kerri85

Suzanne Morel

I had my makeup and hair done at Suzanne Morel for my wedding on May 22. I paid to have all of my bridesmaids hair done and 2 out of 4 had their makeup done as well. Her team was very thorough and made sure we weren't leaving until we were all 100% satisfied. They were also very fast- we were in and out in less than 2 hours! 

I used Alma for my wedding last week too and her stylist was great! My hair trial was fast and I loved my hair on my wedding day. The only complain I have was my bobby pins came loose within an hour of having my hair done. She could have placed them tighter but I managed to shove them back in. Hair was semi-messy by the time I hit the dance floor. I wished it would have stay in place but it's near impossible when you hug so many people and folks tug on your vail. I recommend Alma's staff. Great job

I know this is an older thread, but I just stumbled across this and I wanted to reply and give my opinion on Suzanne Morel.

Much like AUCV I don’t reply to these threads but I believe I was the bride that AUCV was referring to in her post.

I got married in Cabo in October 2012 and I used Suzanne Morel for my hair and makeup. My bridesmaids ended up booking her as well.

Throughout my wedding preparation process, my focus was never on my hair and makeup. I knew I wanted to go with Suzanne from day one because I have seen pictures of weddings she did and based on that I was sold on her doing my hair and makeup. Having done that, I just sort of figured my hair and makeup would fall into place because I knew I was in good hands. As a result, I didn’t have a hairstyle in mind that i really wanted for my wedding day. I always liked the idea of a high bun- it’s simple, elegant, and classic, so I figured I would stick with that for my hairstyle but it was never really something I HAD to have or else.

When I went to Suzanne's salon, she did not agree with my bun choice. Initially I was bit shocked, but at the end I respected her decision because she pointed out that I have thinner hair in the front of my head, and if I go with a bun that pulls my hair back, it would reveal my 'bald' spots. Her criticism was a bit harsh, but honest. This is something that I have known about my hair since day one but somehow just never focused on it when I was thinking of going with a bun. As many of you know, just because a hairstyle/dress looks good on a model in a magazine, it doesn’t necessarily mean that it will look good on you.

I'm actually very glad she pointed this out because had she let me continue with a bun, I would have looked awful on my wedding day and in my pictures. Don’t get me wrong, I have a lot of hair (but its very thick in the back but thinner on the top), so I believe Suzanne did an amazing job utilizing the "good" features of my hair and hid "the bad ones" and made me look really good on my big day.

I was never upset with her for pointing my flaws out to me- I can handle it. Some of my bridesmaids were ushered into a different room because of reasons that had nothing to do with my hair or makeup but because of their attitude.

At the end of the day Suzanne can be very opinionated and blunt but I think that’s a good thing. We all want to look good on our wedding day and that’s what Suzanne did. Sometimes you need someone to tell you that maybe your choice isn’t the right one even when your bridesmaids tell you otherwise. But when it comes to advice and opinions, ultimately it’s up to you whether you take it or not.

I am afraid of this exact situation. My package includes hair and makeup but I haven't had any luck finding anyone who actually used those services.....I have e-mailed Suzanne and will have to decide what I want to do in the near future. I am a planner and can't wait until the last minute.

@@hyoungquist, I was worried about the hair and makeup included in my package also, as I think we have the same package.  We are going up to Cabo in November to meet our vendors and the salon wanted to do my trial in November for a February wedding which had me worried so I hired Susan Morel.  She will be providing hair and makeup for the entire wedding party.

Hello All--My name is Becca and I'm planning to get married in Cabo late October 2015!! I'm really excited to get started with my planning. I have spent a lot of time in Cabo on vacation, but I'm not sure about hiring vendors for my wedding :( .

Besides photography, hair and makeup is my #1 priority (so I don't look terrible in my expensive photos, ha ha)! From what I've read so far, it seems like Suzanne Morel is the best...but seeing negative reviews makes me so nervous! Does anyone have anything else to add about her services?

If she is pushy or straightforward I can handle it--I just want to look and feel my best! Does anyone have anything to add about their experience at her salon?