Photo

Priests

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 melissa2014

melissa2014
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:29 AM

I have heard from one bride that the priest on the resort who did her catholic mass was atrocious. !! Ive been to mass on the resort before but it was in Spanish so everything sounded beautiful to me lol. Is there only the one priest ? Father James Hogan ? I am considering asking our local preist , but we need to start going to church more :) Thanks Melissa

#2 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
    • 3,074 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:12 AM

Best of luck with finding the right priest to preside over your perfect wedding ceremony! Hope it all works out exactly the way you want it to :)

team MTM asst, Lynda :)

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                          100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#3 JessiTaylor

JessiTaylor
      • 296 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by melissa2014 

I have heard from one bride that the priest on the resort who did her catholic mass was atrocious. !! Ive been to mass on the resort before but it was in Spanish so everything sounded beautiful to me lol. Is there only the one priest ? Father James Hogan ? I am considering asking our local preist , but we need to start going to church more :)
        Thanks
        Melissa

Father Bernard Quinn from Playa del carmen is doing our bilingual wedding in a month at xcaret. So if you can wait till then ill be able to tell you how it went :)

#4 Atthebeach

Atthebeach
        • Site Supporter
        • 8 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by melissa2014 

I have heard from one bride that the priest on the resort who did her catholic mass was atrocious. !! Ive been to mass on the resort before but it was in Spanish so everything sounded beautiful to me lol. Is there only the one priest ? Father James Hogan ? I am considering asking our local preist , but we need to start going to church more :)
          Thanks
          Melissa

I am very curious what the other bride's feedback was about Fr. Hogan as he is performing our ceremony and mass at the Barcelo Palace this coming November.

#5 SweetFire

SweetFire
          • Vendor
          • 330 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:33 AM

Hello Ladies,

The 2 English speaking local priests I have heard about are Father Bernard Quinn and Father James Hogan.  I've heard only good things about both of the them and know they regularly hold mass at the catholic churches in town.  You may want to go through your wedding planner to organize the priest of your choice.  This thread is a little old but does have some good contact information: *

#6 melissa2014

melissa2014
            • 23 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by JessiTaylor 

Father Bernard Quinn from Playa del carmen is doing our bilingual wedding in a month at xcaret. So if you can wait till then ill be able to tell you how it went :)

Yes defiantly let me know how it goes !! I keep hearing great things about the church in Playa downtown . But the small chapel on the resort is so much more convenient and has some symbolism to us .

Good luck next month 

Melissa

#7 weddingsinplaya

weddingsinplaya
              • Vendor
              • 68 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:30 AM

I have worked with both father quinn and father Hogan. I stopped working with father Hogan a while ago after he mistreated a bride to the point she did not want to get married again. At that point I address her to father quinn and she felt much better. She got married in nov 2011 without any problem.

Father Hogan has a very special character, you never know how he is going to be. He can be extremely nice or heavy.

Father Quinn is more mellow and easier to deal with. 

#8 JessiTaylor

JessiTaylor
                • 296 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:13 PM

Im surprised you said that, we found father bernard a bit scary!! From the moment he found out we'd been living together he was very serious. Our wedding started a bit late (we lost all the guests and had to start without them) and i guess he had somewhere to go to as he rushed through it to the point i could barely get my vows out. He didn't smile at all ever, the most we got was a half smile when he said congratulations

He asked why it had taken us so long to get married (together 2.5 years) and my fi couldnt think of an answer. during confession his style is to comment, whereas my husband was used to a silent priest who simply gives penance at the end. He made us both very nervous!!

#9 jbascetta209

jbascetta209
                  • 7 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:57 PM

goodness, now I'm terrified of Father Quinn. We have been legally married in the states for over 3 years and have a child together. how is he going to be with us?!?!?!

#10 melissa2014

melissa2014
                    • 23 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:57 PM

Sorry to hear about the issues with the preist . That's why I have been asking so many questions regarding the priests . I haven't heard of any truely positive reviews . We've asked our local preist to come with us and he said its a possibility but we need to get approval from our bishop . Crossing my fingers it actually can happen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users