Photo

Wanted: intimate (resort) venue for ceremony & reception in Playa del Carmen! Help?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 laurammx

laurammx
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:17 AM

Hello ladies! :)

I'm a new bride looking for a resort in or near Playa del Carmen that fits the following requirements:

- Has a beach venue (or at least an outdoor venue with a view) for the wedding that is private. No other tourists or passersby gawking or taking pictures.

- Kids allowed, as our daughter will be around 2 yrs old at the time of the wedding. Nanny service is a plus!

- At least a 4 star

We would like a relaxed but elegant occasion for a wedding party of only 15 people or so. I'm thinking sunset, lots of candles, fairy lights, all white flowers, bare feet and cold champagne. Hubby-to-be is thinking pre-wedding day of surfing and Coronas. 

We haven't set a date or a budget yet, as want to first see what our options are and consider accordingly. :)

I would also be interested in beach clubs or similar venues, but don't want to hire a wedding planner as I have a feeling costs will spiral out of control if I do and don't want to be overwhelmed with choice when it comes to vendors.  Working with the wedding coordinator of a resort seems like an ideal way to go.

Any ideas, tips or help will be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks,

Laura

#2 Akumal Bride

Akumal Bride
    • 29 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:18 AM

Hi Laura, you may need to look outside of PDC proper and outside of an all inclusive resort if you really want to prioritize having a private beach ceremony with no gawkers. All the beaches in Mexico are open to the public and the stretch of beach in Playa is very well travelled. The resorts also aren't going to close off a section of thier beach to thier other guests for a wedding ( which they can't do legally anyway) though I would hope other resort guests would keep a respectful distance. I might look at some of the smaller resorts outside of town. People on this forum have had nice things to say about La Reve and Esencia, which look nice if a bit expensive. I got married last year at a small hotel called Al Cielo, that is south of PDC. It was really great, on a gorgeous and pretty secluded stretch of a beach called Xpu Ha. We didn't have any gawkers. Just a few ideas. Also, I'm sure that your fianc© will find plenty of Coronas, but there's not much surfing to be had in the RM, at least around PDC. Waves are too small. Lots of kiteboarding, though.

#3 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
      • Vendor
      • 1,243 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:45 PM

Hi Laurammx,

I second Akumal Bride, Al Cielo, Le Reve and Esencia are some of the best options for private beach and gorgeousness!!!!

Here are some pics and ideas:

Esencia Hotel. We looooove Jocelyn + Mike's Wedding: 

Hello ladies! :)

I'm a new bride looking for a resort in or near Playa del Carmen that fits the following requirements:

- Has a beach venue (or at least an outdoor venue with a view) for the wedding that is private. No other tourists or passersby gawking or taking pictures.

- Kids allowed, as our daughter will be around 2 yrs old at the time of the wedding. Nanny service is a plus!

- At least a 4 star

We would like a relaxed but elegant occasion for a wedding party of only 15 people or so. I'm thinking sunset, lots of candles, fairy lights, all white flowers, bare feet and cold champagne. Hubby-to-be is thinking pre-wedding day of surfing and Coronas. 

We haven't set a date or a budget yet, as want to first see what our options are and consider accordingly. :)

I would also be interested in beach clubs or similar venues, but don't want to hire a wedding planner as I have a feeling costs will spiral out of control if I do and don't want to be overwhelmed with choice when it comes to vendors.  Working with the wedding coordinator of a resort seems like an ideal way to go.

Any ideas, tips or help will be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks,

Laura

#4 PhotoFeelings

PhotoFeelings

Insiders

• Insiders
        • 31 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

Hello, congratulations for your wedding!

We would like to show you our wedding photography work in the Riviera Maya and hear his story (How did you meet?), What they like to do together (hobbies) and what type of photography you like best (colorful, vintage, black and white , reporting and dreamy, etc) to give you some ideas and get the best in their memories the most important day of your life! Please contact us and ask any details, we are here to serve you!

Greetings from Playa del Carmen!

photofeelings@hotmail.com

www.photorivieramaya.com

www.photofeelings.foliohd.com

PhotoFeelings Riviera Maya

Osvaldo & Mónica 

Destination Wedding Photographers

Cel. (984) 108 7974

Cel. (984) 135 7173

photofeelings@hotmail.com

www.photofeelingsrivieramaya.com

#5 laurammx

laurammx
          • 19 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:52 AM

Thanks a lot for your input! And the gorgeous photos 

La Reve was high on my list up until I realized they're adults only. I doubt we'll get their "special permission" as there will also be an infant under 1yrs old in the wedding party :) But we'll definitely look into Al Cielo (a bit uncertain of the wow-factor of the rooms based on their website though) and Esencia!

Too bad about the lousy surf for my hubby, he'll just have to concentrate on me instead if we do go with Mexico.  

#6 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
            • Vendor
            • 1,243 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by laurammx 

Thanks a lot for your input! And the gorgeous photos 

La Reve was high on my list up until I realized they're adults only. I doubt we'll get their "special permission" as there will also be an infant under 1yrs old in the wedding party :) But we'll definitely look into Al Cielo (a bit uncertain of the wow-factor of the rooms based on their website though) and Esencia!

Too bad about the lousy surf for my hubby, he'll just have to concentrate on me instead if we do go with Mexico.  

Hi Laurammx,

So happy to hear this info helped and just before you give up on Le Reve know that if you book the entire hotel for your wedding (only 5 rooms) you are able to bring kids!!! Doesn't hurt to ask though.

Good luck and happy planning!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users