Urgent help required- Documents required for wedding at gran bahia principe mexico

Hi I get married 24th April 2013 at the gazebo! I'm needing some help with what documents are required for the wedding as I'm getting mixed info at the moment. Me and my fiancée and both from the uk and not adopted, my wedding co ordinate has said the birth certificate translating a Spanish and apostilled is only required for the bride yet thomas cook and the translation company have said its required for both bride and groom. Can anybody confirm please? thanks

I have found many resort websites give excellent info on legal requirements. Dreams in particular is very detailed. I have copied and pasted it here for you:

For symbolic ceremonies the following list is not aplicable , this list is only  for Legal marriage. The ceremony is preceded by a Judge. In order to get  legally married in Tulum, there are a few requirements you need. Bride,  Groom & Witnesses must arrive at the Hotel 4 working days prior to the  wedding day (Saturdays, Sundays & Holidays do not count), the wedding  coordinator must receive the following documents in order to start the  corresponding application for a marriage in the Civil Registry Office. • Tourist card (you will get them at your arrival to the Cancun airport). • Birth certificates from bride and groom • If bride is divorced, and she has her married name in her Passport,  she must bring the original Birth Certificates with the stamp (Le  Apostille) of the Registry of your Country. This document should  be translated into Spanish and the cost is $110.00 usd +11% tax per  each birth certificate, translation must be done here in Mexico, or do  the translation at the Mexican embassy in their country by a certified  translator. Otherwise will not be valid. (THIS DOCUMENT ALSO  APPLY IF BRIDE OR GROOM HAVE A DIFERENT LAST NAME  IN THEIR PASSPORTS FROM THEIR BIRTH CERTIFICATE  - LAST NAME FATHER MUST BE THE SAME FOR BRIDE &  GROOM LAST NAME). • If Bride is divorced, she must bring a copy of the Final Divorce Decree  with the stamp (Le Apostille) of the Registry of her Country. This document  should be translated into Spanish and the cost is $90.00 usd+ 11% tax per  page, translation must be done here in Mexico, or she can do the translation  at the Mexican embassy in their country just by a certified translator.
• Valid Passports (This is essential, otherwise the wedding cannot be performed). • The blood test are taken in Mexico, they are not valid if it is taken elsewhere.  To be considered valid the test should not be taken more than 14 days  prior to the ceremony. The blood will be tested for HIV, RPR (sexually  transmitted diseases) and blood type. The results will be ready in 24 hours  together with a certificate of the blood test and the charge will be $250 usd  per couple to be paid directly to the doctor the day when test is taken. • Another fee that you should consider the judgeâ€s transportation , they  usually perform the civil ceremony in their office however is flexible to  come to the resort if transportation is provided, the round trip from the  city is $55 usd , this should be paid in cash to the judge the wedding date,  you can arrange this in advance through the wedding coordinator. • The names, addresses, nationalities, ages, occupation, relationship, copy  of a tourist card and a valid identification of the 4 witnesses should  be provide. Wedding Coordinator will send you the legal form, the  witnesses could be relatives , friends or anyone who has valid Passport  and over 18 years old. • The Marriage Certificate is only valid in Mexico. In order to make it  legal Internationally, the wedding coordinator will procsend a copy of  your License to Validation Process. • The fee for the Validation Procces and Translation of marriage license  and shipping will be $ 165 usd, this should be paid in cash before the  wedding. The process may take up to 3-4 month to be done. Once the  document is Apostilled and tranlasted in English, the Hotel will send
all documentation to your home address. Please if you donâ€t receive  the document in the time frame contact the wedding coordinator for  update your complete address and phone number. • NEW LEGAL REQUIREMENT! Special Certificate (CIR). Please  send 2 months prior the wedding scanned copies of the bride and  groomâ€s passport and birth certificates to request a NON marriage  letter by Quintana Roo State. This letter certifies the couple does not  have a previous marriage registered in the State of Quintana Roo. This  Certification letter fee is $ 80 USD per wedding couple. If someone is divorced, they must send a scanned copy of the Divorce  Decree & Birth Certificate Apostil , so the resort can send it to be  translated in Spanish by a certified translator in Mexico.   Again, this is information from a dreams resorts and I see that your location is "gazebo at Tulum". Are you getting married at the Dreams Tulum resort? If so this is the info you need with all the pricing for the fees and services. Hope this helps!!

Originally Posted by April2013Bride View Post

Hi I get married 24th April 2013 at the gazebo! I'm needing some help with what documents are required for the wedding as I'm getting mixed info at the moment. Me and my fiancée and both from the uk and not adopted, my wedding co ordinate has said the birth certificate translating a Spanish and apostilled is only required for the bride yet thomas cook and the translation company have said its required for both bride and groom. Can anybody confirm please? thanks

Your WC should have already emailed you all the necessary details abut your paperwork. . . .   I have pasted below details we have received  post 1 of 2

Details I Be at least 18 years of age at the time of the ceremony.

Bride and Groom & 4 witnesses (2 each) must arrive to their hotel 4 business days prior to the legal wedding ceremony date in order to complete and process the necessary documents and for the Bride and Groom to get the blood tests carried out.  NOTE Saturday and Sunday are not considered working days.

BLOOD TESTS  to determine blood type, HIV and STD. Tests must be taken in Mexico. At the resort there is a medical center which provides this service. The price of the blood test is 90 USD per person that will have to pay in cash.

BIRTH CERTIFICATES WHEN BRIDE & GROOM ARE SINGLE and their last names match to their parents name & passports no more documentation is needed but Birth Certificate, Passport & Tourist cards. Ask your wedding coordinator after sending the marriage application.

If a bride or grooms former spouse is deceased then a copy of their death certificate is required. This is required for legal ceremonies only.

VALID PASSPORTS They are mandatory for a legal wedding to be performed. Passports must be presented to the wedding coordinator at the time of the wedding meeting. This meeting must be 4 days prior the wedding date. Please send your scanned passports to the WC before your arrival (Bride,  Groom and 4 witnesses – 2 each)

TOURIST CARDS  These green cards are provided to all persons upon their arrival into Cancunâ€s International Airport. Names on Tourist Card and Passport MUST be the same. This card proves your legal stay in Mexico.  These will be copied by the WC for Bride,  Groom and 4 witnesses – 2 each

post 2 of 2 as promised

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

Itâ€s very important to send all the information as soon as possible so we can start with the details.

• In which hotel are you going to stay, Tulúm, Akumal, Cobá or Sian Ka an ?

• Complete names of the Bride and Groom as in passports.

• Complete address and telephone number

• Type of Ceremony: Legal Wedding, Symbolic Ceremony or Mayan Ceremony

(Please specify the name and cost of the package).

• Name of the Tour Operator you are coming with and booking confirmation number (in case you do not know it, your travel agent can tell you).

• Arrival date and time

• Departure date

• Date of the wedding and time confirmed

• Location of the wedding ceremony

• How many guest will attend the wedding (we need an estimate ASAP) How many kids????

• One month before your arrival please send your Rooming List (guest list - names of all the people that you are coming with and are staying at the hotel)   Please add special requests such as handicaps, crib, etc….

Itâ€s very important that you send this list one month before your wedding, so we can check that all your guests are booked at the hotel, this is the only way we know who is part of your wedding group.

• In which restaurant do you want to have your wedding dinner? Attached are the restaurants available for your wedding dinner. Please choose one send me your decision as soon as possible because itâ€s upon availability.

How to choose a set menu: (For the entire group)

1 Appetizer

1 Soup

1 Main course

1 dessert

• For the wedding cake you have the following options, The cake is white in the outside and the flavour can be vanilla, chocolate, raspberry, coffee, coconut  or 3 milks (Mexican recipe that is a mix of the evaporated milk, the sweetened condensed milk and the carnation milk)

1.- Have the dessert from the dinner and take  the cake for 10 people "symbolic" included in your package.

2.- Take off the dessert from the dinner and make the cake bigger enough for the amount of people that you are coming with so they will have the wedding cake as dessert (this won't have any extra charge)

NOTE: Dress code for men for a la carte restaurants mandatory long pants and shirts with sleeves – Scottish gents can were traditional kilt outfits.  

It will count as one of the a la carte dinners of the all inclusive package for your guests, for groom and bride is an extra dinner of their all inclusive package.

In case you want a private poolside dinner or cocktail, ask your wedding coordinator. Private events have an extra charge.

• What kind of music do you want at the wedding ceremony?
  1. The CD music from the hotel (Instrumental Wedding music)
  2. Bring your own CD or Ipod with songs (Please ask for the songs needed)
  3. The other options that are mentioned in wedding package with an extra charge

(Live music, Mariachi band, Trios, Marimba, Saxophonist, Violins etc) Ask for prices.

• Flowers: Please ask your wedding coordinator for the catalog of flowers included in the package and for the price of extras. (Bridesmaids bouquets, boutonnières, centerpieces. Petals etc.)

• For pictures & video services you will be hosted by Arrecife Studio, which is the photo company with exclusivity at Gran Bahía Principe Riviera Maya. Please contact Ms. Rocío De Prado who is the Photo Manager for WEG (Wedding, Events & Groups). I am sure that Arrecife Studio will provide you an excellent service, solving out all your doubts about photography and video; you will be very pleased with their work. Email: photomexico@arrecifestudio.com

To see their pictures you can go Facebook: Arrecife Studio Mexico

• For the prices and information for massages, hair do, treatments, make up etc. Please contact spabptul@bahia-principe.com to make your own appointments directly with them

Please send this file back with ALL the information required as soon as possible.

Happy Planning!

The details I have posted above are from Wedding Co-Ordinators at THE GRAN BAHIA PRINCIPE HOTEL, MAYAN RIVERIA I have received all my paperwork through an just pasted it in for you.  Diggitydawn has also posted details but i dont think she is gettign married at  THE GRAN BAHIA PRINCIPE HOTEL, MAYAN RIVERIA so details from her hotel differ  - I noticed straight off the cost she has been told for blood tests is more expensive

Hope the details help, if you would prefer me to email all the paperwork send me a pm with your personal email address & I will happily forward on thepaperwork.

Kirstin x

Thanks very much, yeah im getting married at the gran bahia principe at the gazebo. Its just been a nightmare trying to find out what documents were required a sthe translation company and thomas cook both advised birth certificates were required for both me and the groom but the wc  has advised different and i didnt want to get to mexico and not have the correct documents and i did not want to translate both as its a extra £150.00. It appears the birth certificate translating is just required for my self though. thanks for your help.