• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 10,366 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 08:49 AM

for those planning an AHR, are you having a cake, are you haveing a replica of your cake made that you had at your wedding, or not having a cake?

#2 foxytv

foxytv
    • VIP Member
    • 7,740 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 08:58 AM

We're going to do the cupcake tower with cream colored icing and brown sugar sprinkles and then molded candy shells and starfish stuck on top.

Click the image to open in full size.

#3 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 10,366 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 08:59 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by foxytv
        We're going to do the cupcake tower with cream colored icing and brown sugar sprinkles and then molded candy shells and starfish stuck on top.

Click the image to open in full size.
        hmm.. cupcakes sound good...

#4 boscobel

boscobel
        • VIP Member
        • 24,213 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 09:27 AM

Tami - that is such a cute idea!

We are doing a cake (I think, we haven't actually spoken about it!), but I am sure it will be different then Jamaica's. I don't think we will upgrade anything in Jamaica for the cake, so it prob won't be that great.

I also want to have a variety of desserts at my AHR, so we may forgo the cake for that, but I would like to have both.

#5 babycow

babycow
          • 367 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 09:40 AM

I keep going between getting a few (3-5) round cakes from Costco, Chocolate and I think Lemon raspberry they had this summer or going with one of their sheet cakes but decorating it myself. I would add flowers to the round cakes and possibly have one per table. The sheet cake would be plain and I'd like to somehow cut it in half and stack it like a regular wedding cake. Then adding sea shell cookies or chocolates all around the edges tied with ribbon, saw something like it in Marthas magazine. I may just be delusional, don't know if I can pull it off...
            http://i206.photobuc....DERICA_242.jpg
            Erica and Tim
            Dreams Tulum
            Mexico
            May 17, 2008

#6 IrieBride08

IrieBride08
            • 716 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 09:54 AM

We will most likely do my dream wedding cake at the AHR and just go for the free resort cake at the wedding (no upgrades). My father is one of the owners of one of the top caterers in the DC Metro area so I think I will get my cake from him.

BTW, I love the cupcake idea too Tami!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users