#1 alexisinjamaica

alexisinjamaica

• Moderators
  • 562 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 13, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Secrets St. James, Montego Bay
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:16 PM

It’s January and cold in dreary in most places. Even LA, where I am, is just getting out of an extremely cold couple of weeks. Since we can't be physically warm, let's get a thread going of our dream destinations to escape the weather! I'll start with a couple pics from the Four Seasons Bora Bora, where I'd rather be right now (or where I'd rather be pretty much anytime.)

What's yours?

#2 Dazeydawl

Dazeydawl
  • 861 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

Haha LA being really cold, that makes me laugh a little. Well here in Winnipeg we are sitting at -32C with the wind chill factor bringing it down to about -40C so I would rather be pretty much anywhere. So aside from Jamaica for my wedding I'm going to go with my honeymoon spot. I'd rather be in Bali Posted Image Posted Image

#3 alexisinjamaica

alexisinjamaica

• Moderators
    • 562 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 13, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Secrets St. James, Montego Bay
    • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Dazeydawl 

Haha LA being really cold, that makes me laugh a little.

Well here in Winnipeg we are sitting at -32C with the wind chill factor bringing it down to about -40C so I would rather be pretty much anywhere. So aside from Jamaica for my wedding I'm going to go with my honeymoon spot.
    I'd rather be in Bali

Haha I know. But I swear until this weekend it was cold (for us!) Bali looks gorgeous! Jealous!!

#4 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:04 PM

It is raining and has been chilly here.  I would love to be in the Maldives!  Look at that water!!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#5 alyssaw

alyssaw
    • Huddler
    • 53 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:38 PM

We were lucky enough to go to Bora Bora on our honeymoon! We stayed at the

#6 CourtandMatt

CourtandMatt
      • 366 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Tammy Host 

It is raining and has been chilly here.  I would love to be in the Maldives!  Look at that water!!

I want to be there!  Tammy, do you know what resort that is??

#7 Dazeydawl

Dazeydawl
        • 861 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

It looks very similar to the resort in that movies couples retreat. I think in that movie it was a Wynn property

#8 monicas

monicas
          • Huddler
          • 4 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:49 PM

This time last year I was in Bali. The image above is at a small chocolate factory owned by an American guy. He also built the giant swing that you can see in the photo. It's a far location for planning a wedding - and flights are long and expensive - but once you're there, everything is really cheap. And one other tip: I visited the Four Seasons hotel in Ubud (the town where Eat Pray Love was filmed) - and I must say it was one of the most beautiful places on earth. Highly recommended if anyone ever wants to plan a wedding there. :) If you want to daydream a little, or maybe who knows, plan your honeymoon there, check out their photo slideshow: http://www.fourseaso...t&_s_icmp=mmenu

#9 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
            • 11,659 posts
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Dazeydawl 

It looks very similar to the resort in that movies couples retreat. I think in that movie it was a Wynn property

Six Senses Laamu

and 

Constance Haleveli 

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
            Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
            Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
            Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
            sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
            Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#10 GauchoSteph

GauchoSteph
            • Huddler
            • 66 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

It's drizzling and grey in San Francisco.

If I could teleport back to Boracay in the Philippines, I'd be in a beach hut getting a $10 massage right now!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users