Photo

My nautilus shell flower girl basket (DIY)

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 agm04

agm04
  • 548 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:46 AM

Ordered the shell from seller mygann on ebay ($30 including shipping) and just hot glued the ribbon on.  Similar ones sell for $70 with shipping on etsy so I'm pretty happy!

#2 MK0386

MK0386
    • 199 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:49 PM

I'm making one very similar to this! I just bought the shell on etsy over the weekend. I'll post a pic when I make the "basket"

#3 MK0386

MK0386
      • 199 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

Yours came out great btw!!

#4 agm04

agm04
        • 548 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:53 AM

Thanks!  Can't wait to see yours.  :)  I'm a little worried about getting it there unscathed but I'll just bubble wrap it really well and cross my fingers.

#5 MK0386

MK0386
          • 199 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:52 PM

Thanks!  Can't wait to see yours.  :)  I'm a little worried about getting it there unscathed but I'll just bubble wrap it really well and cross my fingers.

My shell came in the mail yesterday and I forgot I ordered a cinch shell instead. Lol I have so many wedding plans running though my head I can't even remember what I'm doing. Anyway- I'm so bummed bc even though it said it measured 6 inches (which it does at its absolute longest point) it's way to tiny to use in the way I had imagined. ....back to the drawing board I guess. Maybe I'll look at the seller you used on eBay. How big is your shell?

#6 agm04

agm04
            • 548 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by MK0386 

My shell came in the mail yesterday and I forgot I ordered a cinch shell instead. Lol I have so many wedding plans running though my head I can't even remember what I'm doing. Anyway- I'm so bummed bc even though it said it measured 6 inches (which it does at its absolute longest point) it's way to tiny to use in the way I had imagined. ....back to the drawing board I guess. Maybe I'll look at the seller you used on eBay. How big is your shell?

oh how annoying! i totally know what you mean - some days i don't even know my own name.  haha.  mine is between 6 and 7 inches and the opening is 4"x3.75", so plenty big for a little girl to get her hands in to grab some petals.  i can easily get my fingers in there - i was actually pleasantly surprised by the size, i think it's perfect.  if you had a really long aisle it might not hold enough petals but i think it's great!  good luck.  also, i think she sells on etsy with the same seller name.

here's the one i bought http://www.ebay.com/...b#ht_2529wt_932 and she also has a 5-6 in one here http://www.ebay.com/...a#ht_2529wt_932

and here on etsy!  http://www.etsy.com/...bered-nautilus?

#7 avonladee

avonladee
              • 110 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:28 AM

This is so cute! I still don't have a basket for my daughter :/

#8 agm04

agm04
                • 548 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by avonladee 

i highly recommend this if you like it - sooo simple, probably the easiest DIY i've done.  some ribbon some hot glue, maybe 10 mins, done!

#9 agm04

agm04
                  • 548 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by avonladee 

and thank you!

#10 blondi1029

blondi1029
                    • 152 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:55 AM

This is a nice DIY, seems easy enought and it came out beautiful

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users