Sign in to follow this  
Melissa14

Uninvited Guest !!!!!venting!!!

Lolol!! Loving that retirement home quote!!! Amazing!! I'm having the same disclaimer because his family has some drama in it (mom vs step-mom) and I've already put the word out that they better pull on their big girl panties and play nice the whole week because I'm NOT putting up with their drama for the most important week of my life!! Lol! I have half a mind to tell my TA to place them on opposite sides of the resort ;)

Originally Posted by Billandstina View Post

Awwwww I would too at that point!! Congrats!! Is he wanting a bachelor party?

Nope I don't think so lol, he has not talked about it at all

But if he does I don't mind :)

He robbed the cradle with me lol we are 7 years apart!

Lolol!! Loving that retirement home quote!!! Amazing!! I'm having the same disclaimer because his family has some drama in it (mom vs step-mom) and I've already put the word out that they better pull on their big girl panties and play nice the whole week because I'm NOT putting up with their drama for the most important week of my life!! Lol! I have half a mind to tell my TA to place them on opposite sides of the resort wink.gif

Yeah that is my FI family drama, to the point where his dad and step mom arent coming because of it... I told them to pull up their big girl panties and put it aside, it is a big resort I am not asking them to hold hands and sing a song together, but they for whatever reason cant do it! My parents have been divorced forever and they arent each others biggest fans but they realize that this is bigger than the two of them and neither one of them want to miss the important day! Like it should be, and I dont understand how his father will explain that later in life, I missed my sons wedding becuase his mom was there, give me a break, if it was a money thing then fine we can understand that, but petty crap is what it is.

on a side note, I didnt want a shower either but have been told that isnt my call... just like I didnt want to go to the bridal show and I didnt want a big group while I tried on dresses, apperently I dont get choices its not like I'm the bride or anything LMAO

Ohhhh I'm so happy to hear this from someone else!! I was beginning to think I was the only weird bride who doesn't want a bachelorette party or shower! Lol! If I had to have a bachelorette I'd rather do a joint one with the FI or a cool spa day but honestly I'd be happy to forgo all of it...just wish he would too!! Lol

I don't want a shower or bachelorette either! All I really want is to be married and for it to be a destination wedding, so I'm a happy girl! We're doing a welcome bonfire the Friday night before the Saturday wedding and I figured any girls who are there can join me at the resort club for a mini bachelorette, since it seems like they're insisting on doing SOMETHING. FI is going to Vegas for his bachelor party though. Oy.

When is he going to Vegas? Oy is right! I'm dreading whenever FI goes! Lol

Sometime next month! I don't think they picked the weekend yet.

Haha will do! I'm sure it will help that I plan on basically having a marathon of TV shows that would make him roll his eyes and leave the room if he were home-- aka any of the Real Housewives!