Sign in to follow this  
TammyB

For brides with blue or green as wedding colors

Ok, I'm not sure if any of you are located near an Ikea store, but I seen these today online and thought they would be perfect for around a cake. Just wanted to share the idea.. There only 1.99 for a 4 pack..

http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/store...umber=50100177

They have them in another color as well...

http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/store...umber=80061297

Good eye Tammy! Both Tasha & I are using similar colors. The only thing w/votive style candle holders is I think we might have a problem w/the candles getting blown out. I was originally thinking of doing votives, but am now thinking of making small luminarias for the tables. I got this idea from a knottie, can't remember her name. I would do mine w/velum in aqua blue.Click the image to open in full size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A10CALGAL View Post
Good eye Tammy! Both Tasha & I are using similar colors. The only thing w/votive style candle holders is I think we might have a problem w/the candles getting blown out. I was originally thinking of doing votives, but am now thinking of making small luminarias for the tables. I got this idea from a knottie, can't remember her name. I would do mine w/velum in aqua blue.Click the image to open in full size.
those are so cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie M View Post
those are so cute!
I know, huh! I think they will be nice & warm & glowy for our reception. I have instructions, I'll start another thread & post them for anyone who's interested. I'm waiting on some velum paper to arrive & I'm going to do a test run to see if I can make them look like I imagine I can (I'm a novice Martha Stewart) pinkie.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by A10CALGAL View Post
I know, huh! I think they will be nice & warm & glowy for our reception. I have instructions, I'll start another thread & post them for anyone who's interested. I'm waiting on some velum paper to arrive & I'm going to do a test run to see if I can make them look like I imagine I can (I'm a novice Martha Stewart) pinkie.gif
I WANT TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR SAMPLES WHEN YOU ARE DONE!!!

Oh for sure Sarah! I love being able to get feedback from this board on stuff like that. FI would be like "can I use one of those bags for my lunch?" Hahaha, I'm mostly kidding...mostly.

I am hoping that votives with tealights will be okay for the tables. Also, Christa I was told that we should definitely do tiki torches on the beach. If you're interested in sharing the cost of those, let me know.