Photo

Need Ideas: Post Your Favorite Workout!

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 SweetheartAggie

SweetheartAggie
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:23 PM

Also @ sweetheart I see ur pics of your amazing bod. What are your thoughts in food plans? I like chicken. Not a fish person. Was also thinking of having protein shakes with fruit for breakfast/lunch. What are your thoughts on that. Like whey protein ?

Thanks for the kind compliment. Diet is the main way to get tone muscles to show. I stick to a strict diet consisting to 2500cals until 4wks before a show when I start cutting carbs/salt and increasing water by a gallon/day. I will drop down to 1200cals the two weeks before a show and completely cut carbs at that time. I'll do the same leading up to my wedding. Training starts next week wich gives me a solid YEAR to get the body I want for our wedding. I am planning on competing again in November (assuming I'm in country) which is perfect timing for the wedding! :) As far as whey protein I usually only consume it as a post workout meal. I do all my AM cardio fasted so that puts me HUNGRY when it's over. And I'll have it again after Weights. I stick with a whey isolate - no sugars and extremely low in carbs. Otherwise, I eat lean protein at every meal - chicken, fish, and bison. I have eggs every morning for breakfast. That's my diet in a nutshell. :)

#22 DANIELLE03

DANIELLE03
    • 413 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 16, 2014
    • Wedding Location:RIU OCHO RIOS
    • LocationWINNIPEG,MANITOBA,CANADA

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:02 PM

Thanks for the kind compliment. Diet is the main way to get tone muscles to show. I stick to a strict diet consisting to 2500cals until 4wks before a show when I start cutting carbs/salt and increasing water by a gallon/day. I will drop down to 1200cals the two weeks before a show and completely cut carbs at that time. I'll do the same leading up to my wedding. Training starts next week wich gives me a solid YEAR to get the body I want for our wedding. I am planning on competing again in November (assuming I'm in country) which is perfect timing for the wedding! :) As far as whey protein I usually only consume it as a post workout meal. I do all my AM cardio fasted so that puts me HUNGRY when it's over. And I'll have it again after Weights. I stick with a whey isolate - no sugars and extremely low in carbs. Otherwise, I eat lean protein at every meal - chicken, fish, and bison. I have eggs every morning for breakfast. That's my diet in a nutshell. :)

Well that is very reasonable. :) I've tried to cut out carbs period lol but sometimes I can't resist! I <3 carbs lol. I have always been interested in training for a fitness comp. maybe not actually competing but putting in the work for a out come I may try and look into it here. Lol ppl tree might laugh and b like "uh u?" Lol and laugh but I enjoy weights. Thanks for the tips! Appreciate it!

#23 SweetheartAggie

SweetheartAggie
    • 43 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:22 PM

Thanks for the tips! Appreciate it!

Anytime! :) it's such a FUN journey! :)

#24 CAKnight

CAKnight
      • 197 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 11, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Key West, FL

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:56 PM

Zumba is really fun! If you haven't worked out in a while, it will be hard to keep up! It starts to get really fun when you start to know the moves to the song and your body is on auto-pilot! If you find a location that does Zumba classes, try to go Zumba toning and Zumba sentao. They kick Zumba up a notch. I lost a couple of inches after just 4 Zumba classes! 

#25 hezmshaw

hezmshaw
      • 223 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:01 AM

Really? A couple of inches??? Wow! I didn't have as much luck with Zumba I'm afraid, it was fun but didn't do much for weight loss. Hot Yoga was HORRIBLE lol, but just for me. I was so sick after, I puked and was realllllyyyy dehydrated. Looks like just regular cardio and weights are what ill have to do.

#26 CAKnight

CAKnight
        • 197 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:37 AM

Yep, I lost a couple of inches! It was surprising even to me! But, I also did (still try to do) it 4 times/week. How often did you do it? Sometimes you just have to find the right leader! So are a lot better than others! Maybe it is worth another try! :) Since you already do cardio, perhaps you could try a Zumba Sentao class. Basically you dance with a chair...it is harder than it seems! Trust me! But, you will feel it the next day

For the first week of me doing Zumba, I also did a detox. So I basically was on a restrictive vegan diet and was using a juicer that my FH had just given me. So, I would have a big SmartWater size bottle of real juice for breakfast/lunch and eat a "regular" meal for dinner. Plus, I wasn't really active before I started doing Zumba and my diet was...well, very American! lol.

I've had 9 Zumba classes in the last 2 weeks and I have dropped a dress size. 

Really? A couple of inches??? Wow! I didn't have as much luck with Zumba I'm afraid, it was fun but didn't do much for weight loss.

Hot Yoga was HORRIBLE lol, but just for me. I was so sick after, I puked and was realllllyyyy dehydrated.

Looks like just regular cardio and weights are what ill have to do.

#27 hezmshaw

hezmshaw
        • 223 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:04 PM

Wow! You've got me excited about Zumba again lol. I wasn't eating as healthy as I was then so ill probably have more success this time. I just need to lose 2 dress sizes, anything else is gravy! (To fit my dress, more to be beach ready lol)

#28 CAKnight

CAKnight
          • 197 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:50 PM

I'm so happy that my Zumba energy rubbed off on you! 

Wow! You've got me excited about Zumba again lol. I wasn't eating as healthy as I was then so ill probably have more success this time. I just need to lose 2 dress sizes, anything else is gravy! (To fit my dress, more to be beach ready lol)

#29 hezmshaw

hezmshaw
          • 223 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:08 PM

November 14, tons of time! The re centre I go to has a pretty great Zumba teacher but I think it's extra for Sentao, ill keep an eye out for a groupon!

#30 CAKnight

CAKnight
            • 197 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:25 PM

Oh yeah that is plenty of time to lose a couple of dress sizes plus some! At least you decided to get married before the holidays...so you will be able to enjoy all of the delicious holiday foods! :)

With the Groupon that I redeeming, it doesn't matter which Zumba class I attend...it can only be Zumba (and another type of class). So, I would just suggest reading the fine print of the Groupon and maybe calling them before buying it just to make sure! :) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users