Greater Toronto Area Brides 2013/2014!

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Jenny2014

Jenny2014
  • 503 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:37 AM

Hey!

I know there are some of us here, and just thought it would be a cool place to all catch up/ post our wedding locations & ideas!

#2 Jenny2014

Jenny2014
    • 503 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:38 AM

My name is Jenny, and I will be getting married at Dreams Puerto Vallarta on September 18, 2014!

#3 FutureMrsSingh

FutureMrsSingh
      • 34 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:58 PM

Hi there,

I am a former GTA resident - I actually moved to the US to be with my fiance at the end of last year!

We are legally married now (had to because of immigration), but are in the midst of planning a destination wedding at Moon Palace in the Riviera Maya. Just thought I would say hi since it's always nice to chat with fellow Canucks, especially those from Toronto :)

Congrats on your engagement and happy planning!

#4 STemple

STemple
        • 171 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:05 PM

Hey :) My names stephanie and I live about 45 minutes from Toronto I'm getting married October 23, 2014 at the gran Bahia principe Jamaica :)

#5 Backy

Backy
          • 171 posts
          • Wedding Date:April 19, 2014
          • Wedding Location:Sandals Montego Bay

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:40 PM

I live right at the heart of Toronto. Wedding Montego Bay Jamaica April 19 2014!

#6 Jenny2014

Jenny2014
          • 503 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:38 AM

Oh yay! Finally a response to this thread! hahaha

So glad to see fellow GTA brides! (and former GTA brides!)

Congrats to you all! Glad to see our wedding dates span this year and into next... lots to look forward to!

I created and sent out my invites yesterday! Here is the link to my post: http://www.bestdesti...-with-templates

Figured I would share all my info, as us Canadian brides have such a hard time finding good deals on DIY stuff.

#7 FutureMrsSingh

FutureMrsSingh
            • 34 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:15 AM

OMG! Those look amazing!

Thank you for posting all of your materials, sources and prices. 

I am also thinking of doing boarding pass style save the dates, and have been trying to determine how much work and money will be involved. I have about 300 to make :(

Yours look awesome - and you got some great scores on your equipment!

#8 Jenny2014

Jenny2014
              • 503 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by FutureMrsSingh 

OMG! Those look amazing!

Thank you for posting all of your materials, sources and prices. 

I am also thinking of doing boarding pass style save the dates, and have been trying to determine how much work and money will be involved. I have about 300 to make :(

Yours look awesome - and you got some great scores on your equipment!

Thanks so much!

Honestly, Walmart is amazing! Michael's is good for the odds and ends kind of stuff (like the brads- especially if you have a 40 or 50% off coupon!), but if you want to purchase a personal cutting board with a scorer and perforator, go to Walmart. The only reason I ended up getting my cutting board at Michael's was because it was bigger than the one I had gotten at Walmart, and it was only $5 more. Otherwise, the same size at Walmart was maybe $25?

And I plan on using it for everything (menu cards, OOT bag inclusions, pre- travel brochure).

Paper- Garden is also an amazing place to order your cardstock. They have sooooooo many choices, and it is strictly Canadian. With shipping and everything for 200 sheets of cardstock (3 different colours) and 50 envelopes, it was only $110. Plus you order per sheet. I also liked that you can do an e-transfer to them instead of using a credit card. It was risky (obviously because you worry at first whether it is legitimate or not), but I trusted and it worked out perfectly.

#9 Lydia1120

Lydia1120
                • Site Supporter
                • 406 posts
                • Wedding Date:November 20, 2013
                • Wedding Location:Varadero, Cuba
                • LocationCobourg, Ontario

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:15 PM

Hey Jen...I'm just an hour east of Toronto on Rice Lake.....my FI and I actually own a cottage resort on the south shore....I just recently stopped working in downtown Toronto (thank goodness, the commute was a killer, lo)
                17 Years in the Making....and we love each other more now then ever!
                Post Wedding Items for Sale: http://www.bestdesti...various-items/ 

Wedding Dance Mash Up Video -  https://www.youtube....h?v=80jO9-B_BVI

#10 DinaQtobe

DinaQtobe
                • 450 posts
                • Wedding Date:November 21, 2013
                • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:26 AM

I might be considered a GTA bride....  As I drive through the GTA every other weekend to visit my FI (currently doing long distance).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users