Best food

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 amandances

• 28 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:00 AM

Hi all! Newbie here trying to figure out a resort in the Riviera Maya area. Food is extremely important to my FI and myself. We are both foodies and my dad is a chef so we can be pickier than most. We have been to two different all inclusives in the DR for weddings with terrible foods and don't want to risk the same thing happening at our wedding. We've been to the Riviera Maya twice before the first time for a wedding at El Dorado Royale (which we loved)and for a regular vacation at Valentin Imperial Maya (which we enjoyed besides the lunch options) The problem is as of right now we are having to look at a child friendly resort. If we can't find a family friendly resort that lives up to our expectations than the discussion of an adult only resort will have to be had with my FI's extended family. As of right now most of our guests have said they don't plan on bringing their children but my future mother in law is insisting that her niece and nephew need to bring their kids... Thanks! Amanda

#2 AllieH

• Resort/Area Ambassadors
    • 2,014 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
    • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
    • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:10 AM

Hi Amanda, If you've been to EDR, then you already know the quality of the food that Karisma resorts put out. Have you considered one of their Azul Resorts? They are the family-friendly versions.

I've heard that the Azul Sensatori has an adults-only area as well, so that's the best of both worlds. Azul Fives and Azul Beach are smaller resorts, also Karisma's and family friendly.

here is one of the AS threads:

and the Official thread that Miriam has started with all of the resort/wedding info:

Happy planning!!

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#3 gillianr718

• 14 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:19 AM

I'm getting married at Karisma's Azul Beach Hotel, which is a sister resort to the Eldorado.  Some of the reasons we chose it are that it is supposed to have really good food and wine and it's family friendly.Happy searching!

#4 pkroach

• Site Supporter
      • 4 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:25 PM

We have also chosen the Azul Beach Hotel for my daughter's wedding. We have also heard the food is very good there and it is very personable due to it not being a large hotel.

#5 brownsugarbride

• 599 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by pkroach 

We have also chosen the Azul Beach Hotel for my daughter's wedding. We have also heard the food is very good there and it is very personable due to it not being a large hotel.

I was looking at Azul Beach---are they charging a lot for outside vendors?

#6 pkroach

• Site Supporter
          • 4 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:38 PM

They do charge extra for outside vendors, but it seems like all the resorts do. We were told they do not allow an outside DJ onsite, but I have not seen any bad reviews for the DJ they allow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users