Iberostar Grand Rose Hall Weddings 2014

I have not gotten far enough but to receive the package details. I am sort of confused on some things. My travel agent is working on getting me the rates and packages for October 2014. Does the resort give any incentives for booking a certain amount of rooms? I haven't seen anything about that yet...and am really hoping she can get me something like this. Did you guys book a block of rooms? How far in advance did you do this, and what is the cut off on how soon they have to have a deposit down? I really want to have all of my guests staying closer together but would like to let them have time to save for the trip as well. 

With the food options - I am hoping to stick with 30-35 guests....so we will be paying a little extra than what the packages include. I am trying to figure out how to do the dinner, as there will be one person there with a gluten allergy, as well as my fiancees father is EXTREMELY picky when it comes to food. That makes me really nervous to have to choose from the 2-3 types of food they sent me on the menus. Does anyone know what the buffet entails? I'm thinking that may be the easier route to go. Also....is it worth it to pay for a bonfire and dj for a "reception" when all of the guests will have all-inclusive packages and be able to drink on those? I'm really constricted on which decisions to make! 

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jennkn87! Congratulations! As far as the Grand, I had a friend that was in a wedding there last year and she said it was AMAZING! So I think we are in good shape:) I also did plenty of research on the resort itself and found terrific reviews. Honestly, it was hard to find anything bad about the Grand. I know it is confusing with all the extras that come along with the ceremony and reception planning. I recommend if you have any questions just call or email the WC. They have been terrific in getting back to me. I know some reviews have commented on how they have been disconnected from the WC, but I have been very pleased with the attention and help that they have provided me. I have been working with Jannelle and Loreto. Sometimes it might take a few days/weeks but they always get back with me and have all of my answers covered. I also call too if I am looking for a quicker response! As far as the Grand, I had a friend that was in a wedding there last year and she said it was AMAZING! So I think we are in good shape:) I am having a cocktail hour followed by bonfire/Jamaican bbq on the beach the night before as a rehearsal dinner. We will be having 75+ guests so all of our events are going to be private beach events. For the ceremony, we will be doing a bamboo structure and dance floor with tables set up around the beach. I don't know my final bill for that but right now I have confirmed $3,500 for dance floor set up and I think there is an additional $3,000 for the private dinner which doesn't include some of the extras like cocktail hour, extra attendees and extra hour of reception. I still need DJ, Flowers. You have plenty of time so don't stress and ENJOY the planning process!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meganphillips View Post

Hi Jennkn87! Congratulations! As far as the Grand, I had a friend that was in a wedding there last year and she said it was AMAZING! So I think we are in good shape:) I also did plenty of research on the resort itself and found terrific reviews. Honestly, it was hard to find anything bad about the Grand. I know it is confusing with all the extras that come along with the ceremony and reception planning. I recommend if you have any questions just call or email the WC. They have been terrific in getting back to me. I know some reviews have commented on how they have been disconnected from the WC, but I have been very pleased with the attention and help that they have provided me. I have been working with Jannelle and Loreto. Sometimes it might take a few days/weeks but they always get back with me and have all of my answers covered. I also call too if I am looking for a quicker response! As far as the Grand, I had a friend that was in a wedding there last year and she said it was AMAZING! So I think we are in good shape:) I am having a cocktail hour followed by bonfire/Jamaican bbq on the beach the night before as a rehearsal dinner. We will be having 75+ guests so all of our events are going to be private beach events. For the ceremony, we will be doing a bamboo structure and dance floor with tables set up around the beach. I don't know my final bill for that but right now I have confirmed $3,500 for dance floor set up and I think there is an additional $3,000 for the private dinner which doesn't include some of the extras like cocktail hour, extra attendees and extra hour of reception. I still need DJ, Flowers. You have plenty of time so don't stress and ENJOY the planning process!

I'm really glad to hear you have close acquaintances that have been to weddings here and thought they were amazing. I, too, was unable to find anything negative about the resort and it's wedding coordinators. I am still waiting for pricing from my TA. I'm soo nervous that it will not pan out how I am wanting it to price wise. Guess we shall see! I am still debating on my reception/rehearsal parties. I am really trying to keep the pricing down, I also don't know exactly what my budget is yet! Hopefully I can make it all work! I don't need anything to be SUPER fancy, I have to save some money for the at home reception when we return. Keep me updated on what you decide on flowers and DJ. I am only having 30ish people so I am not going to pay for the extra hour. I feel like the resort is already getting double the money since my guests will be paying for the all-inclusive and we will also be paying for drinks/food that they could (not all together and exclusively, I know) be getting anyways. I haven't figured out the best way to go about all of it and how to spend my money. Hopefully that all falls together soon as well! Thanks again for the insight! Your ceremony is May 25, correct? Thats my dads birthday! :-) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stmarriage View Post

Hello, I am a little further with planning. I may be able to answer some questions.

I would love to hear ANY insight, planning details, package details, ANYTHING! I'm still in the early stages. Haven't received room pricing yet from my TA, but I have the package details from the wedding coordinator. I'm hoping, hoping, hoping we can make it all work out the way I'm hoping!! Look forward to hearing from you! When is your ceremony date? 

I would love to hear ANY insight, planning details, package details, ANYTHING! I'm still in the early stages. Haven't received room pricing yet from my TA, but I have the package details from the wedding coordinator. I'm hoping, hoping, hoping we can make it all work out the way I'm hoping!! Look forward to hearing from you! When is your ceremony date? 
My wedding is on the May 31st. I will have about 50 guests. 99% of them are staying at the suites hotel. I wanted to make things affordable as much as possible. I originally was signed up with destination weddings.com but later decided that they would be too stressful with the contracts and deadlines. Just as I was to make a decision, I found a travel agent here in NY that allows payments for both hotel and air (I'd be happy to share her info, if anyone is interested). We were able to get group rates thru delta airlines and she was able to block out rooms for my group. She has been WONDERFUL!!! No contracts..no minimums..no real deadlines. I was also able to negotiate the same incentives that destination weddings offered. My FI and I were even bumped up to first class for free! The downside of having everyone stay at the suites is I have to pay a day pass fee for them to come over for my wedding and reception. I was able to negotiate 20pp with the resort. I am having a beach ceremony at 430-500pm and reception at Port Maria from 7-10. I want to be able to take pics after the ceremony before the sunsets also. I decided against paying the extras money for a cocktail hour because everyone will be coming over from an all inclusive resort to a 45 minute ceremony...Hopefully they will not come starved (I will let them know, there is no cocktail hour). I opted for the buffet which has a huge menu!! I chose merrick Cousley for photography. I have seen his work and loved them. He is also less expensive than the others that comes highly recommended. I chose Kevan Stewart for my DJ. He is the number one DJ for those that has married at Iberostar. I've only heard great things about him. I heard the hotels videographer isn't bad. I chose him because the other highly recommended videographer (roxroy) is a pretty penny. He delivers a cinema like video. He takes your day and turns it into a 6min video. His work is phenomenal but I didn't want to miss anything from the day so I chose to get the traditional video. I chose real touch flowers by angels accents.com. I LOVE there work. I wasn't too impressed by the resorts recommended florist. I chose Loni Jones for makeup. I haven't seen to many Iberostar brides use her but she is on the next level. Her page shows that she has worked on the set of Americas top model. She is definitely more expensive than Rachel Edwards (the other highly recommended makeup artist) but I decided on her because of her creativity. I am going to go with the resort for hair. I've heard great reviews about them for hair. I've seen pics of the resorts custom cakes and they look just fine. I heard that the cheesecake is to die for. I'm ordering a custom cake, 1/2 red velvet and 1/2 cheesecake for an additional 250.00. I've ordered all of my decorations already mostly thru amazon. The hotel has basic deco but if want anything with a specific color or theme you have to bring it yourself. Some brides has been lucky enough to use deco that was left by past brides. I have purchased sashes, runners, vases to create my own centerpieces (using the bridesmaids bouquets), shells to scatter on the tables, votives, and I also purchased my own aisle runner (I've heard that some brides have said there's was dirty or torn..although that was at the Beach resort). I've also booked a thank you gift for my guests. I booked an excursion to Negril for the day after the ceremony with Jamaica tours. I Don't remember exactly how much that was pp but if you're interested I'll look into my emails. Oh I am also having a welcome "all white party" the evening before the wedding which just involves booking one of the restaurants (at the suites, if it's available) for my guests as a meet and greet. I am also creating welcome bags for everyone. Sorry if I'm all over the place with this message. Any questions..feel free to ask!! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stmarriage View Post

My wedding is on the May 31st. I will have about 50 guests. 99% of them are staying at the suites hotel. I wanted to make things affordable as much as possible. I originally was signed up with destination weddings.com but later decided that they would be too stressful with the contracts and deadlines. Just as I was to make a decision, I found a travel agent here in NY that allows payments for both hotel and air (I'd be happy to share her info, if anyone is interested). We were able to get group rates thru delta airlines and she was able to block out rooms for my group. She has been WONDERFUL!!! No contracts..no minimums..no real deadlines. I was also able to negotiate the same incentives that destination weddings offered. My FI and I were even bumped up to first class for free! The downside of having everyone stay at the suites is I have to pay a day pass fee for them to come over for my wedding and reception. I was able to negotiate 20pp with the resort. I am having a beach ceremony at 430-500pm and reception at Port Maria from 7-10. I want to be able to take pics after the ceremony before the sunsets also. I decided against paying the extras money for a cocktail hour because everyone will be coming over from an all inclusive resort to a 45 minute ceremony...Hopefully they will not come starved (I will let them know, there is no cocktail hour). I opted for the buffet which has a huge menu!! I chose merrick Cousley for photography. I have seen his work and loved them. He is also less expensive than the others that comes highly recommended. I chose Kevan Stewart for my DJ. He is the number one DJ for those that has married at Iberostar. I've only heard great things about him. I heard the hotels videographer isn't bad. I chose him because the other highly recommended videographer (roxroy) is a pretty penny. He delivers a cinema like video. He takes your day and turns it into a 6min video. His work is phenomenal but I didn't want to miss anything from the day so I chose to get the traditional video. I chose real touch flowers by angels accents.com. I LOVE there work. I wasn't too impressed by the resorts recommended florist. I chose Loni Jones for makeup. I haven't seen to many Iberostar brides use her but she is on the next level. Her page shows that she has worked on the set of Americas top model. She is definitely more expensive than Rachel Edwards (the other highly recommended makeup artist) but I decided on her because of her creativity. I am going to go with the resort for hair. I've heard great reviews about them for hair. I've seen pics of the resorts custom cakes and they look just fine. I heard that the cheesecake is to die for. I'm ordering a custom cake, 1/2 red velvet and 1/2 cheesecake for an additional 250.00.
I've ordered all of my decorations already mostly thru amazon. The hotel has basic deco but if want anything with a specific color or theme you have to bring it yourself. Some brides has been lucky enough to use deco that was left by past brides. I have purchased sashes, runners, vases to create my own centerpieces (using the bridesmaids bouquets), shells to scatter on the tables, votives, and I also purchased my own aisle runner (I've heard that some brides have said there's was dirty or torn..although that was at the Beach resort). I've also booked a thank you gift for my guests. I booked an excursion to Negril for the day after the ceremony with Jamaica tours. I Don't remember exactly how much that was pp but if you're interested I'll look into my emails. Oh I am also having a welcome "all white party" the evening before the wedding which just involves booking one of the restaurants (at the suites, if it's available) for my guests as a meet and greet. I am also creating welcome bags for everyone. Sorry if I'm all over the place with this message. Any questions..feel free to ask!! :)

WOW! Lots of information! You've gotten lots done so far! I envy you!! 

Questions: 

Is the resort making you pay the extra fee of one nights stay per each outside vendor you are having? 

For your welcome party....did it cost your to book for a large group at the suites? 

How many extra bags do you plan to take for your extra decor? 

I really don't want to pay the extra 3,000 for the port maria, is the food choices THAT much better than the regular included receptions at the restaurants? Do you know what kind of a buffet you could have on the beach? I've read about some brides doing that. I would rather pay the extra money for a party after since we can already eat at any of the restaurants.

*Your cake of half red-velvet, half cheesecake sounds AMAZING! *

How much does the DJ cost if I did decide to have a bonfire on the beach?

Are the prices a lot different for the guests to stay at the suites? I am planning on letting them have that as an option because my finance's parents will spending a big chunk of money on helping his sisters and brother pay for their stay as well, but I don't want to have to pay for my whole party to come to our resort for the wedding. :wacko:   i think most of the other guests would rather stay at an adults only resort, thought, I'm guessing. 

I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do about flowers, kind of just thinking I will use what the resort includes, then maybe make some of my own to take down. Not fresh, but also LOTS cheaper. then I can bring them back and use them again at my reception. Can't take the fresh flowers back with you...I guess I'd rather pay for the photographer and have something I can return with than pay for the flowers I won't be able to keep, per-say! 

Do most TA's get flight discounts for you as well? My FI and I will be going down, I'm guessing, 2-3 days before most of the other guests, do you all have to fly together for the discounts? Did she get better rates for you than DW.com? I've been debating on if I would like to check rates with other agents just to make sure I'm getting the best rates with Virgilia at Wright. 

I'm sure I will come up with more questions for you! Thanks so much for all your information and help! 

My wedding is on the May 31st. I will have about 50 guests. 99% of them are staying at the suites hotel. I wanted to make things affordable as much as possible. I originally was signed up with destination weddings.com but later decided that they would be too stressful with the contracts and deadlines. Just as I was to make a decision, I found a travel agent here in NY that allows payments for both hotel and air (I'd be happy to share her info, if anyone is interested). We were able to get group rates thru delta airlines and she was able to block out rooms for my group. She has been WONDERFUL!!! No contracts..no minimums..no real deadlines. I was also able to negotiate the same incentives that destination weddings offered. My FI and I were even bumped up to first class for free! The downside of having everyone stay at the suites is I have to pay a day pass fee for them to come over for my wedding and reception. I was able to negotiate 20pp with the resort. I am having a beach ceremony at 430-500pm and reception at Port Maria from 7-10. I want to be able to take pics after the ceremony before the sunsets also. I decided against paying the extras money for a cocktail hour because everyone will be coming over from an all inclusive resort to a 45 minute ceremony...Hopefully they will not come starved (I will let them know, there is no cocktail hour). I opted for the buffet which has a huge menu!! I chose merrick Cousley for photography. I have seen his work and loved them. He is also less expensive than the others that comes highly recommended. I chose Kevan Stewart for my DJ. He is the number one DJ for those that has married at Iberostar. I've only heard great things about him. I heard the hotels videographer isn't bad. I chose him because the other highly recommended videographer (roxroy) is a pretty penny. He delivers a cinema like video. He takes your day and turns it into a 6min video. His work is phenomenal but I didn't want to miss anything from the day so I chose to get the traditional video. I chose real touch flowers by angels accents.com. I LOVE there work. I wasn't too impressed by the resorts recommended florist. I chose Loni Jones for makeup. I haven't seen to many Iberostar brides use her but she is on the next level. Her page shows that she has worked on the set of Americas top model. She is definitely more expensive than Rachel Edwards (the other highly recommended makeup artist) but I decided on her because of her creativity. I am going to go with the resort for hair. I've heard great reviews about them for hair. I've seen pics of the resorts custom cakes and they look just fine. I heard that the cheesecake is to die for. I'm ordering a custom cake, 1/2 red velvet and 1/2 cheesecake for an additional 250.00. I've ordered all of my decorations already mostly thru amazon. The hotel has basic deco but if want anything with a specific color or theme you have to bring it yourself. Some brides has been lucky enough to use deco that was left by past brides. I have purchased sashes, runners, vases to create my own centerpieces (using the bridesmaids bouquets), shells to scatter on the tables, votives, and I also purchased my own aisle runner (I've heard that some brides have said there's was dirty or torn..although that was at the Beach resort). I've also booked a thank you gift for my guests. I booked an excursion to Negril for the day after the ceremony with Jamaica tours. I Don't remember exactly how much that was pp but if you're interested I'll look into my emails. Oh I am also having a welcome "all white party" the evening before the wedding which just involves booking one of the restaurants (at the suites, if it's available) for my guests as a meet and greet. I am also creating welcome bags for everyone. Sorry if I'm all over the place with this message. Any questions..feel free to ask!! :)
Thank you for the information. I've decided to not use DW.com as well. Do you have to pay for a the photographer to stay on-site for the night?

Wow! Thanks for all the fabulous information!! You have definitely done a lot of planning!! When is your wedding?

WOW! Lots of information! You've gotten lots done so far! I envy you!!  Questions:  Is the resort making you pay the extra fee of one nights stay per each outside vendor you are having?  For your welcome party....did it cost your to book for a large group at the suites?  How many extra bags do you plan to take for your extra decor?  I really don't want to pay the extra 3,000 for the port maria, is the food choices THAT much better than the regular included receptions at the restaurants? Do you know what kind of a buffet you could have on the beach? I've read about some brides doing that. I would rather pay the extra money for a party after since we can already eat at any of the restaurants. *Your cake of half red-velvet, half cheesecake sounds AMAZING! * How much does the DJ cost if I did decide to have a bonfire on the beach? Are the prices a lot different for the guests to stay at the suites? I am planning on letting them have that as an option because my finance's parents will spending a big chunk of money on helping his sisters and brother pay for their stay as well, but I don't want to have to pay for my whole party to come to our resort for the wedding. :wacko:    i think most of the other guests would rather stay at an adults only resort, thought, I'm guessing.  I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do about flowers, kind of just thinking I will use what the resort includes, then maybe make some of my own to take down. Not fresh, but also LOTS cheaper. then I can bring them back and use them again at my reception. Can't take the fresh flowers back with you...I guess I'd rather pay for the photographer and have something I can return with than pay for the flowers I won't be able to keep, per-say!  Do most TA's get flight discounts for you as well? My FI and I will be going down, I'm guessing, 2-3 days before most of the other guests, do you all have to fly together for the discounts? Did she get better rates for you than DW.com? I've been debating on if I would like to check rates with other agents just to make sure I'm getting the best rates with Virgilia at Wright.  I'm sure I will come up with more questions for you! Thanks so much for all your information and help! 
WOW! Lots of information! You've gotten lots done so far! I envy you!!  Questions:  Is the resort making you pay the extra fee of one nights stay per each outside vendor you are having?  For your welcome party....did it cost your to book for a large group at the suites?  How many extra bags do you plan to take for your extra decor?  I really don't want to pay the extra 3,000 for the port maria, is the food choices THAT much better than the regular included receptions at the restaurants? Do you know what kind of a buffet you could have on the beach? I've read about some brides doing that. I would rather pay the extra money for a party after since we can already eat at any of the restaurants. *Your cake of half red-velvet, half cheesecake sounds AMAZING! * How much does the DJ cost if I did decide to have a bonfire on the beach? Are the prices a lot different for the guests to stay at the suites? I am planning on letting them have that as an option because my finance's parents will spending a big chunk of money on helping his sisters and brother pay for their stay as well, but I don't want to have to pay for my whole party to come to our resort for the wedding. :wacko:    i think most of the other guests would rather stay at an adults only resort, thought, I'm guessing.  I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do about flowers, kind of just thinking I will use what the resort includes, then maybe make some of my own to take down. Not fresh, but also LOTS cheaper. then I can bring them back and use them again at my reception. Can't take the fresh flowers back with you...I guess I'd rather pay for the photographer and have something I can return with than pay for the flowers I won't be able to keep, per-say!  Do most TA's get flight discounts for you as well? My FI and I will be going down, I'm guessing, 2-3 days before most of the other guests, do you all have to fly together for the discounts? Did she get better rates for you than DW.com? I've been debating on if I would like to check rates with other agents just to make sure I'm getting the best rates with Virgilia at Wright.  I'm sure I will come up with more questions for you! Thanks so much for all your information and help! 
You're very welcome! I couldn't imagine planning without help. I started planning in June. I only have to pay a one night stay for the photographer. The others were vendor fees of at least 100.00. I don't carry my book around everyday so I don't have exact numbers right now. The vendor fees adds up quickly! It seems ridiculous! Since I'm having the welcome party at the resort where most will be staying, its as simple as making reservations for the restaurant. The coordinators says it will not be a problem unless the bride at the suites reserves it for her group. To have them come over to the grand will incur a fee for each guest. I'm estimating that I will need 2 additional suitcases for decoration. I've heard of brides traveling with as many as 7 suitcases. LOL You MUST have a private reception with 30+ guests. There will be no way to get around the extra 3,000. The same menus (which are 3 choices) are used for a beach party. You can choose between buffet and plated food options. If you want you can send me your email and I will send them to you tomorrow. If I'm not mistaken the DJ is 300.00 for the 1st hour and 150.00 every hour thereafter again I can confirm that tomorrow for you as well. The difference in pricing for the suites and grand was 48.00 per night for standard 58.00 per night for ocean view and 71.00 for oceanfront based on a 3 night stay. I totally agree that you should invest in the things that matters the most to you. I wanted to rent the chiavari chairs..tai flora rents them for 9.00 per chair. Covermeuptent rents them for 8.00. As bad as I want them I just can't imagine paying that much. I know a local bride that rented those same chairs for 2.50 per chair!!! So I'm gonna do away with them...for now anyway. :) No you do not have to all fly together. I have a package for a 3/4/5 night stay for my guests. The resort highly suggest that the bride and groom arrives at least 3 days before the ceremony. Most agents requires full payment for airline at time of booking, with payment arrangements just for hotel. It's easier for people to make payments on both. My TA prices were slightly better. The determining factor was the no contract and deadline incentive along with the payment arrangements. You should definitely check other agents. I'm so happy that I did! The less stress for me and my guests...the better!!! I hope I was able to answer all of your questions! Happy Planning!