Saying hello again (copied from newbie forum)

sinesbride

Ok - so I joined this forum quite some time ago and was suppose to be married this spring, but due to purchasing a new home, having another baby (yes we did it all backwards and now have a 4 year old and a 8 month old) and changing careers...things got in the way and there was never a good time. NOW - we are starting the planning process over again.

After weeks and weeks of going back and forth from All-Inclusive to Cruise Ship wedding, I think I am set on Cruise Ship wedding.We are planning summer of 2014 and nothing is getting in the way this time. LOL For logistics reasons, we are doing the cruise. I now have 2 kids to pack for and we live in Dallas area so driving to the Port of Galveston to hop a cruise is much easier for myself and I'm sure my guests. We chose the summer so people with kids can come, but I didn't realize how much more expensive summer cruises are. Yikes!

Anyway, I want to thank you all in advance for advise, help and everything I know I will get from this board.

-Catherine

Congrats on... well everything, new home, new baby, new wedding plans :)) I fell inlove with the idea of getting married on a cruise ship forever ago and am so happy that I can finally start planning. Right now I am in the process of deciding which cruise line I want 2 go with. What line have you decided 2 go with? Kara Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• 1 month later...

This is not my first wedding, but it is the first REAL marriage that I am gonna have. I have always wanted to get married on a cruise ship, unfortunately the first husband worked on one and wanted no part of it.....Now I am able to complete my dream with the man of my dreams!!

(not LLCoolJ but my reality man, lol)

I have been on 21 cruises and although I LOVE Carnival, I decided on RCCL because the boat going out of my home port is nicer than the Carnival one. The packages are comparable on either cruise line, because RCCL includes photos and Carnival is separate. RCCL decor is just classier as well. Carnival is more of a Party boat atmosphere.

Good luck with deciding!!

This is not my first wedding, but it is the first REAL marriage that I am gonna have. I have always wanted to get married on a cruise ship, unfortunately the first husband worked on one and wanted no part of it.....Now I am able to complete my dream with the man of my dreams!!

(not LLCoolJ but my reality man, lol)

I have been on 21 cruises and although I LOVE Carnival, I decided on RCCL because the boat going out of my home port is nicer than the Carnival one. The packages are comparable on either cruise line, because RCCL includes photos and Carnival is separate. RCCL decor is just classier as well. Carnival is more of a Party boat atmosphere.

Good luck with deciding!!

Went with Royal as well, felt that Carnival was 2 much of a party, I think I would be fine on a normal cruise with Carnival but for my wedding n having people pay alot 2 come along I want something that by would enjoy as well. Hope everyone enjoys there planning! I know I'm having a blast!

• 3 weeks later...

Our Cruise Wedding was AMAZING!

It is such a wonderful experience, I definitely recommend it.

We chose to go with RCCL for several reasons. I have cruised extensively, on Norwegian, Carnival, Princess and Royal Caribbean. In my opinion, RC offers the best value. It is not the cheapest (like Carnival) but it does have some great deals if you book with enough time and is not the most expensive, either. However, the level of accommodations, sevice, food, etc. is fantastic, especially considering the price.

I also like the many activities they have, like the rock climbing wall, the surf machine, the ice skating rink. 

The Oasis and Allure are the biggest ships in the world, and are really awsome. They have a park with trees and even birds!

However, for a wedding, being that it is such a huge ship, there are also some downfalls that I imagined could occur, so we chose to go with The Liberty, which is still a pretty big ship but small enough to be manageable and (I expected) provide better service for wedding planning.

Cruise weddings can be frustrating because it is hard to plan in advance all the little details, and there is not a whole lot of information out there. It can be hard to get a hold of your wedding planner at corporate sometimes, so you have to be patient. 

However it is such a fun, original way to get married that I definitely recommend it!

Our Cruise Wedding was AMAZING!

It is such a wonderful experience, I definitely recommend it.

We chose to go with RCCL for several reasons. I have cruised extensively, on Norwegian, Carnival, Princess and Royal Caribbean. In my opinion, RC offers the best value. It is not the cheapest (like Carnival) but it does have some great deals if you book with enough time and is not the most expensive, either. However, the level of accommodations, sevice, food, etc. is fantastic, especially considering the price.

I also like the many activities they have, like the rock climbing wall, the surf machine, the ice skating rink. 

The Oasis and Allure are the biggest ships in the world, and are really awsome. They have a park with trees and even birds!

However, for a wedding, being that it is such a huge ship, there are also some downfalls that I imagined could occur, so we chose to go with The Liberty, which is still a pretty big ship but small enough to be manageable and (I expected) provide better service for wedding planning.

Cruise weddings can be frustrating because it is hard to plan in advance all the little details, and there is not a whole lot of information out there. It can be hard to get a hold of your wedding planner at corporate sometimes, so you have to be patient. 

However it is such a fun, original way to get married that I definitely recommend it!

Hello ladies!

I am planning on taking the Carnival Legend out of the port of Tampa the week of April 6, 2014. I have cruised before, but both of my previous cruises were aboard the RCCL out of Port Canaveral. 

With all of the latest incidents with Carnival, I was wondering if anyone could share their impression of Carnival and their opinion of Carnival vs RCCL. My FI and I haven't announced that we will be having our cruise aboard a Carnival ship so I know I'm probably going to need some info about the ship in order to sell it to some people!

Thanks in advance!