Photo

Post Wedding entertainment-Who pays?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 laurissa37

laurissa37
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:57 PM

Hi there going to Playa del Carmen, Grand Riviera Princess.When we were there last spring we went to Coco Bongo (club/show).A wedding party was there.We thought that was awesome and are doing it as well instead of traditional dance after dinner.Its about $100/pp for the full deal there is grp discount but not sure how much yet.Whats the rules with this? We pay?Pay 50% or have guests pay? Please advise thanks

#2 agm04

agm04
    • 548 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:01 PM

I think you can do whatever works for you.  I'd say traditionally you would pay, but if that's not an option and it's something you really want to do, explore your options!

#3 AllieH

AllieH
      • Resort/Area Ambassadors
      • 2,014 posts
      • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
      • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
      • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:14 PM

Personally I would be offended if I paid/traveled to Mexico for a destination wedding, and then was asked to pay $100pp to go to a club/show as the reception. I wouldn't ask an invited guest to pay for their dinner at the reception, and I really don't view this differently.

Just my opinion...

Quote:

Originally Posted by laurissa37 

Hi there going to Playa del Carmen, Grand Riviera Princess.When we were there last spring we went to Coco Bongo (club/show).A wedding party was there.We thought that was awesome and are doing it as well instead of traditional dance after dinner.Its about $100/pp for the full deal there is grp discount but not sure how much yet.Whats the rules with this? We pay?Pay 50% or have guests pay? Please advise thanks

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#4 JessiTaylor

JessiTaylor
      • 296 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by laurissa37 

Preferably the couple would pay but if its optional and not your 'main reception' then I think the guests can pay. So you have the ceremony, dinner or whatever with the first dances etc, and then whoever wants to go on can go on. Especially since coco bongo might not be for everyone!

#5 Kyliewylie

Kyliewylie
        • 153 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 1, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Now Amber
        • LocationPuerto Vallarta

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:21 PM

if it's a party after your reception, guests should have no problem shelling out for that part since you paid for the whole reception

#6 ChristienEarnest

ChristienEarnest
        • 183 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:43 AM

Your guests may have mixed views since the reception is usually apart of the wedding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users