yes, I am doing a lot of internet searching today!!

I found this card box that I love and I wanna make it for our AHR.... any ideas on how I would make this?? do you think this is a regular gift box?

Click the image to open in full size.

by the way it's bending inward, i'd assume that it's a regular gift box or something to that effect. it has to be heavy tho - sea glass and sand aren't light! wonder if you could get a rectangular piece of foam from michael's and carve it out, adding a gift box bottom. probably be more supportive, but idk.

Can't really see it, but it looks like a regular card board gift type box. I agree with the seaglass being heavy. However, you could also use plastic if you don't want to go through the trouble of reinforcing the box.

Some heavier cardboard boxes may be able to sustain the weight of seaglass though.

I assume there was a coat of glue applied to the box and it was rolled in sand, and the starfish were glued individually. It looks pretty easy to make, I'm sure with a trip to the craft store you could whip it up in a reasonable amount of time.

you know my parents bought a box for my sisters wedding and we used it also...I would look at a crafts store like AC Moore for a really simple one of those (they are pretty heavy with a satin look to them)

i got it - those photo storage boxes! the ones that look like shoeboxes - they are thick and sturdy. use an exacto knife to cut the hole in the top.

i'm totally doing this. wink.gif

Good idea!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren c. View Post
i got it - those photo storage boxes! the ones that look like shoeboxes - they are thick and sturdy. use an exacto knife to cut the hole in the top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren c. View Post

great idea! I knew someone would come up with a good idea!