#191 murmel

murmel
  • Resort/Area Ambassadors
  • 1,407 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

Posted 14 August 2015 - 09:38 AM

Hi Briana,

Funny enough Zocalo al Fresco is likely my favorite site LOL. I know the photos don't show that great, but it's a covered terrace on the back of the Mexican restaurant. You have an ocean view and there are fans in the ceiling to help move air if it's hot out. A bar is directly attached and bathrooms are close by. It is a very private location, which is an added bonus of being able to celebrate with just your guests. (i could not use the location since we had to many guests) For decorating, I would suggest nice table decor with some small lights/candles. Don't try to over decorate, the view and atmosphere creates a wonderful space already. Plus the chairs are really nice (compared to the folding white wooden ones).

For your ceremony, I would suggest look into sunset times and plan accordingly. You don't want to be up there too late and not be able to see the view. It can be windy up there, so a smaller veil or having your hair back might be a good plan.

Good luck!

Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

Official Azul Sensatori thread:

http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/

#192 Aliyedwinramirez

Aliyedwinramirez
  • 81 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 3, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori
  • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 14 August 2015 - 05:08 PM

Hey girls,

Had my 2nd surprise today after more than a year of wedding planning.

I believed that if you didn't want food during your cocktail hour, you wouldn't have to pay extra to host a cocktail hour. I thought the cost of the reception per person rate included cocktail hour alcohol. Was I way off for thinking that way? I understand if I'm dumb for thinking that way but I'm looking at every single email between my coordinator and I and there is never a mention of a mandatory cost per person for cocktail hour.

We spoke on the phone today and she told me I needed to select food for my cocktail hour and I was confused. I said, I just thought it would be a bar setup is all. She said it was a $20 per person minimum if I wanted only bar service since I had reserved a private function area. This is out of budget for us as we have 150 guests coming (yeah; I know it's a lot. Didn't expect that many) and, we just can't do it.

Any advice? I feel so lost/sad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#193 amyzig2

amyzig2
  • 71 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 05:44 PM

@aliyedwinrameriz i am so sorry that sucks! I was offered a "unlimited events" promotion that says after 21 rooms are booked I could have 1 cocktail party a day included. They would have to pick the location and it only includes beer and each guest receiving 1 "signature" drink and a few lit bites again that they pick. But it's included in the price
    That really a shame that for the Amy of ppl you are bringing there they can't give you at least 1 party! Maybe you should try to talk to someone else there?

If you want it to be a private function though, I'm not sure they will nudge. Just from my little experience that seems to be the case

#194 Aliyedwinramirez

Aliyedwinramirez
    • 81 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 06:40 PM

Thanks @amyzig2 - my family and I feel that with the amount of people we are bringing and the amount we are spending already that we shouldn't be paying anymore money to them. Personally, I feel any time wedding is added in a sentence, it's another 20-30% marked up.

My mom thinks I should just have it at one of their bars. She's kind of like, "let their staff deal with 150 people in one lump and see how they like it." I just don't know how my guests would react.

Any brides not have a private cocktail hour and have a great experience?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#195 Aliyedwinramirez

Aliyedwinramirez
    • 81 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 04:43 AM

Follow up from the weekend; Basically; a person price is listed in fine print but every email between the coordinator and I implies the price for cocktail hour is optional depending on what I want so I wrongfully assumed that because we hosted a private reception, we could still have a cocktail hour at the cost of decor and optional food service. Miscommunication on my end but no clarification from the wedding coordinator in which, I figured that's what the the wedding's job is to do.

Any feedback from brides who didn't have a traditional cocktail hour and had it at one of their lounges or something like that?

Wedding coordinator's job is to do. - have a conference call with her today so we will see what happens.

#196 BecomingaRiggio

BecomingaRiggio
    • 134 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 21, 2015
    • Locationdallas, texas

Posted 18 August 2015 - 04:51 AM

Are you using a travel agent? You shoukd check with her and see if you booked during the promo's. Really? At 150 people, you should have a cocktail hour and a dinner at no cost to you

#197 Aliyedwinramirez

Aliyedwinramirez
    • 81 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 04:55 AM

I do and already checked. Since I booked in Jul 2014, the promo I have is for every ten rooms booked, one is free. That was another surprise with Karisma. In the contract it doesn't state the amount of rooms you could receive complimentary and they capped it at 4 when we were under the impression it was 6 rooms. Even though we fought it, Karisma kept saying no.

#198 LuluMai22

LuluMai22
    • 7 posts
    • Wedding Date:September 27, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori, Mexico
    • LocationVirginia

Posted 18 August 2015 - 07:35 AM

For us it has been a true nightmare. They are super slow in getting back to us, they are not giving us the right night comp amount. They are also trying to squeeze every penny out of us. 

By the way, we were considering changing our location to Zocalo but they told us that it would be an extra $1000 (even though we've paid for the private event and we had been assured that there was no extra cost for that location before we signed the contract). It was then that we knew they were trying to take advantage of us.  They are also trying to charge us two vendor fees because we have photography and videographer, even though they are on one contract. 

The travel agency has been less than helpful, giving us incorrect information, not answering our questions.

Just a nightmare. :(

#199 Aliyedwinramirez

Aliyedwinramirez
    • 81 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 12:46 PM

:-( just got off my conference call and they don't know if they will allow for 150 ppl to be at Mojito lounge. Had to cancel trio.

#200 BecomingaRiggio

BecomingaRiggio
    • 134 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 21, 2015
    • Locationdallas, texas

Posted 18 August 2015 - 12:54 PM

Dont tell them anything. Their job is to sell. The on site coordinators in Mexico can pull anything off. Maybe you can request your on site meeting earlier

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users