Denver Newbie getting married in Riviera Maya and I LOVE this site!!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 STBEngelquist

• 155 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:36 AM

awesome pictures....

#12 cherany

• 234 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by DiggityDawn 

Hi everyone!!! 

I have been coming back to this site for over a week now. I just love all the info!! I can find anything on here and if not, just ask about it! I have a tentative date for 2014, but am still in the process of picking resorts. I am wondering if this process was so hard for other brides? I have researches so may resorts!! I think I have driven my travel agent crazy by now. lol

A couple that I am seriously considering are Dreams Tulum and Barcelo Maya Palace. Anyone have any thoughts?

Welcome & congratulations! 

You're definitely not the only bride to struggle with the venue decision! It was the thing that took us the longest and was the most difficult. We made up our minds a few times over.

Since you have a couple of specific places in mind to compare, I would recommend looking through wedding albums from each place to give a truer idea of how a wedding looks at each one. There are so many details about the locations that you notice when you see a whole wedding somewhere. 

There are several slideshows from both resorts here:

As others have mentioned, making sure you are ok with the outside vendor policies of a resort you like is crucial. It should be one of the first things you inquire about when consider a venue, because it can often change your opinion about a place when they're inflexible. I know for me it became one of the biggest deciding factors. 

Good luck choosing! You'll feel more at ease when you have that big decision out of the way. 

#13 Lyman

• 262 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:59 AM

Congrats all! so interesting to hear everyone's perspectives and suggestions........what makes this forum such a great resource for sure! 

wishing everyone the best with their research + plans and that you have the Wonderful Wedding celebration you envision! Cheers :)

#14 Kristen112808

• 169 posts
          • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:06 PM

This site has been so helpful... you'll love it!

Congrats and welcome!! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users