We also got some relatives to book already too!

 

when are we going to get together to search for dresseshuh.gif PM me if you are thinking about a date!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by A10CALGAL View Post
Mkay you guys, I just have to say that I have NO IDEA how many people are coming to ours!! YOu guys do, and your wedding is months after mine! WAAAA!

My MOH and a friend from college & her husband have made travel plans & lodging reservations & that's it! My own mother hasn't even booked her flight or her room yet. I actually sent an email out to all of our guests the other day explaining that I have to release our room block at the end of December & how I know it seems premature to make reservations, but it isn't really. And oh, by the way, please make sure you have a passport. I had my FI & MOH review it before I sent it to make sure I didn't sound desperate or pushy. I haven't heard back from anyone. WTF??
If it makes you feel any better Christa, we're in the same boat. Nobody has made reservations yet and nobody will commit to coming. We've just decided that we're not going to stress about it. The scary part is that we could end up with anywhere from like 15 to 50 at this point. We have tons of "maybe" people so I'm just not going to make any plans for anything that involves numbers for a few more months.
I feel your pain girlfriend...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ladies, if it makes you feel better people will not get their butts in gear until the last possible moment...

 

we really didnt know until about 3 months before our wedding who was gonna be there...even then only about 70% of the people that came actually RSVP'd by that time...we had people RSVPing the week of the wedding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Girls, I would be going nutz if I were you. I find it so odd that people wait till the last minute. I have never ever booked a vacation last minute. I cant stand last minute. Heck I dont even like making dinner reservations last minute. What happens if there is no room at the resort when they go to book or no flights left on the day they wanted to arrive? I dont get it.

 

Bad Bad guests! shameonyou.gif fryingpan.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • How to login Hotmail? Today I am going to show you how to login to any Hotmail account on Desktop and Mobile. If you have a Hotmail account but you don’t know how to sign in Hotmail, this post helps you login Hotmail easy way with pictures. If you don’t have Hotmail account, of course, let Sign up Hotmail. And now, Here is how to sign in Hotmail.
       
    • I and my partner are going to get married on August 12th. We met each other through a lesbian dating website. Both of us want that day to be a memorable day. We are in confused on which dress to wear for the wedding ceremony. Any suggestion on lesbian wedding dress? I prefer white, whereas my partner prefers of-white. Which one do you think will look good? Should we go for same dress or different one? Share your thoughts.
    • Choose the flower that is matching with the bride and gown dress.
    • Hotmail gmail login: How to change your gmail password and how to delete your Gmail account? GMAIL is the most popular emailing service, with almost had a billion people worldwide logging on every day to check their emails. Google has recently added a number of new updates to make it easier to secure your Gmail, as well as safely deleting your email account. How do you change your password or delete your hotmail account?
    • Việc tìm kiếm một phòng khám bệnh trĩ uy tín sẽ giúp người bệnh giảm bớt được cơn ác mộng đối với căn bệnh này. Bài viết dưới đây sẽ cung cấp giúp các bạn một số những thông tin về phòng khám bệnh trĩ Thái Hà http://benhtrithaiha.com
  • Topics

×