Jenny2014

Greater Toronto Area Brides 2013/2014!

Hey!

I know there are some of us here, and just thought it would be a cool place to all catch up/ post our wedding locations & ideas!

Hi there,

I am a former GTA resident - I actually moved to the US to be with my fiance at the end of last year!

We are legally married now (had to because of immigration), but are in the midst of planning a destination wedding at Moon Palace in the Riviera Maya. Just thought I would say hi since it's always nice to chat with fellow Canucks, especially those from Toronto :)

Congrats on your engagement and happy planning!

• Like 1

Hey :) My names stephanie and I live about 45 minutes from Toronto I'm getting married October 23, 2014 at the gran Bahia principe Jamaica :)

I live right at the heart of Toronto. Wedding Montego Bay Jamaica April 19 2014!

• Like 1

Oh yay! Finally a response to this thread! hahaha

So glad to see fellow GTA brides! (and former GTA brides!)

Congrats to you all! Glad to see our wedding dates span this year and into next... lots to look forward to!

I created and sent out my invites yesterday! Here is the link to my post: http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/86526/jenny2014-boarding-pass-invites-pictures-with-templates

Figured I would share all my info, as us Canadian brides have such a hard time finding good deals on DIY stuff.

• Like 1

OMG! Those look amazing!

Thank you for posting all of your materials, sources and prices. 

I am also thinking of doing boarding pass style save the dates, and have been trying to determine how much work and money will be involved. I have about 300 to make :(

Yours look awesome - and you got some great scores on your equipment!

Originally Posted by FutureMrsSingh View Post

OMG! Those look amazing!

Thank you for posting all of your materials, sources and prices. 

I am also thinking of doing boarding pass style save the dates, and have been trying to determine how much work and money will be involved. I have about 300 to make :(

Yours look awesome - and you got some great scores on your equipment!

Thanks so much!

Honestly, Walmart is amazing! Michael's is good for the odds and ends kind of stuff (like the brads- especially if you have a 40 or 50% off coupon!), but if you want to purchase a personal cutting board with a scorer and perforator, go to Walmart. The only reason I ended up getting my cutting board at Michael's was because it was bigger than the one I had gotten at Walmart, and it was only $5 more. Otherwise, the same size at Walmart was maybe $25?

And I plan on using it for everything (menu cards, OOT bag inclusions, pre- travel brochure).

Paper- Garden is also an amazing place to order your cardstock. They have sooooooo many choices, and it is strictly Canadian. With shipping and everything for 200 sheets of cardstock (3 different colours) and 50 envelopes, it was only $110. Plus you order per sheet. I also liked that you can do an e-transfer to them instead of using a credit card. It was risky (obviously because you worry at first whether it is legitimate or not), but I trusted and it worked out perfectly.

Hey Jen...I'm just an hour east of Toronto on Rice Lake.....my FI and I actually own a cottage resort on the south shore....I just recently stopped working in downtown Toronto (thank goodness, the commute was a killer, lo)

I might be considered a GTA bride....  As I drive through the GTA every other weekend to visit my FI (currently doing long distance).

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Best Destination Wedding Sponsors

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
    • Hi Patty, thank you so much for your reply. I will definitely check out each of these resorts and 5e attachments that you have provided.  Can you suggest a Canadian TA?
    • Congratulations Amanda and welcome to the forum! Absolutely use a travel agent. You will get the best rates & personalized for you and your guests. We can definitely give you resort suggestions & answer any questions you have, but your best bet for pricing will be to contact a Canadian TA. Canadian rates are different than the US market and are typically packaged with the air plus using a Canadian TA you and your guests can pay in CAD.   Karisma resorts are known for their "gourmet inclusive" food options.  Sensatori Punta Cana is a beautiful resort that opened a few years ago. They offers a sky terrace for weddings & reception. They are next to Nickelodeon Punta Cana and share many of the same restaurants. There is an awesome waterpark for kids that is available for a nominal fee.   In Punta Cana Now Onyx is a popular option & we have stayed there twice. The food is good and adults have the added bonus of being able to go to Breathless Punta Cana which is an adults only resort next door.  Now Onyx is in the process of adding a sky terrace for weddings with reception area attached.  Royalton Resorts are another great option. Royalton Bavaro in Punta Cana has a terrace overlooking the ocean and Royalton Riviera Cancun has an open air chapel overlooking the ocean. They are great family friendly resorts.  Resort info is attached for all of these options & we have stayed at or toured all of them as well. Please take a look and let me know what questions we can answer. Thanks! Patty     Sensatori PC fact sheet.pdf Royalton Bavaro resort map.pdf Royalton Bavaro fact sheet.pdf Royalton Riviera Cancun factsheet 8.2018.pdf Royalton Riviera Cancun brochure 8.2018.pdf Royalton Riviera Cancun - Location Images 2017.pdf Royalton Riviera Cancun resort map.pdf Now Onyx Resort Map (2).pdf Now Onyx Brochure (1).pdf Now Onyx fact sheet (1).pdf
    • The most recent post I found for Azul Fives brides is here -- although it hasn't been updated much:    You can also find a Cancun-Riviera Maya FB group hosted by this forum here, that will have various info you might find helpful! https://www.facebook.com/groups/CancunRMBrides/ Since you are considering Azul Fives for your wedding, I also encourage you to check out this promotion because it could save you a good amount of money on your wedding -- the only requirement is that you use Wright Travel, which is the official travel agency of the BDW forum! But their services are free, so it's a total bonus and will be a huge help as you plan your wedding celebration Hope that helps!!!  
    • Can’t seem to find the forum for Azul Fives with the last year? If someone could post the link that would be great!  I am just starting to loosely plan my wedding and this resort is on my top list. Thanks!
    • Hi there I’ve been engaged for a few months now and we beginning to talk about our wedding. We are 33 and 34 years old, We think we want it to be in Mexico or DR. We expect about 50 guests including children. We don’t want to get married or have our reception on the beach. My Fiancé is a chef so we also would like good food! We would also like to keep the cost under $1800 per guest flying from Nova Scotia, Canada.  Any suggestions as to how or where to start the planning process? Should we use a travel agent?  Any experienced brides that can suggest a resort ? Thank you! amanda   
  • Topics