• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 10,366 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 04:58 PM

yes, I am doing a lot of internet searching today!!

I found this card box that I love and I wanna make it for our AHR.... any ideas on how I would make this?? do you think this is a regular gift box?

Click the image to open in full size.

#2 1elephant

1elephant
    • VIP Member
    • 15,998 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 07:12 PM

by the way it's bending inward, i'd assume that it's a regular gift box or something to that effect. it has to be heavy tho - sea glass and sand aren't light! wonder if you could get a rectangular piece of foam from michael's and carve it out, adding a gift box bottom. probably be more supportive, but idk.

#3 Jessica

Jessica
      • VIP Member
      • 11,939 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 07:54 PM

Can't really see it, but it looks like a regular card board gift type box. I agree with the seaglass being heavy. However, you could also use plastic if you don't want to go through the trouble of reinforcing the box.

Some heavier cardboard boxes may be able to sustain the weight of seaglass though.

I assume there was a coat of glue applied to the box and it was rolled in sand, and the starfish were glued individually. It looks pretty easy to make, I'm sure with a trip to the craft store you could whip it up in a reasonable amount of time.

#4 Christine

Christine
        • VIP Member
        • 21,514 posts
        • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
        • Wedding Location:Napa, California
        • LocationReno, NV

Posted 10 October 2007 - 08:40 PM

you know my parents bought a box for my sisters wedding and we used it also...I would look at a crafts store like AC Moore for a really simple one of those (they are pretty heavy with a satin look to them)
        Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#5 1elephant

1elephant
        • VIP Member
        • 15,998 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 08:56 PM

i got it - those photo storage boxes! the ones that look like shoeboxes - they are thick and sturdy. use an exacto knife to cut the hole in the top.

i'm totally doing this.

#6 Chiquita

Chiquita
          • 2,674 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 09:24 PM

Good idea!!

Quote:
            Originally Posted by lauren c.
            i got it - those photo storage boxes! the ones that look like shoeboxes - they are thick and sturdy. use an exacto knife to cut the hole in the top.

i'm totally doing this.

#7 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 10,366 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 09:28 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by lauren c.

i'm totally doing this.
              great idea! I knew someone would come up with a good idea!

#8 boscobel

boscobel
              • VIP Member
              • 24,213 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 09:30 AM

Shelley - I am doing home renovations and sanding down spackle is one of them. You could totally use sandpaper to line the box!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users