Now Amber Resort in Puerto Vallarta Brides

Hello, my fiance & I are getting married at the Now Amber on June 17th, 2014. We will have approximately 55 guests attending the wedding & staying at the resort for the week. We pretty much have most of the planning done and the photographer booked.

I am wondering if anyone has used the resort's salon for their bridal hair & make-up and how it turned out. Please let me know if you have any advise on this.

Thank you :)

Spa & Salon Brochure Price List Attached

hi everyone! i'm looking to have my wedding 8/31/14! thanks for all the info on here! makes me feel better! did anyone ever answer the question about prices for hair and makeup at the salon? i don't trust myself to do my own :(. also, i'm scared about the resort dj. did anyone use them?

thanks so much!

Here is a Salon & Spa Brochure Price List Attached - Hair & Make-Up Trials are half of the regular price.

post-276247-0-59593900-1390347139_thumb.jpg

post-276247-0-49622700-1390347215_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Yes, I'd be interested in the opinions of hair and makeup too! Although I wonder how much the results will depend on your individual hair texture and complexion.

My next point of stress is room blocks! Did anyone block rooms for their guests? I'm going through destinationweddings.com, which acts kinda like a middleman, and the way the agent explained it I'm totally confused :(. From what I understand, we can only block rooms for 30 days, then we have to pay a deposit of $200 per room to hold them. At some point, we are financially responsible for them but we are confused as to when. We are not comfortable with putting down all that money while people wait until May or June to book! Our wedding is Aug 31. Does anyone know how this works?

Thank you!!!

Yes, I'd be interested in the opinions of hair and makeup too! Although I wonder how much the results will depend on your individual hair texture and complexion.

My next point of stress is room blocks! Did anyone block rooms for their guests? I'm going through destinationweddings.com, which acts kinda like a middleman, and the way the agent explained it I'm totally confused :(. From what I understand, we can only block rooms for 30 days, then we have to pay a deposit of $200 per room to hold them. At some point, we are financially responsible for them but we are confused as to when. We are not comfortable with putting down all that money while people wait until May or June to book! Our wedding is Aug 31. Does anyone know how this works?

Thank you!!!

We did not block any rooms or use a travel agent. All our guests booked their own trips online. I also did not want to be responsible for the cost of any rooms if the block of rooms was not fully used. It has turned out okay so far and I felt between the Secrets side and the Now Amber side there would be more than enough space for people.

• Like 1

Hi ladies

I originally had my wedding booked at Dreams PV and with all the changes I have moved to the Now Amber - we had no choice. Our wedding is late April 2014. 

I was on a work trip in November and managed to switch the wedding the day we left so I ended up booking a room for night at Now Amber since we were close by. 

The beach locations / gazebo are not as great as Dreams PV would have been, but something I will have to get over. I am having ceremony at the Gazebo overlooking the beach but have some requests to make the area more private (remove the loungers on beach in front,use the grass area with the palapas beside the gazebo for the cocktail hour for more privacy. We are having the reception at the La Vista Terrace as it is more private and less noisy. 

Since I was there I have photos of ALL these areas, if you want to provide me with an email I could send you some (I did a detailed review for someone I knew who was also looking at this resort). 

I am starting from scratch with the planning since I had everything done at Dreams PV, hoping to have everything firmed up by mid February, we currently have 50 guests but a few still looking to book. 

Jessica, my name is Cynthia and if you wouldnt mind sending me whatever information you have on Now Amber I would greatly appreciate it. Like you, my fiance and I were planning on having our wedding at Dreams PV but then changed to Now Amber. We are planning on a site visit in March to get some things arranged. Our wedding date is June 28th. It would be great to be able to make a game plan prior to our site vist so that we are better prepared. It also sounds like we are going to have the same amount of guests as we currently have around 55 booked and waiting for a few more. Thank you in advance for your help

paulandcynthia2014@yahoo.com

Cynthia

Hi! I'm getting married at Now Amber on November 9, 2014. I have some photos from past events that the hotel's photographer sent me. When I asked Fatima for photos she had me email him personally. Let me know if you'd like to see them.

Is anyone else hiring another photographer in addition to the one that comes with the package? If so, who? I emailed Tom Moks (love his work) but he's in Costa Rica right now and said he'd contact me when he returned. I don't want to fly out the photographer I love from San Diego so if you have any suggestions, that would be great.

Also, did anyone else get the 'discounted' rates for the room block from Fatima? I've shared it with my guests and were all confused as to why our price is higher than what is on the website??? :mellow: I emailed Fatima this morning and am still waiting for her reply.

Also, what is everyone else's guests doing in regards to booking their hotel and flight? Are you telling your guests they are responsible for finding their way there or going through a travel agency? I'm not sure how it all works but I would love to make it simple for our guests and have the best deal available for them. November is coming up soon and I want my guests to be able to book now so hopefully the trip will be paid for before they get there.

Thank you!

Hi! I'm getting married at Now Amber on November 9, 2014. I have some photos from past events that the hotel's photographer sent me. When I asked Fatima for photos she had me email him personally. Let me know if you'd like to see them.

Is anyone else hiring another photographer in addition to the one that comes with the package? If so, who? I emailed Tom Moks (love his work) but he's in Costa Rica right now and said he'd contact me when he returned. I don't want to fly out the photographer I love from San Diego so if you have any suggestions, that would be great.

Also, did anyone else get the 'discounted' rates for the room block from Fatima? I've shared it with my guests and were all confused as to why our price is higher than what is on the website??? :mellow: I emailed Fatima this morning and am still waiting for her reply.

Also, what is everyone else's guests doing in regards to booking their hotel and flight? Are you telling your guests they are responsible for finding their way there or going through a travel agency? I'm not sure how it all works but I would love to make it simple for our guests and have the best deal available for them. November is coming up soon and I want my guests to be able to book now so hopefully the trip will be paid for before they get there.

Thank you!

Hi! I have booked an outside photographer, we went with Photoshoots Vallarta based soley on recommendations from these forums. The photos they sent me from previous weddings looked awesome as well and they were extremely reasonably priced.

For myself I went through a travel agency and we made a group booking through Air Canada Vacations, for us that was a good way to go because we knew who all was planning on coming, but it wouldn't be a great option if you weren't sure who was planning on going. This is because the group pricing is generally only held for a short period of time, I think ours was only 30 days or so.

Hope that helps!

• Like 1

Hi fellow Now Amber Planners :)

My fiance and I will be getting married at Now Amber in April.  This thread has helped me and I wanted to continue to connect with brides planning and also help provide some information.  We will be getting married at the Gazebo with the reception at the Terrace.  We are using Photoshoots Vallarta for photography and videography.  I am probably the MOST excited about Photoshoots right now, because their work looks amazing and I can't wait for them to help us capture our day.  We also used a travel agency to help us secure the 3G Group Rate for our hotel guests.  

I would love to hear about wedding choices that other brides decided to go with or opinions from brides who have been married there!  The resort is so new there isn't a lot of photos/reviews out there.  

Thanks all!

Lisa

Hey guys!  I am so happy to have found this thread.  We are getting married at Now Amber on May 31st!  We had some friends get married at Now Jade and they loved it so that is why we chose Now Amber.  From reading reviews I am so excited to finally see this place and get married there.  We anticipate having 40-50 guests and are getting the divine package.  So far everything in the planning process has gone smoothly, being in contact with Edith and now Fatima has been pleasant and she responds quickly.  We are using a travel agent from a local place and she has been awesome so far so I am glad we chose that route.  We are going to use the photographer there, I have seen his work and it is beautiful.  Anyway, hope to keep in contact with everyone and learn more about Now Amber!

Wow! so glad to read all these new posts! we are working with the resort through destinationweddings.com. the room block situation with them is a bit confusing but (kinda) glad to hear it's just as confusing to go through the resort directly! our room rates through dw.com is a little bit better than what's offered on the website. they might have some exclusive deals with them.

regarding photographer, i'm digging through the internet trenches for alternative photographers bc i don't like the resort photographer at all. i found car and mel photography http://www.carandmel.com/#!/index. they are super cheap! i think their pictures look pretty good but i don't have a great eye for that. anyone heard of them?