Photo

RIU Ocho Rios Bride 2013

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#21 jamaicawedding1

jamaicawedding1
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:21 AM

I only booked mine 10 months in advance.

#22 jamaicawedding1

jamaicawedding1
    • 8 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:32 AM

Hi,

I'm new on this site and honesly have no clue what I'm doing, but I'll get 'er a whirl.

I'm getting married ROR Jan. 23, 2014.  Does anyone have any tips on packages, flowers, etc.?  I'm finding the packages kind of tricky to accomidate all of our guest without buying things we don't really want... Riu T-shirts.  Suggestions?

#23 jamaicawedding1

jamaicawedding1
      • 8 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:21 AM

I only booked mine 10 months in advance.

#24 jamaicawedding1

jamaicawedding1
        • 8 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:32 AM

Hi,

I'm new on this site and honesly have no clue what I'm doing, but I'll get 'er a whirl.

I'm getting married ROR Jan. 23, 2014.  Does anyone have any tips on packages, flowers, etc.?  I'm finding the packages kind of tricky to accomidate all of our guest without buying things we don't really want... Riu T-shirts.  Suggestions?

#25 allirose

allirose
          • 19 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:58 PM

Hey I'm november[quote name="mayems" url="/t/84381/riu-ocho-rios-bride-2013#post_1866893"]Greetings Riu brides, I'm getting married at Riu on November 13, 2013! Pretty exciting, finally under the year mark. IrishGirlMD, I was just wondering how you booked the disco. Did you get into contact with Keisha? I've been waiting for her to get back to me but no luck yet. Hope everyone's planning is

#26 Ordinarygirl

Ordinarygirl
            • 6 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:33 PM

I booked mine online a year in advance!

#27 Ordinarygirl

Ordinarygirl
              • 6 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:39 PM

Hello Riu Brides, I'm getting married 11.02.2013 @ Riu Ocho Rios and we just came back from a site visit. We toured the resort and had a chance to view the different wedding and reception locations. We also had lunch at one of the restaurants and was given some jerk chicken from The Hut! We requested the site visit because we had some concerns and as a result we feel a lot better having Riu host our wedding. We booked our wedding October 2012. Riu sent us a confirmation by email, which we had to confirm within 7 days. We are working with a wedding planner for our group accommodations. I am so grateful to have Lisa working with me, because I don't think I could have done this alone. We've had lots of communication with Keisha from Riu and yes it does take a while for her to respond. That's probably the most frustrating part of the planning process, but don't let that spoil your excitement of your special day. This to shall pass... We will not be using the standard wedding cake that comes with the package. We requested a 2 tier traditional Jamaican rum fruit cake with white icing. We were provided with a sample of the cake during our visit. Very Very Nice! And we have our own cake topper. We are brining our own decorations for the wedding and reception. Centerpiece, sash, paper lanterns, and pedals etc... The hard part is out of the way! WooHoo... Please let me know if you have any questions. Future Mrs. Grant

#28 allirose

allirose
                • 19 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:58 PM

Hi all congrats! I am getting married there nov 5th. What photographers is everyone using ? And I still have not heard from Keisha should I just email her or will she contact me? Thanks

Attached Files

#29 allirose

allirose
                  • 19 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:27 AM

Hey ordinarygirl congrats ill b seeing u there! since we r not going there early to check out the place were r u going to b putting things for the ceremony? I have no idea what things look like, do u think Keisha would send pictures of the place? Thanks

#30 Ordinarygirl

Ordinarygirl
                    • 6 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:04 AM

Hey ordinarygirl congrats ill b seeing u there! since we r not going there early to check out the place were r u going to b putting things for the ceremony? I have no idea what things look like, do u think Keisha would send pictures of the place? Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users