alexisinjamaica

• Moderators
  • 562 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 13, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Secrets St. James, Montego Bay
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by cerise 

Good advice. Will have to start counting my calories too. Any tips as to a good (free to download) app?

MyFitnessPal is free too!

#12 cerise

cerise
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:38 AM

Good tips!

#13 cerise

cerise
    • 44 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:39 AM

Now just have to start using the aps! :)

#14 LKocelko

LKocelko
      • 350 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by uhura526 

Excellent tips, Alexis!  You have motivated me to give the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred a try. I am a bit fed up of the gym and want to try something different to possibly drop another 10lbs before my wedding in April so why not?  

I just started this Sunday....I almost died! Made me feel so out of shape, but I was a good sore the next day. I even got my FI to do it with me!

#15 alexisinjamaica

alexisinjamaica

• Moderators
        • 562 posts
        • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by LKocelko 

I just started this Sunday....I almost died! Made me feel so out of shape, but I was a good sore the next day. I even got my FI to do it with me!

Haha that definitely makes it more fun! I am always trying to get mine to do yoga with me and he claims he doesn't get a good workout. He must be doing something wrong, cause it is hard for me!

#16 LKocelko

LKocelko
        • 350 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by alexisinjamaica 

Haha that definitely makes it more fun! I am always trying to get mine to do yoga with me and he claims he doesn't get a good workout. He must be doing something wrong, cause it is hard for me!

I do Hot Yoga, I got my FI to come with me for a week. I think it was a way better workout than he was expecting!

#17 MrsBklovn

MrsBklovn
          • 79 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:58 AM

Thanks Alexis! I love Jillian's 30 day Shred. its definitely tough but gets the job done. My wedding isn't until December but I have a dress to fit into.

My Fitness Pal is also another motivator. Good Luck ladies!!!

#18 EVKnowsitall

EVKnowsitall
            • 593 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:38 AM

Although its a bit more pricey- Insanity is the business! I lost 60 pounds. The program takes 60 days to complete and you can lose upwards of 20 pounds in those 60 days. I started it a few months before I got engaged because at the time I also had braces and I wanted to transform myself completely. The braces came off and so did the weight! My fiancĀ© and I did it together and he actually turned into a huge healthnut after. It's 6 days a week- 45 minutes a day for 30 days then an hour for the next 30. It's high impact- I def cried the first day and I hated it but I stuck it out. I went from a size 14 to a size 2. I purchased my dress when I was sort of in between a 4 and a 2 and I think it's a bit snug because unlike most people who lose weight due to stress, I am a stress eater. And I have been stress eating :( but I'm 4 months until our wedding and if I lost 20 pounds in 60 days I can less in 120. And if I'm being honest about weight loss- I gave up alcohol while I did insanity and I loooove wine so that was a toughie. I also cut out white- white pasta, rice, bread, & replaced it with brown pasta, lean proteins and veggies. I also eat 5 meals but controlled portions. And yes- I occasionally cheat ;)
              Happily married to the love of my life- since July 5, 2013

#19 alexisinjamaica

alexisinjamaica

• Moderators
              • 562 posts
              • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by EVKnowsitall 

Although its a bit more pricey- Insanity is the business! I lost 60 pounds. The program takes 60 days to complete and you can lose upwards of 20 pounds in those 60 days. I started it a few months before I got engaged because at the time I also had braces and I wanted to transform myself completely. The braces came off and so did the weight! My fiancĀ© and I did it together and he actually turned into a huge healthnut after.

It's 6 days a week- 45 minutes a day for 30 days then an hour for the next 30. It's high impact- I def cried the first day and I hated it but I stuck it out. I went from a size 14 to a size 2. I purchased my dress when I was sort of in between a 4 and a 2 and I think it's a bit snug because unlike most people who lose weight due to stress, I am a stress eater. And I have been stress eating but I'm 4 months until our wedding and if I lost 20 pounds in 60 days I can less in 120.

And if I'm being honest about weight loss- I gave up alcohol while I did insanity and I loooove wine so that was a toughie. I also cut out white- white pasta, rice, bread, & replaced it with brown pasta, lean proteins and veggies. I also eat 5 meals but controlled portions. And yes- I occasionally cheat

Wow that is awesome. Go you! I started a boot camp on the beach that's 3 days a week. It's tough and I can definitely feel/see results but something tells me Insanity would be even crazier!

#20 missde09

missde09
              • 80 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:59 PM

Thanks this is great advice!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users