Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
La-am

Please help me! Cost of wedding?

Recommended Posts

Hello!   I am trying to plan my destination wedding but do not know where to start! I have been reading thread upon thread and bog up blog to find out how much a DW might cost. I have gathered between 10,000 to 20,000 is sufficient which is exactly what my wedding budget is. However, as I am calling travel companies and looking at resort websites I am getting numbers like 800 PER PERSON for just the reception alone (just food and alcohol!). Please please help me! Is my budget of 10 to 20 thousand reasonable for bounty 50 guests? Do I plan through a company or the resort? My dream is to have a beach wedding which is perfect since I cannot afford one where I reside!   Thank you so much to anyone who will help and give any info.   Sincerely,   Desperate bride-to-be

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, congrats and welcome!!

 

What country are you looking into getting married at?  If you go the route of an all-inclusive resort rather than a boutique resort everything will be much cheaper.

 

I recently got married on 11.23.2012 at Sun Palace (Palace Resorts) in Cancun, Mexico and it was the best and most perfect wedding ever!! We had 39 people make the journey with us and we did not spend more than $7000 on our whole wedding and our trip (flight and hotel included).  Palace resorts has awesome perks if you book enough room nights through your room block.  I did not pay a dime for my reception- it was ALL free!! 

 

You need to contact a travel agent that specializes in destination weddings to help you narrow down your choices and go from there.  I would recommend working with a travel agent vs booking directly through the resort!

 

Let me know if I can answer any of your questions!

 

Good luck!

Originally Posted by La-am View Post

Hello!   I am trying to plan my destination wedding but do not know where to start! I have been reading thread upon thread and bog up blog to find out how much a DW might cost. I have gathered between 10,000 to 20,000 is sufficient which is exactly what my wedding budget is. However, as I am calling travel companies and looking at resort websites I am getting numbers like 800 PER PERSON for just the reception alone (just food and alcohol!). Please please help me! Is my budget of 10 to 20 thousand reasonable for bounty 50 guests? Do I plan through a company or the resort? My dream is to have a beach wedding which is perfect since I cannot afford one where I reside!   Thank you so much to anyone who will help and give any info.   Sincerely,   Desperate bride-to-be

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sorry...did that say $800 per person for the reception?? That can't be right! Lol! Definitely look into all inclusives! That what we're doing and my budget is the same as yours for the destination wedding and at home reception for about the same number of people! Plus with all inclusives nobody has the stress of not being able to join everyone for a meal if they can't afford it! Everyone's on the same playing field ;) Good luck and these boards will help you through everything!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Billandstina View Post

 

I'm sorry...did that say $800 per person for the reception?? That can't be right! Lol! Definitely look into all inclusives! That what we're doing and my budget is the same as yours for the destination wedding and at home reception for about the same number of people! Plus with all inclusives nobody has the stress of not being able to join everyone for a meal if they can't afford it! Everyone's on the same playing field wink.gif Good luck and these boards will help you through everything!!

RIGHT?! Blue Bay Grand Esmerelda says 780pp on their website. Maybe they are quoting the cost of  room stay as well, but when you book your all inclusive package it already includes rooms. I am so confused...and lost. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by shan0487 View Post

 

Hello, congrats and welcome!!

 

What country are you looking into getting married at?  If you go the route of an all-inclusive resort rather than a boutique resort everything will be much cheaper.

 

I recently got married on 11.23.2012 at Sun Palace (Palace Resorts) in Cancun, Mexico and it was the best and most perfect wedding ever!! We had 39 people make the journey with us and we did not spend more than $7000 on our whole wedding and our trip (flight and hotel included).  Palace resorts has awesome perks if you book enough room nights through your room block.  I did not pay a dime for my reception- it was ALL free!! 

 

You need to contact a travel agent that specializes in destination weddings to help you narrow down your choices and go from there.  I would recommend working with a travel agent vs booking directly through the resort!

 

Let me know if I can answer any of your questions!

 

Good luck!

Thanks so much for your response! Very helpful!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by La-am View Post

 

RIGHT?! Blue Bay Grand Esmerelda says 780pp on their website. Maybe they are quoting the cost of  room stay as well, but when you book your all inclusive package it already includes rooms. I am so confused...and lost. 

I'm not sure where you saw this figure of $780pp, but I'm thikning that is maybe rooms for the week or something. When I went to the Weddings page on their site it has packages listed. I went under the Caribbean Dream pkg (which looks like it their most expensive one at $1800) and the price per person over 20 guests is $18. Here's the link for you:

 

http://bluebayresorts.com/index.php?accion=bodas&subAccion=getInfo&packId=22&idHot=1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh wait... I think I see what your talking about! Is is the VIP private party that your looking at?? Cause it is listed in Pesos, so its actually about $78/pp cheesy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by lgerry View Post

 

Oh wait... I think I see what your talking about! Is is the VIP private party that your looking at?? Cause it is listed in Pesos, so its actually about $78/pp cheesy.gif

Oh my goodness! LOL I'm so embarassed! I didn't even think to check what mxn meant, I just went straight into panic mode! Thank you so much for looking into that and helping! Thank you thank you thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by lgerry View Post

 

I'm not sure where you saw this figure of $780pp, but I'm thikning that is maybe rooms for the week or something. When I went to the Weddings page on their site it has packages listed. I went under the Caribbean Dream pkg (which looks like it their most expensive one at $1800) and the price per person over 20 guests is $18. Here's the link for you:

 

http://bluebayresorts.com/index.php?accion=bodas&subAccion=getInfo&packId=22&idHot=1

Thank you for your help! I had a dumb dumb moment and someone pointed out its listed in pesos on the website DUH! So it actually converts to about 62pp for the private party. Thanks for looking into that for me and sending the link! I really really appreciate it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • I am! But I just signed the contract last night so likely won't be of any assistance yet regarding planning.  Responding so I can follow the thread :)
    • I would like both my son's to walk me down the aisle and my dad. please give me any ideas to include all 3 of them. I'm open to any ideas please
    • Hello, I am getting married after 2 months. I and my fiancee were searching for a beautiful spot for our pre-wedding photoshoot. And finally, we have selected Algonquin Park. We have decided to do some adventurous activities there. In the video, we would like to show our moments of trying adventures together. Especially, hiking and canoeing. It would be really fun. We have found a suitable trail for hiking in Algonquin Park. Had anyone tried hiking there? What would be the estimated amount for it? Please do share it here. Thanks!
    • Anybody getting married at the fives beach hotel in playa del carmen in 2020? I'd like to connect with others as we are experiencing some issues and misinformation with the karisma transition. Hoping we can all help each other!
    • Pronovias Pria Wedding Dress. Sweetheart neckline with beautiful soft lace detailing throughout. Low lace back with button detailing. This dress falls beautifully on your silhouette and is so comfortable to wear. Bought a size 16 for my big hips, but tailored it to fit more like a 12-14 (in street clothes I'm a size 10). If you're looking for a destination wedding dress that won't make you sweat all night, this one is for you! I absolutely loved this dress and will miss never wearing it again.  Alterations: Ribbon empire bow on belt at waist was removed and replaced with a sparkly applique. Train was removed. More pictures are available. Paid $1400 Cdn, asking for $500 - it's in good shape (looks like new with no markings!) and has already been professionally cleaned. 
  • Topics

×
×
  • Create New...