Photo

What are you doing for your reception right after the wedding?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 terrihugg

terrihugg
  • 43 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

Originally, we were going to rent out a room at the resort and have a private dinner. But we only have about 30 people and don't think it makes sense to pay $500 to rent out the giant banquet room plus $40 per person for the meal. 

So were are debating just going to a nice restaurant with everyone or doing some type of dinner cruise excursion. I would prefer a sunset dinner cruise but the food on those things are never that great. 

I'm wondering what everyone else is doing for the "reception" right after the wedding.

#2 agm04

agm04
    • 548 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:19 PM

We're not at an all inclusive, but we're doing the traditional cocktail hour while we're off taking pictures, then a seated dinner.  We'll have the DJ start at the end of the seated dinner and continue with dancing.

#3 MeghanAnn

MeghanAnn
      • 31 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

We only have 13 guests so I see your dilemma. We are doing a private dinner for $50 a person at the resort right after the ceremony. We do not have to rent a room we are going to have it in an area by the pool which is included in the price. I think we are doing a sunset dinner cruise the night before for our "rehearsal" dinner. I just thought it would be easier to just stay in the same place. See if your resort offers something like that.

#4 KerenJones

KerenJones
        • 4 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:59 AM

To make your wedding unforgettable, you can prepare a slideshow of pictures before you were married. or you can have a messages for each other or from the guest. One of the video i've seen is entitled "epic wedding speech" it's really epic but so romantic.. the guy sing a song that he composed and he express his gratitude to all who attended through the song.. So cute. or you can have special numbers. :)

#5 JSLM

JSLM
          • 170 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:42 PM

I'm getting married in the Bahamas and what we decided to do was have a semi-private meal at a local restaurant. We figured since most of our guests will be staying on the resort for the whole week, that we would do our reception somewhere else.

#6 terrihugg

terrihugg
            • 43 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:11 PM

What restaurant are you going to? And where are you holding your ceremony?

#7 JSLM

JSLM
              • 170 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:43 PM

What restaurant are you going to? And where are you holding your ceremony?

Having my ceremony at the cloisters and dinner at Lucianos. How about you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users