Photo

Skinny Bitch

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 coming together

coming together
  • 162 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 03:10 PM

Have you read it?? I am almost finished, and it is quite the eye opener. I am a huge animal lover, so it has definitely changed my mind on eating meat.. Did you know that being a vegetarian saves 100 animals a yr??

Anyway, it has some great ideas.. and is really blunt on what girls need to do to be skinny. It does throw out cuss words here and there.. but I think that is to set the tone.. sort of like a tough love.

I totally recommend it!!!!!

#2 foxytv

foxytv
    • VIP Member
    • 7,740 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 03:14 PM

Is this a book, I presume? Never heard of it but all for learning how to become a "skinny bitch" ... as long as they don't throw personal beliefs and such down your throat. Just get it at a bookstore?

#3 coming together

coming together
      • 162 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 03:48 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by foxytv
        Is this a book, I presume? Never heard of it but all for learning how to become a "skinny bitch" ... as long as they don't throw personal beliefs and such down your throat. Just get it at a bookstore?
        Yep, it's a book.. Check it out.. It's under $20..

#4 *JillD*

*JillD*
        • 5,112 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 03:49 PM

I was thinking of buying it, maybe when I get back

#5 DreaW

DreaW
          • Banned
          • 2,462 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 03:53 PM

i think I'm going to get this....they have one for recipes....

#6 Alisarosenbaum

Alisarosenbaum
            • 88 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 04:07 PM

I read this and thought it was amusing...but 100% did not agree with it. They basically support only being a vegan..and urge you to eat nothing but organic "processed" food, like all morningstar farms and stuff. It is a cute read, but I would take it with a grain of salt!

#7 babycow

babycow
              • 367 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 04:28 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Alisarosenbaum
                I read this and thought it was amusing...but 100% did not agree with it. They basically support only being a vegan..and urge you to eat nothing but organic "processed" food, like all morningstar farms and stuff. It is a cute read, but I would take it with a grain of salt!
                Yup, I got it mostly for laughs.
                I'm not through it all yet, but have noticed how they promote a lot of speacialty brands. They also make a lot of generalizations and although it sounds all scientific I wouldn't take it seriously without doing your own homework.
                http://i206.photobuc....DERICA_242.jpg
                Erica and Tim
                Dreams Tulum
                Mexico
                May 17, 2008

#8 NYJen

NYJen
                • 1,326 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 05:09 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Alisarosenbaum
                  Yup, I read it last week and that's exactly what I thought. The book does have some good health points, but I don't agree that being a vegan is the only way to be healthy (hence skinny.) But it's a good/fun read.

I posted this on another thread - just be carefully, there's a whole chapter dedicated to the graphic details of what goes on in some slaughterhouses. That may be too much for some of you to read, just skip that chapter.

#9 coreyphil

coreyphil
                  • 497 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 05:16 PM

Just browsed it, so don't know much about it ... but what I did read was hilarious! Especially about the artificial sweetners in diet sodas ... it made me think twice and i've definitely cut down (but I confess I can't completely give them up and I LOVE splenda ...). Since I haven't read it, I'm not sure how "accurate" it is thought ... I think after reading that part about artificial sweetners, the New England Journal of Medicine came out with a long-term study that showed that saccharin doesn't cause cancer and isn't as harmful as once thought ...

Regardless - find whatever works for you! Thanks for the recommendation!!

#10 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 8,680 posts
                    • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
                    • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
                    • LocationUtah

Posted 27 January 2008 - 07:58 PM

I broke down and bought the book today. I read the first chapter and was like "I need to read the rest of this book". I love their tone, look here fat pig and lazy ass LOL

I haven't put it down yet...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users