Photo

May 2014 Bride and am so lost!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Nicole Cancilla

Nicole Cancilla
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:11 AM

Any advice on a resort, dj, flowers, reception, etc. I am trying to pick a resort and was looking at the Now resorts.  Are there any other brides that could help ease my mind and let me know what most likely I should plan to spend with having the ceremony, cocktail hour, reception dinner, dj and also a rehearsal dinner. I have not seen any info on the rehearsal dinner. We just started looking but I am so overwhelmed by everything. We also have two children daughters will be 7 and 3 in 2014 when we will be getting married.  Thanks for any help.  We really haven't created a budget yet because we have no clue what the round about we are looking at!!!! We will be having at most 35-40 people.  I have been looking at this site for a awhile now and figured it was time for more to post something to get some more help.  This site is awesome!!!

#2 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
    • 3,074 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:27 PM

Congrats Nicole ! and welcome to this forum resource :) you'll find lots of great help from everyone here, which is sure to ease you mind while researching yoru planning decisions!

The NOW Jade + Sapphire are wonderful choices for wedding venues......as shown here is some magical wedding "moments that matter" Linc captured as recent weddings there - to show you what they look like.

NOW Jade........with more at*

NOW Sapphire .....with more at*

team MTM asst, Lynda :)

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                          100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#3 WeddingCancun

WeddingCancun
      • Vendor
      • 210 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Nicole Cancilla 

Any advice on a resort, dj, flowers, reception, etc. I am trying to pick a resort and was looking at the Now resorts.  Are there any other brides that could help ease my mind and let me know what most likely I should plan to spend with having the ceremony, cocktail hour, reception dinner, dj and also a rehearsal dinner. I have not seen any info on the rehearsal dinner. We just started looking but I am so overwhelmed by everything. We also have two children daughters will be 7 and 3 in 2014 when we will be getting married.  Thanks for any help.  We really haven't created a budget yet because we have no clue what the round about we are looking at!!!! We will be having at most 35-40 people.  I have been looking at this site for a awhile now and figured it was time for more to post something to get some more help.  This site is awesome!!!

Congratulations Nicole!

i'm sure you'll find on this forum all the help you need ! Now Resorts are just perfect for your dream wedding

We help couples planning a beach destination wedding who want a splendid Wedding experience in Cancun and Riviera Maya get simple, elegant and romantic decoration without worring to deal with vendors who really dont care about your wedding. DO YOU KNOW ANYONE LIKE THAT?

#4 dreamweddings

dreamweddings

Insiders

• Insiders w/ Articles
        • 603 posts
          • LocationPlaya Del Carmen

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:52 PM

Hello Nicole,

congrats on planning a destination wedding and thumbs up on an early start!  If you heart is already set on Now resorts then search for official Now resorts posts on here you will find helpful idea, from other brides. 

Feel free to ask us anything and we will be happy to help!

Happy Planning

Joyce

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya- We pay attention to your wishes and coordinate closely with you to ensure your wedding or event is planned to perfection! Supporting you brides and help you feel less overwhelmed during the wedding planning process.

Have fun the best is yet to come!

This is where I will be posting all videos about most common question about Destination wedding

:)  https://www.facebook...64036763874450/

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya
          weddingsinplayadelcarmen@gmail.com
          http://www.dreamwedd.../Home_Page.html

Happy Planning!
          Joyce

#5 n0tURavrgeBride

n0tURavrgeBride
          • 26 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

Hi! and congrats on your engagement! I'm like your twin bride! I'm also getting married in 2014 (May), in Mayan Riviera and also have two kids that will be 7 and 3 on 2014 lol. Only difference my oldest is a boy.

I'm going through the exact same dilemma, but I'm very close to making my final decision on which resort will be choosing. We really like Azul Sensatori, i suggest you check it out. It's got various beautiful ceremony options, and it's a great resort for kids and families.

Other then that, my best advice is to just focus on finding the resort. Once booked, you can start working with the resort wedding coordinator and i'm sure they'll walk you through everything.

Good luck! 

#6 normas09

normas09
            • 175 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:10 AM

Nicole,

Congrats! I feel the same way though... I have no clue of how to narrow down a budget. Any advice from you ladies is appreciated!

~Norma

#7 Lyman

Lyman
              • 262 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:07 AM

Many of the brides here have mentioned budgeting an average amount of $1500/per guest. Of course, this is affected by which resort and options you choose, but could be a good starting point to work from, if you're starting off from "scratch". 

Wishing you all the best with your research, planning process and happy journey ahead.......relax and enjoy......CHeers! 

#8 normas09

normas09
                • 175 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:26 PM

Do you mean $1500 max budget that guest would pay for accommodations or $1500 you would pay for each person? The latter seems a lot. 

#9 MrsShoreytobe

MrsShoreytobe
                  • 315 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by normas09 

Do you mean $1500 max budget that guest would pay for accommodations or $1500 you would pay for each person? The latter seems a lot. 

I imagine she means 1500 to budget for travel/accom that GUESTS would pay. Although some b&g's have to pay for certain family members to come, depending on their situation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users