2013 Grand Palladium Punta Cana BRIDES!

Hey Everyone, 

I`m also planning on getting married at the GPPC this December. Has anyone gotten 

quotes yet, i`m in Ottawa wondering if you guys got your group rates yet. 

I`m planning to have over 60 guests, but not all from Canada though, hopefully i`ll be able to get accommodation for all my guests, instead of the resorts only.

Originally Posted by Fabiola C View Post

Hey Everyone, 

I`m also planning on getting married at the GPPC this December. Has anyone gotten 

quotes yet, i`m in Ottawa wondering if you guys got your group rates yet. 

I`m planning to have over 60 guests, but not all from Canada though, hopefully i`ll be able to get accommodation for all my guests, instead of the resorts only.

Hi Fabiola :) you're gettin married Dec 2013? exciting! and congrats!

I went through Marlin Travel and i was able to get a 7-night all inclusive price of  $1158 (Tax in) for adults (double occupancy) and $772 all incl for kids....i dont know, but i think this is pretty good...and hoping the price tag will entice people to book ASAP! We are invited about 70 people, even people from south america, Alberta and Florida....so i'm waiting on those quotes from my travel agent.  I hope you get something soon!

Hey Everyone,  I`m also planning on getting married at the GPPC this December. Has anyone gotten  quotes yet, i`m in Ottawa wondering if you guys got your group rates yet.  I`m planning to have over 60 guests, but not all from Canada though, hopefully i`ll be able to get accommodation for all my guests, instead of the resorts only.
Hi Fabiola C, I'm deciding about getting married this summer at GPPC and I'm also from Ottawa :) I got a group quote for $1200, but that's also August which is not high season. Seems like a great place and has great reviews. We're looking at just under 50 guests. I'll keep you posted on what we decide :) We're using a travel agent we met at the bridal show in January.

Hey, 

Congratulations, Thank you soo much. I'm still trying to get a TA for December, but how long ago did you send out your save the dates. I was thinking to send them in May and get a Reply by July. I mean do you think that's far? I see here people send them out at least a year In advance. I feel like i'm soo far behind. lol.

Email me: Fmcorioland@yahoo.ca when you get a chance. I'm soo happy that your wedding is in August you can let me know how everything worked out. And what deals and freebies your TA was able to help you gain.

Originally Posted by NEandLovingIt View Post

Hi Fabiola C,

I'm deciding about getting married this summer at GPPC and I'm also from Ottawa :)

I got a group quote for $1200, but that's also August which is not high season. Seems like a great place and has great reviews. We're looking at just under 50 guests. I'll keep you posted on what we decide :) We're using a travel agent we met at the bridal show in January.

Question for you: Do you have any concerns that it would be too hot in August? Or it looks like that's the rainy season (and potentially hurricane season?), how does that play into your planning? We're set to book for the end of January, but in reality August-ish would work much better, and I could even maybe swing it so our wedding date is our dating anniversary!

Originally Posted by Melissa Epple View Post

Congratualtions!! So exciting!

But first of all don't worry! I was very confused as well before I got to the resort and had my meeting with Kenya. Its hard because your planning everything through email so its hard to imagine how it will all turn out but try not to stress over it at all though, it honestly all works out :)

She does send an itinerary to you a few days before the wedding so you know what time you have to be ready, when your guests have to be at the wedding site and what time the groom and groomsmen need to be there. it all depends what time your wedding is, which could change because K was told 1pm for my wedding but it was moved to 3pm once we actually got to the resort. Ae you wondering about your music that you will walk down the aisle too?

Just out any music you have on an iPod or cd and they will play it for you. I was. married at the ocean view Gazebo and we just had the song for us girls to walk down the aisle too and then a couple more to have playing after the wedding because they do hand out champagne and everyone kind of stands around and chats and takes pictures so you just need a bit of music to play while all that is going on. Plus they do have music that they can play as well.

Hope that maybe helps a bit?

Congratulations again!! :)

Hey Melissa! Can you tell me who you used as your photographer and/or videographer? And how did they do?

Awesome info! That's great help for me too. I'm getting married July 1st this year. I am working with a destination planner. She requires $500 fee and 20 guests minimum. In case anyone is interested the company is called L'escape Destination Weddings. http://lescape.com/  I highly recommend using one as they are a one stop shop for all your destination wedding needs - from picking the resort to planning your wedding day. I was dealing with Jasprit and she's great!