Jump to content

Photo

anyone use MyRegistry.com??


  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 MsShelley

MsShelley

    VIP Member

  • VIP Member
  • 10,366 posts

    Posted 11 October 2007 - 09:18 AM

    I am trying to add where people can make a cash donation, like (honeymoon fund) anyone know how to do it? I can't find the link? tia

    #2 brigopens

    brigopens
    • Jr. Member
    • 247 posts

      Posted 12 October 2007 - 01:28 AM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by beachbride
      I am trying to add where people can make a cash donation, like (honeymoon fund) anyone know how to do it? I can't find the link? tia
      Go to edit gifts, and it should be the first choice (listed as inactive) above your current gift selections...

      Note -- At our resort, you could buy gift certificates on their website, so we just registered for those...

      Check out this link for more reviews and great info on MyRegistry.com - All Stores One Registry ®

      Current link re: myregistry.com
      Our Bridal Party in Mexico

      #3 MsShelley

      MsShelley

        VIP Member

      • VIP Member
      • 10,366 posts

        Posted 12 October 2007 - 09:03 AM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by brigopens
        Go to edit gifts, and it should be the first choice (listed as inactive) above your current gift selections...

        Note -- At our resort, you could buy gift certificates on their website, so we just registered for those...

        Check out this link for more reviews and great info on MyRegistry.com - All Stores One Registry ®

        Current link re: myregistry.com
        thanks, I couldn't find it anywhere!

        #4 brigopens

        brigopens
        • Jr. Member
        • 247 posts

          Posted 13 October 2007 - 06:23 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by beachbride
          thanks, I couldn't find it anywhere!
          We didn't register for any cash gifts, but did register for gift certificates to a few stores (HD, etc...) and also for gift certificates to use at the resort. People sometimes seem a little leary about the idea of registering for cash...

          Also talked to our local lawn care company and put them on myregistry.com for a year's worth of lawn treatment!!! I really hope we get that one!!!
          Our Bridal Party in Mexico

          #5 kurt10011

          kurt10011
          • Newbie
          • 2 posts

            Posted 22 August 2009 - 05:33 PM

            myregistry.com actual experience and review: BEWARE!

            I know this post is a bit old.. but incase anyone searching finds it like I did. A word of advice and warning on myregistry.com.

            I was looking for some way to combine multiple registry listings so it was easy for people who are spread all over the country. I read the post at Etsy ( Etsy :: The Storque :: Reviews :: Handmade Weddings: Custom Registry Websites ) and thought myregistry.com sounded good.

            It does offer a cash option, and is medium easy in getting things loaded in. But the real surprise problem we have run into is kind of a nightmare. Our registry links don't matter! It sends people where ever it wants to get a better refferal payment for myregistry.com The whole idea of registering is 1. make it easy for people 2. be able to return/exchange to get what you need. Now imagine my surprise when people started saying, "hey I got you that pot from your amazon registry!" when we don't have anything registered there! Because we are a destination wedding we needed control of what was sent where. To Bad! I complained to myregistry.com and this is what they sent.

            "MyRegistry reserves the right, exercisable in its sole discretion, with or without notice to you, to redirect users to or otherwise identify or designate other parties or Web sites from which MyRegistry believes such products or services (or products or services similar thereto, as determined by MyRegistry in its sole discretion) may be available.

            We hope this did not cause any inconvenience or confusion."

            It was easy on the people ordering, but our registry is now kind of a mess. So much for having certain items shipped here or there based on our registry at Macy's, Crate&Barrel, or BBB. Try driving a bunch of boxes to Amazon to swap them out.

            myregistry.com has a really shady revenue plan that is not well disclosed and undermines the whole point of a registry. YOU CAN DO BETTER!

            #6 Sheeoni

            Sheeoni
            • Newbie
            • 68 posts

              Posted 23 August 2009 - 09:50 AM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by kurt10011

              It does offer a cash option, and is medium easy in getting things loaded in. But the real surprise problem we have run into is kind of a nightmare. Our registry links don't matter! It sends people where ever it wants to get a better refferal payment for myregistry.com The whole idea of registering is 1. make it easy for people 2. be able to return/exchange to get what you need. Now imagine my surprise when people started saying, "hey I got you that pot from your amazon registry!" when we don't have anything registered there! Because we are a destination wedding we needed control of what was sent where. To Bad! I complained to myregistry.com and this is what they sent.

              "MyRegistry reserves the right, exercisable in its sole discretion, with or without notice to you, to redirect users to or otherwise identify or designate other parties or Web sites from which MyRegistry believes such products or services (or products or services similar thereto, as determined by MyRegistry in its sole discretion) may be available.
              Thanks for this topic and review. I never thought about the downside to using this service. I am going to start working on my registry as well, but now I will think twice about myregistry.

              #7 LilySearls

              LilySearls
              • Newbie
              • 2 posts

                Posted 02 December 2009 - 12:42 AM

                Kurt, you are so right and myregistry.com is a bad website. I tried using them and it was a nightmare - basically because you need to be an IT to even figure out how to buy gifts off it. After taking hours making my waste of time registry - I started testing how to buy gifts to see how it would be for my guests and it was so confusing and they put a ton of pop-ups on your computer screen it's just a mess. I just ended up registering at Macy's. I do trust the Amazon store and heard they have a one store fits all registry feature and I would suggest people try that because at least it's a household name and their site is easy to use.




                0 user(s) are reading this topic

                0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users