Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
agm04

My nautilus shell flower girl basket (DIY)

Recommended Posts

Originally Posted by agm04 View Post

 

oh how annoying! i totally know what you mean - some days i don't even know my own name.  haha.  mine is between 6 and 7 inches and the opening is 4"x3.75", so plenty big for a little girl to get her hands in to grab some petals.  i can easily get my fingers in there - i was actually pleasantly surprised by the size, i think it's perfect.  if you had a really long aisle it might not hold enough petals but i think it's great!  good luck.  also, i think she sells on etsy with the same seller name.

 

here's the one i bought http://www.ebay.com/itm/WHITE-PEARLIZED-CHAMBERED-NAUTILUS-SEA-SHELL-DECOR-6-7-7087-/160938357291?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2578ac722b#ht_2529wt_932 and she also has a 5-6 in one here http://www.ebay.com/itm/WHITE-PEARLIZED-CHAMBERED-NAUTILUS-SEA-SHELL-DECOR-5-6-7086-/160954762314?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2579a6c44a#ht_2529wt_932

 

and here on etsy!  http://www.etsy.com/listing/118211828/white-pearl-pearlized-chambered-nautilus?

thank you so much!! i will post mine once i get it and complete the project :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Vaughn James View Post

 

Wow thatâ€s really cool you do such a great job well congratulation for your great work. This look cute I love this basket.

thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My shell (2nd attempt at the right size) came in the mail yesterday and I want to get the ribbon on today/tonight so pics coming soon!! I'm just so glad this second shell is big enough and exactly what I was looking for. It's so beautiful. My FI said "wow... is it real??" haha I said "Yes!!" and then I was like "....I'm pretty sure..." lol. It's just so smooth and pretty. I didn't go for the pearl colored one though. I got the one with browns in it. Anyway... ya'll will see when I post the pic :) Happy planning!! What else are you girls working on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by MK0386 View Post

 

My shell (2nd attempt at the right size) came in the mail yesterday and I want to get the ribbon on today/tonight so pics coming soon!! I'm just so glad this second shell is big enough and exactly what I was looking for. It's so beautiful. My FI said "wow... is it real??" haha I said "Yes!!" and then I was like "....I'm pretty sure..." lol. It's just so smooth and pretty. I didn't go for the pearl colored one though. I got the one with browns in it. Anyway... ya'll will see when I post the pic :) Happy planning!! What else are you girls working on?

Fun!  Yeah the shells really are SO pretty.  They are real!

 

I just got some scallop shells in the mail (also an ebay find) yesterday that I'll be turning into our ring bearer "pillows" tonight.  I'll post a pic when I'm done!  I've also been working on escort cards, luggage tags, pretravel brochures, and need to finish barefoot jewelry for my sis and niece.  Home stretch, kind of!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by agm04 View Post

 

Fun!  Yeah the shells really are SO pretty.  They are real!

 

I just got some scallop shells in the mail (also an ebay find) yesterday that I'll be turning into our ring bearer "pillows" tonight.  I'll post a pic when I'm done!  I've also been working on escort cards, luggage tags, pretravel brochures, and need to finish barefoot jewelry for my sis and niece.  Home stretch, kind of!

ooh i cant wait to see your ring bearer pillow. Yes... it is the home stretch! Looks like our weddings are just about a week apart! I have been working on the same things lol. I just finished barefoot jewelry for my bridesmaids and niece as well! How funny. For my ring bearer (our son) I made a wooden sign that says "Daddy Here Comes Your Bride!" It's so cute. I've been letting him "practice" lol but he is only 18 months. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by MK0386 View Post

 

ooh i cant wait to see your ring bearer pillow. Yes... it is the home stretch! Looks like our weddings are just about a week apart! I have been working on the same things lol. I just finished barefoot jewelry for my bridesmaids and niece as well! How funny. For my ring bearer (our son) I made a wooden sign that says "Daddy Here Comes Your Bride!" It's so cute. I've been letting him "practice" lol but he is only 18 months. 

How cute!!  I'm starting to get pretty excited.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK here are our ring bearer "pillows" (we have 2 ring bearers).  Not perfect but VERY easy and definitely serves the purpose!  I'll probably play with ways to tie the ribbon, not sure I love it like it is in the picture.

 

700

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • we ended up using Facebook messenger when we were in Mexico - the hotel had free wifi and at least 1 person from each family/couple had FB on their phone already - it was pretty easy to communicate among guests "hey, we're heading to the beach bbq for lunch." or "everyone is hanging at the small pool today".  a plus was that some people tried to get a hold of me via FB on the day of the wedding and I was totally not checking my phone - they were asking if the wedding was outside given the rain forecast, thankful my mom, MOH and a few other friends were on the group and could respond for me :) 
    • Are you looking for a guide where you’ll find many tips and steps to follow to make your wedding a success? We design a special for you, where you will find: Photography Tips To-Do List Check list How to choose the best dress? Memories and invitations And much more! Download it now for free from: http://emweddings.com/WeddingGuide/index.html     Don’t stress. Enjoy every moment, tomorrow will be your best memories. See you soon!
    • Another option is to find an app that allows for group talk. This Wedding Party App looks pretty neat. https://apracticalwedding.com/wedding-party-app/ 
    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
  • Topics

×