shes2013

Flow of reception/no dj

I am going to try that weddingdj app also....if I can save by cutting out the dj cost that would be great.

At the moment I dont think we will be having a dj either. I just cant justify the money on one right now. Part of the reason for us to have a DW is to make it simplistic, and since we are paying, make it something we can afford. My best friend has always said he wants to become a dj on the side. Perhaps I will try to convince him that I could be his first customer. 

My sister got married last year in Mexico and she did the iPod without a DJ. As the MOH, I sort of helped moved things along (I cued up people for their speeches in between courses at dinner) and played her first dance song when ready - but it really wasn't that big of a deal. We had a great playlist so no one missed the DJ at all! 

The good thing is for a destination wedding your guests have all been hanging out for at least a day or two so everyone knows who people are. My sister did a reception the night before so everyone was well acquainted - not much need to do a formal announcement of the bridal party!

We are getting married in June in Jamaica and will do the same - iPod with no DJ! Just assign someone responsible to keep things moving in case it is needed. 

If I were in this situation I would ask the wedding coordinator at the resort announce or a friend.

So what do you do for speakers and making sure people can hear the music, especially outside next to ocean?

And what do you do if the timing of songs don't fit the mood.

I would love to do it myself!

I just want ppl to enjoy themselves esp after traveling and all of the expenses

So what do you do for speakers and making sure people can hear the music, especially outside next to ocean?

And what do you do if the timing of songs don't fit the mood.

I would love to do it myself!

I just want ppl to enjoy themselves esp after traveling and all of the expenses

At my resort the DJ is $59 per hour or renting the sound system is $42/hour.

I guess someone could bring their IPOD speakers - not sure if the girls above did this or not.

I opted for the DJ, but will still have one of my guests be the MC.  Why? not sure, just what we chose.

We have 2 sets of iPod bos speakers we brought to cancun on the beach before...

I couldn't imagine using them for a reception, bc you can barely hear over the outside noise, wind, ocean etc.

We would love to dj ourselves but if the cost to rent speakers is nearly the same as a dj then.... Dj it is.