Hi everyone! I'm Sofia, I live in Calgary and after 5 years of dating I got engaged last Saturday . I have tons of time to plan my wedding, about 2 years, but i decided to start looking around and choosing things that I would like. Unlike many, I didn't have half my wedding planned before the engagement and I'm feeling totally lost.
Here's what we do know that we want:
- We want a destination wedding in Mexico, either Mayan Riviera or Cabo.
- I want a hotel that will let me have a private reception for a few hours and that we can put music. I will not compromise the dancing
- We would like to have a cake made outside of the hotel. We're both Latin American and we know for sure they make better cakes than just icing.
and...that's it! haha. So, I need your help.
- How do you even start to narrow down hotels? We're thinking of visiting Mexico in the summer and checking out some of our selections in person to make a final decision, but the list needs to be pretty small.
- Do any hotels offer a buffet option for the reception? The fiance would really like a buffet so we want to look into that option if it exists.
- What do you look for in a photographer?
- Did you find that a lot of people decided not to go because of the cost?
I think those are the main questions that are just eating at my soul right now.
thanks in advance!