Sign in to follow this  
martap7

Melia Cabo Real 2013 wedding!!

Hello, my fiance and I are getting married December 15, 2013 at the Melia Cabo Real.  Anyone else getting married there or have been to a wedding there that can give me some insight? Im a little nervous going into it blind :/

We would like to get married at Riu Sant Fe but are also interesed in Melia Cabo, I sent them an email a few weeks ago and no one has replied...do you have any information on the Melia resort?  Is it reasonable?

I fell in love with the resort when I googles Melia Cabo Real Weddings facebook..look at all there photos, AMAZING!! I looked into about 10 different resorts and for the price package at Melia compared to other resorts is phenomenal.  Of course my fiance and I would love to stay at the best resort, but unfortunatley we have to accomidate for guests, and if we want guests to stay at the same resort as us we had to find something reasonable.  I have never been to the Melia Cabo, but have stayed at the Melia Ixtapa and LOVED IT!! My parents traveled to Cabo this January and stopped at the Melia to check it out and said it was gorgous for the price.  I don't know the exact dollar amount I am paying yet bc I haven't gotten the exact head count for our party, but their biggest package starts at 2500  which and it feeds up to 24 guests (incuding drinks) and then its like 60 extra per person after that...I figured if I have 60 guests go it will be around 7500 (food, drinks, flowers, dj,etc)...I know this is their busiest time of year for wedding, so just keep emailing or call them.  Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.

Hi Girls! Iam getting married at Melia in October. My coordinator is Shantal. They are very helpful and Im looking forward to it! :)

Originally Posted by Gyqueiroz View Post

Hi Girls! Iam getting married at Melia in October. My coordinator is Shantal. They are very helpful and Im looking forward to it! :)

Are you picking the grassy ceremony spot or beach?  I am going to go with the grassy spot bc it adds so much color, but we will see once we do our sight visit there in July. lol

Hi Marta! Im getting married on the garden set! yes it looks so nice! But by the beach is nice too! I will decide when Im there!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Best Destination Wedding Sponsors

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
    • Hey Ladies, I’m planning my wedding for October 2020 and we have narrowed it down to the Now Jade or Royalton Riviera Maya. We are expecting about 50-60 people and want a private reception. We are coming from BC, Canada.  Reading through the forums on here has been super helpful so far!  Something that’s been a bit hard in planning is figuring out all the hidden fees that add up on top of your basic wedding package.  Any tips or advice? Thanks!  
    • Visit Jamaica and check out Montego Bay Photographer for your family vacation or Destination Wedding photography!!! https://www.montegobayphotographer.com
    • I think I fhttp://www.cigarjamaica.com/ound what you're looking for: 
    • My parents divorced quite recently, just few years ago after being rather unhappily married for 26 years. My mom caught him cheating. I got engaged a few months ago and a month later with little notice my father married the woman who he was with when my mom caught him. I live in a different country so only met her and her family a few times, they were very nice to me, my father is very happy. I am polite / neutral with her. On the contrary my mom is not doing great at all, she is still in a complete breakdown and a month after engagement she made a scene that she does not want my father at my wedding and hang up on me. When she found out i speak to his new partner she refused to talk to me ever again. It’s been a couple of month now, i tried to reach out but she blocked me. My mom is not really a very reasonable type, i try to take care of her and cheer her up but I cant just sit and talk to her peacefully, it is always a drama when it comes to my father. My grandparents are on her side. I mentioned to my father that i will not be inviting his wife as i don’t feel comfortable making the whole situation much worse and also because i really dont know her well to which he said that he may not be coming then. What do I do about it? It looks like it maybe the case that neither of my parents will come or if my father comes with his wife i may never be able to fix the relationship with my mother....
    • I'm so excited to finally, after 9 years, getting married again!  He's so amazing and we want to have an amazing wedding in Jamaica next year.  Allow me to introduce myself:  I am Katherine,  his grandchildren will call me KitKat! who is marrying a minister that truly leaves me speechless at times the way he loves and cares for me.  Professionally, I am a destination wedding planner/travel agent/award-winning floral designer, so this wedding will be my ENCORE.  Last night, we started out with 50 guests, relatively the larger size of most destination weddings.  Then our guest list grew to 100.  Right! My team right now, does have a contact in Jamaica, that I'm already working with. We are working on the budget, constantly.  The plan is to have all of the details together before Thanksgiving holiday, so that family and friends can prepare to start booking.
  • Topics