Photo

NEEED HELP FOR HIRING A DIVERSE DJ FOR DREAMS CANCUN

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Shlearae

Shlearae
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:15 AM

I'm an African American bride who is looking for an awesome DJ. Im thinking it may be hard considering the type of music I'm looking to play for my guests of all races & ages. My interests would include...

Smooth Jazz

Hip Hop

R&B

Old skool

Steppers Music

etc.

Im a bride from Chicago & here in Chicago we believe in stepping its not a party or a celebration without this form of dance. I just need a pretty diverse DJ that I feel may be kinda difficult. If you have any experience or have hired an amazing DJ that played this type of music at your wedding, pls provide the name, cost, & experience of who this fine DJ you're referring to is. Thank you so very much in advance.

Pls help as this is a major component of this epic time...

#2 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
    • 3,074 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:48 AM

hola Shlearae - have you considered compiling your own music list on an iPod - which you could plug into the resort sound system? it would certainly be cost efficient, and you'd have exactly what you want for music........

wishing you all the best with your plans, and that you + your guests have the time of your lives, dancing the night away!

team MTM asst, Lynda :)

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                          100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#3 AllieH

AllieH
      • Resort/Area Ambassadors
      • 2,014 posts
      • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
      • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
      • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:00 PM

Hi Shlearae!

We worked with a DJ through our resort; the resort's wedding coordinator had a playlist/spreadsheet for us to fill out for this DJ. We chose the entire list of songs we wanted played. We had a pretty diverse list, from country to techno to 80's to some 60's too - it was a wide variety!

The resort gave us a (huge) list of songs to choose from, and then we were able to specify other songs we wanted that weren't on the list. They went and found those songs for us.

So I'd suggest putting together a specific list of the "hard to find" or less-common songs that you you really want played at your wedding, and then asking the DJ's if they have those songs as you are weeding through them. You could also ask them what format they'd need if you could provide those songs to them (e.g. mp3, etc.).

I hope this idea helps you with your search & planning. Good luck!

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#4 Shlearae

Shlearae
      • 7 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

Thanks, 

I have considered doing both but quite honestly I really want a DJ as playing the whole song isn't always great when you want to PAR---TAY! lol. Any who its just really hard trying to plan a DW when they never really answer every question & I don't want to end up with a mediocre wedding reception. I haven't read on any forum of a bride who used the DJ @ Dreams Cancun. What if he's terrible OMG the stress of it all!!!

#5 brownsugarbride

brownsugarbride
        • 599 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 12:36 PM

Did you ever find a dj that fits the requirements that you list above? It sounds like I have similar tastes and wedding guests, and would love some recommendations!

#6 Wedding Dj In Cancun

Wedding Dj In Cancun
          • Vendor
          • 92 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 01:31 PM

Dear Brides to be

I'm a professional Dj with 30 years experience I'm done many African/American Weddings R&B, Old School, Hip Hop, Reggae, Soca, Funk Etc

info@discomovilcancun.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users