Wedding Favours... HELP!!!

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 AR-DreamWedding

AR-DreamWedding
  • 99 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:38 AM

Hey Ladies,

I have been tossing ideas over for the last six months and now it's nearing crunch time.

What are you guys giving for wedding favours?  Need help!

ARDreamWedding :)

#2 cinnagirl

cinnagirl
    • 261 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:23 AM

We're doing leather luggage tags that are doubling as place cards for the reception. I ordered them off Etsy in a really nice dark turquoise colour. They were more expensive than most favours, but I like that they are practical.

#3 Zoe Nguyen

Zoe Nguyen
      • Site Supporter
      • 132 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by cinnagirl 

We're doing leather luggage tags that are doubling as place cards for the reception. I ordered them off Etsy in a really nice dark turquoise colour. They were more expensive than most favours, but I like that they are practical.

I'm doing the same. :-) . Are you using mrandmrsfavors ? 

#4 alexisinjamaica

alexisinjamaica

• Moderators
        • 562 posts
        • Wedding Date:November 13, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Secrets St. James, Montego Bay
        • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:50 PM

Instead of favors at the wedding reception we're giving out our OOT bags the night before at a welcome bonfire. It'll be a reusable tote that says Jamaica and is filled with goodies, so hopefully people use the totes again at home!

#5 DP1andDP2

DP1andDP2
        • 55 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:58 PM

I've been going back and forth on the out of town bags versus wedding favors at the reception. I don't know yet what I want to do. Lugging around extra bags does not really appeal to me so I may be leaning toward favors. But the bags are so cool! Here are my ideas so far for favors:

1. folded fans

2. a small box of cigars at each table with personalized match books and a cutter

3. candy buffet (I don't mind lugging candy:)

4. personalized CD

Here is a link to my inspiration board.

http://pinterest.com...h-chic-wedding/

#6 Dazeydawl

Dazeydawl
          • 861 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

We are doing the welcome bags as well and handing them out at our welcome cocktail party. We are doing Jamaica canvas totes and filling them with the usual survival kits and what not. We are not doing a traditional wedding favour at the reception. Instead we opted to do post wedding wedding favours lol. We got custom USB flash drives made and we are sending them out with our thank you cards pre loaded with our professional pics from our photog. We are asking our photog to get nice individual family and couple pics and will customize the USB pics according to who it's getting sent to. This works for us cause everyone coming is really close family and friends. Here our USBs I love them so much! Posted Image

#7 cinnagirl

cinnagirl
            • 261 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by Zoe Nguyen 

I'm doing the same. :-) . Are you using mrandmrsfavors ? 

I was looking at mrandmrsfavors! I ended up going with EndlesslyElsie because there was a certain colour I wanted for the luggage tags. 

#8 melissaJF

melissaJF
              • Banned
              • 1 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by cinnagirl 

I was looking at mrandmrsfavors! I ended up going with EndlesslyElsie because there was a certain colour I wanted for the luggage tags. 

Budget-Conscious 2013 Weddings 

Leading flower girl dress online retailer flower girl dress for less.com announces a product line addition of flower girl dresses with buyer selectable sash, ribbon or flower accent colors and ship it for free http://www.flowergirldressforless.com/

#9 Zoe Nguyen

Zoe Nguyen
                • Site Supporter
                • 132 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:46 AM

Nice find. Have you ordered from them yet, how is the quality? I'm thinking the favor will be great to use as name tag as well.

#10 alexisinjamaica

alexisinjamaica

• Moderators
                  • 562 posts
                  • Wedding Date:November 13, 2014
                  • Wedding Location:Secrets St. James, Montego Bay
                  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Dazeydawl 

We are doing the welcome bags as well and handing them out at our welcome cocktail party. We are doing Jamaica canvas totes and filling them with the usual survival kits and what not. We are not doing a traditional wedding favour at the reception. Instead we opted to do post wedding wedding favours lol. We got custom USB flash drives made and we are sending them out with our thank you cards pre loaded with our professional pics from our photog. We are asking our photog to get nice individual family and couple pics and will customize the USB pics according to who it's getting sent to. This works for us cause everyone coming is really close family and friends. Here our USBs I love them so much!

What a great idea, and those are super cute!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users