Originally Posted by Hailey
I am reading all these posts and starting to freak out! I am getting married in two months and having troubles deciding where to have our reception. I see Kylene isn't a favorable WC and of course I am stuck with her. I need advice on what I need to be on top of with her.
We have 60 ppl coming to our wedding and am a little confused on the reception dinner options. Kylene has been horrible in getting back to me. We want an area that can hold 60 ppl comfortably with a DJ and a bit of a dance floor so we can have first dances etc. Can I do this with a semi private option? Is the steakhouse good?? Or would anyone suggest a different area? If we do semi-private are drinks included or do we need to select open bar option and pay?
Ladies any advice would be grealty appreciated!
Thank you in advance,
Hi Hailey! Congrats on your upcoming wedding, mine is in May 2013. I also have Kylene and have just gotten most of my info from this site. I am copying and pasting something I saw from a former bride (2011?) regarding the location options. Hopefully it's still pretty accurate. I don't have pricing info, but I think I'm aiming for Baja Norte with about 50 people, private, with open bar.
1. Mar de Cortes (Steak house) (rent the whole thing if you have enough people to rent the whole place...I forgot how many that was I think 60 or 80 people is the min to close it)
2. Mar de Cortes (Steak house terrace): This is on the ground level, and you can walk out to the beach from here
3. San Jose (Mexican Restaurant): I think most people rent the terrace of this which is above beach level. I wouldn't want to rent out the inside of the restaurant because its enclosed vs. the steakhouse which is not enclosed and has a nice open air feel, but does have a ceiling.
4. Misaki (Japanese) This restaurant is enclosed as well. I don't think many people rent this out.
5. Medano (Buffet) Why would you want it here?
6. English Garden (This is the terrace of the Buffet) I don't think a lot of people rent this, its probably pretty busy around there especially since its around dinner time.
7. The Pacific Ball Room- inside
8. Baja Norte/Baja Suhr:Poolside I had mine at the Baja Norte. The only difference is that the Baja Norte is the quiet pool by day, and the Baja Suhr is the activity pool by day. So, its a little more private at the Baja Norte. I Loved having it pool side because it was beautiful and you are overlooking the beach and ocean as well...there was NO One around us once the reception started at 7:00 which was very nice.
9. The Beach: The set up tables right on the beach, either right by the Steakhouse restaurant or right by the Mexican Restaurant- This option looked nice, but i think i would rather have my tables on solid ground.
1. Steakhouse Terrace
2. Mexican Terrace
For the semi-private you only get these for one seating...either the early seating 6:30 or 8:30 I think they are both for 2 hours. If you want both seatings you have to pay for it.