Photo

Ceremony ideas..

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 coming together

coming together
  • 162 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 01:01 PM

Well I am not sure what category this fits in, but I need help with planning our ceremony. We are officially getting married in the States, and my FI's brother is going to do the beach ceremony, but we arent' sure what to do. We aren't very religious, so we don't have any prereq's. My Wedding planner wants to know a rough draft by the 29th of this month. We also need to have our music picked out (for the Ceremony).. I have some ideas, but if you all would share some ideas I would be forever greatful. Please help..

#2 foxytv

foxytv
    • VIP Member
    • 7,740 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 02:08 PM

We are signing our legal papework in the States as well. For our DW ceremony, it will be very minimal. The general vows they say in the DR, plus the Hand Ceremony, which will be read by my Uncle.

I have downloaded some songs to play before the ceremony (as people are being seated) but haven't chosen the definite songs or order yet.

We'll playing "Ground Control to Major Tom" for FI to signify for Groom and GM to be in position. Not sure of what for the BM's yet.

I am walking down the aisle to the "Over the Rainbow" version from 50 First Dates.

No music during actual ceremony and we'll start-up Smashmouth;s "I'm A Believer" from Shrek as soon as we say I DO and walk back down the aisle to that one.

Does that help at all? I can get you names of songs ... but not right now (I'm at work and can't log in to iTunes to grab 'em).

#3 Lorilou

Lorilou
      • 533 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 02:12 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by coming together
        Well I am not sure what category this fits in, but I need help with planning our ceremony. We are officially getting married in the States, and my FI's brother is going to do the beach ceremony, but we arent' sure what to do. We aren't very religious, so we don't have any prereq's. My Wedding planner wants to know a rough draft by the 29th of this month. We also need to have our music picked out (for the Ceremony).. I have some ideas, but if you all would share some ideas I would be forever greatful. Please help..
        Someone posted this a while ago on here, i just changed the names. the last poem is something I was thinking of substituting for one of the readings. Again, I DO NOT take any credit for this, someone else on this forum posted it prior.

Attached Files

#4 foxytv

foxytv
        • VIP Member
        • 7,740 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 02:20 PM

Lorilou, I'm going to be using some of the lines from that as well. Thanks for reposting!

#5 coming together

coming together
          • 162 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 02:21 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by foxytv
            We are signing our legal papework in the States as well. For our DW ceremony, it will be very minimal. The general vows they say in the DR, plus the Hand Ceremony, which will be read by my Uncle.

I have downloaded some songs to play before the ceremony (as people are being seated) but haven't chosen the definite songs or order yet.

We'll playing "Ground Control to Major Tom" for FI to signify for Groom and GM to be in position. Not sure of what for the BM's yet.

I am walking down the aisle to the "Over the Rainbow" version from 50 First Dates.

No music during actual ceremony and we'll start-up Smashmouth;s "I'm A Believer" from Shrek as soon as we say I DO and walk back down the aisle to that one.

Does that help at all? I can get you names of songs ... but not right now (I'm at work and can't log in to iTunes to grab 'em).
            Thanks that does help.. I was going to use that song "Over the rainbow" for the bridal party.. I was thinking of using "It's a beautiful Day" -U2 for when we walk back .. I am still unsure of my bridal march though.. We got engaged in Vegas when we went to see Dave Matthew's, Dave played Crash into me for the opener (my favorite Dave song). They made a live CD of the concert we went to.. what do you think about me walking down to that version?? From the concert??

#6 Lorilou

Lorilou
            • 533 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 02:21 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by foxytv
              Lorilou, I'm going to be using some of the lines from that as well. Thanks for reposting!
              no worries, i'm glad I could help. We should thank who ever originally posted, don't remember who though!

#7 foxytv

foxytv
              • VIP Member
              • 7,740 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 02:22 PM

Quote:
                Thanks that does help.. I was going to use that song "Over the rainbow" for the bridal party.. I was thinking of using "It's a beautiful Day" -U2 for when we walk back .. I am still unsure of my bridal march though.. We got engaged in Vegas when we went to see Dave Matthew's, Dave played Crash into me for the opener (my favorite Dave song). They made a live CD of the concert we went to.. what do you think about me walking down to that version?? From the concert??
                Sure, why not? I think it's best to play meaningful music if you have some. That sounds like a great idea.

#8 brigopens

brigopens
                • 247 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 12:59 AM

Quote:
                  We got engaged in Vegas when we went to see Dave Matthew's, Dave played Crash into me for the opener (my favorite Dave song). They made a live CD of the concert we went to.. what do you think about me walking down to that version?? From the concert??
                  Well look at that, we've been to a concert together and didn't even know it!!!

As DMB loyalists, Amy & I think that's a great idea and talked about something similar. We're probably having our first dance to "Steady As We Go" and there will surely be tons of Dave sprinkled into the wedding, reception, and rest of the events we have down there. We debated on I'll Back You Up, but decided the words are a little too garbled for most people to get on the first time through...

Too bad you're out in California instead of a a Tennessee lamb marrying a dixie chicken...
                  Our Bridal Party in Mexico

#9 coming together

coming together
                  • 162 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 12:18 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by brigopens
                    Well look at that, we've been to a concert together and didn't even know it!!!

As DMB loyalists, Amy & I think that's a great idea and talked about something similar. We're probably having our first dance to "Steady As We Go" and there will surely be tons of Dave sprinkled into the wedding, reception, and rest of the events we have down there. We debated on I'll Back You Up, but decided the words are a little too garbled for most people to get on the first time through...

Too bad you're out in California instead of a a Tennessee lamb marrying a dixie chicken...
                    Isn't Dave the best?! That concert was amazing.. We stayed at the Signature @ the MGM Grand.. It was awesome!!!!!!!!

#10 Nespie

Nespie
                    • 42 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 06:29 PM

I'm in exactly the same boat and I would love to read that Word doc for some ideas but the site says I don't have enough points!!! Could someone please please please send it to my mailbox (would that work)? Thanks~ Can't wait to read it.
                      Feb. Sig pic, kissing on New Year's Eve... Here's to a wonderful 2008!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users